• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. In the grand scheme of things, waiting is the smarter move. So say he was offered $35-40M he will probably make $45M but with more guaranteed money. I’m sure they are fine with that if Baker progresses and the Browns win. It just isn’t a big deal honestly.
Right...I mean, sure, if Baker would take $30-35 mil or maybe even approach $40 mil and they were comfortable with that, then have at it and sign him. But we don't know anything about the negotiations.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu...got a brisket in the smoker right now. What you got going on?

Get outta my mind man! Put the brisket in the smoker around 6:00 this morning. I'm staying inside pretty much the rest of the day. Air quality so bad can't see the mountains at all and if I go out and breathe though my nose it starts burning.

So I'm toking up and listening to this CD right now. And waiting for the HOF induction ceremony.

downloadvcxcxcv.jpg

How about you, what you got going on today?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67

PG- Westbrook (33)*
SG- THT (21)*
SF- Melo (38)*
PF- LeBron (37)*
C- AD (29)*

If that's the starting line up on opening night their combined ages of 158 is almost as old as you! How you doing?

* = ages once season ends

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get outta my mind man! Put the brisket in the smoker around 6:00 this morning. I'm staying inside pretty much the rest of the day. Air quality so bad can't see the mountains at all and if I go out and breathe though my nose it starts burning.

So I'm toking up and listening to this CD right now. And waiting for the HOF induction ceremony.

View attachment 276881

How about you, what you got going on today?

Yeah, I'm pretty much in for the day. Not because of air quality, but because it's hot af outside.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm pretty much in for the day. Not because of air quality, but because it's hot af outside.

You ever microwave homemade lasagna instead of baking it in the oven?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told someone here about Trautman but they don't listen

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco actually did play really well and did so in the playoffs. Cousins did get a massive deal but not this level of massive.

He is still signed through the 2022 season and could franchise him in 2023 if we want. If the guy does not improve and team falls short of expectations it's not very likely he gets more than Josh Allen just received.

And there's this...you are also ignoring he could sign for a ton and regress or flame out. That happens, ya know.

Kirk Cousins was the highest paid QB in the league when he signed his deal with Minnesota.

And I did actually address the flameout possibility in the past.

If he flames out, then it won’t matter that he is signed to a bad contract because the Browns won’t be a contending team without him playing well/

They also probably won’t be a contending team if they are on the QB market after next season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seems like some here just want to look at scenarios where Browns might have screwed up, but ignore the other scenarios that could play out. Imagine if they did sign him early and he regressed. would they be saying how smart it was to sign him early?

as mentioned before....any reason yet not to trust Berry/Dipo? And, of course, cannot make him sign. For all we know he's been offered close to $40 mil and turned it down.

Nope.

I would be saying it is the right move.

Actually less risky to sign him early.

Thing is, there is some risk either way. Signing him early is betting on your guy to succeed, which almost always plays better than the other way around, which almost seems like guarding against him failing.

I just think that is the wrong approach to managing a sports team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

I would be saying it is the right move.

Actually less risky to sign him early.

Thing is, there is some risk either way. Signing him early is betting on your guy to succeed, which almost always plays better than the other way around, which almost seems like guarding against him failing.

I just think that is the wrong approach to managing a sports team.
Nope, more risky to sign him earlier. Like I said before, this is a team that has been in the gutter for a long time. If you sign him early and he doesn’t play up to expectations you are screwed for the future. If you wait and have to pay more you still got your guy but at a bigger price. It’s not like they are going to lose him, so really no risk.

I think you are definitely overthinking this, it’s pretty simple imo. Josh Allen and Lamar are in different circumstances. One won a MVP and the other had a great season and got his team to the AFCCG but I think it is fair they are waiting on Lamar, still some reason to worry. The worst thing a team can do is jeopardize their future committing to a QB too early, Wentz is a perfect example.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, more risky to sign him earlier. Like I said before, this is a team that has been in the gutter for a long time. If you sign him early and he doesn’t play up to expectations you are screwed for the future. If you wait and have to pay more you still got your guy but at a bigger price. It’s not like they are going to lose him, so really no risk.

I think you are definitely overthinking this, it’s pretty simple imo. Josh Allen and Lamar are in different circumstances. One won a MVP and the other had a great season and got his team to the AFCCG but I think it is fair they are waiting on Lamar, still some reason to worry. The worst thing a team can do is jeopardize their future committing to a QB too early, Wentz is a perfect example.

You are screwed either way if he isn’t your franchise QB.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,966.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67

PG- Westbrook (33)*
SG- THT (21)*
SF- Melo (38)*
PF- LeBron (37)*
C- AD (29)*

If that's the starting line up on opening night their combined ages of 158 is almost as old as you! How you doing?

* = ages once season ends
It won't be. THT isn't a good outside shooter. More likely to be Ellington.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's even better. Would bump the total age up to around 170.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's more of a formality. Ellington generally averages about 20 mins a game. With this team he probably gets even less.