• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible only way it gets done now, though, is if they offer 40-45 mil. Have a feeling if he was willing to settle for 30-35 mil it would have been done long ago. Just my opinion, though.

They may be forced to offer 50

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing the plan is to get everything done before him and Baker is on board with this

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Hadn't thought of the NFLPA. They definitely would not want him taking any less than every penny he can get.
and could say it's his call he can do what he wants, ignore the pressure, etc, but something to be said for not hurting the "next guy".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reports are that there have been no substantive negotiations on extension. Which implies both sides are content to let it play out.

IMO, yes, it is a mistake for the Browns not to push for an extension.
This is what you are going by? The "reports"? Like the Browns or Baker feel they need to do their negotiating in the media and if they don't it has to mean they are not talking? what do you think happened this time....

Browns - "should we discuss the future with you"
Baker/agent - "nah'

Or vice versa?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can keep going around in circles if you want.

Bottom line, the Browns will be irrelevant if Baker sucks.

So might as well gamble and get him under contract early.

That is all I am saying.
I get this is all you are saying. All I'm saying is this "logic" makes little sense...even less sense now that we now know you are basing your "logic" on reports they have not spoken about a deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get this is all you are saying. All I'm saying is this "logic" makes little sense...even less sense now that we now know you are basing your "logic" on reports they have not spoken about a deal.

You take so many liberties with peoples’ words it is unreal.

Show me where I said they haven’t spoken about a deal. That is not what I said at all.

This is a big part of why people don’t like discussing things with you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take so many liberties with peoples’ words it is unreal.

Show me where I said they haven’t spoken about a deal. That is not what I said at all.

This is a big part of why people don’t like discussing things with you.
Are you serious? Everything you are saying implies they have not been discussing this and will just let it play out. Know why? Because you said as much......

Post 4570 by you -
"The reports are that there have been no substantive negotiations on extension. Which implies both sides are content to let it play out.

IMO, yes, it is a mistake for the Browns not to push for an extension."

Never mind how funny it is you based all this on baseless reports.

I would add there must be a lot of people who lack self control as I have many discussions with a number of people, including you. If I did not enjoy the conversations I was having I'd refrain from commenting.....but that's me

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker said Allen contract is a win for all qbs....yeah browns going to end up offering 45-50 mil yearly. Should have done his deal before Allen or Jackson

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker said Allen contract is a win for all qbs....yeah browns going to end up offering 45-50 mil yearly. Should have done his deal before Allen or Jackson
You can’t do the deal without Baker’s consent lol. If a player wants to wait there is nothing to discuss at this point. That being said, it could still get done before offseason. Baker isn’t an idiot, whether Allen got his contract or not he knows the going rate for QB’s. Remember Mahomes already got paid, that bridge has been crossed

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Everything you are saying implies they have not been discussing this and will just let it play out. Know why? Because you said as much......

Post 4570 by you -
"The reports are that there have been no substantive negotiations on extension. Which implies both sides are content to let it play out.

IMO, yes, it is a mistake for the Browns not to push for an extension."

Never mind how funny it is you based all this on baseless reports.

I would add there must be a lot of people who lack self control as I have many discussions with a number of people, including you. If I did not enjoy the conversations I was having I'd refrain from commenting.....but that's me

No substantive negotiations means exactly what it means. That they haven’t had serious talks.

You twist that all the way to:

“They have not spoken at all”

That is total BS and not what I said.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t do the deal without Baker’s consent lol. If a player wants to wait there is nothing to discuss at this point. That being said, it could still get done before offseason. Baker isn’t an idiot, whether Allen got his contract or not he knows the going rate for QB’s. Remember Mahomes already got paid, that bridge has been crossed

The Mahomes deal happened long before it had to because KC approached him with a figure he couldn’t turn down.

And it will look like a bargain in a few years.

Cleveland could have done that with Baker. Every time another QB gets paid, Baker’s asking price goes up. And it doesn’t even matter if he is as good as the other guy getting paid.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mahomes deal happened long before it had to because KC approached him with a figure he couldn’t turn down.

And it will look like a bargain in a few years.

Cleveland could have done that with Baker. Every time another QB gets paid, Baker’s asking price goes up. And it doesn’t even matter if he is as good as the other guy getting paid.
Then you kinda just proved my point, if his asking price was high to begin with what is the rush in signing early. Allen getting his deal (which was less than Mahomes) doesn’t change anything. This is what I said from the start

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak got paid. Patty got paid. Allen got paid.

Lamar will get paid. Baker will get paid. The asking price isn’t just drastically goimf up. It’s been set has been for some time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Thomas back at it lol.

I never switched on a player on my favorite team so fast. What a tool

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got any bad humidity with those high temp's?
So far, yes. It's just weird to have overnight temps around 80 in NY. That said, can't really complain compared to the temps across the country right now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, yes. It's just weird to have overnight temps around 80 in NY. That said, can't really complain compared to the temps across the country right now.

Heard the wildfire smoke from the fires out west have stretched all the way to the east coast. You dealing with any of that where you're at?