• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but he sure seems like the type who might have been willing to bet on himself to get more.
Ohh absolutely. Everything is about motivation. He wants to play well this year to prove people wrong and become the highest paid QB in the NFL.

Bc lets say for example he had a great season and they won the SB….what do you think is going to happen? LOL It won’t matter the price, he would get extended

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh absolutely. Everything is about motivation. He wants to play well this year to prove people around and become the highest paid QB in the NFL.

Bc lets say for example he had a great season and they won the SB….what do you think is going to happen? LOL It won’t matter the price, he would get extended
I agree with tlance there is a price he'd be willing to take....where I disagree is him talking about regret if he does not sign. First, because he does not know what was offered and turned down. second, as mentioned, the only real regret would be signing him and having him regress or crash/burn. If they have to pay him a lot more because he balled out and we went to the AFCC or SB I think the Browns could live with it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with tlance there is a price he'd be willing to take....where I disagree is him talking about regret if he does not sign. First, because he does not know what was offered and turned down. second, as mentioned, the only real regret would be signing him and having him regress or crash/burn. If they have to pay him a lot more because he balled out and we went to the AFCC or SB I think the Browns could live with it.
And I totally get it from both sides. This is the season, Baker definitely has the team and coach around him. No reason to extend him before you see him this year, of course we know there is a risk BUT like you said we don’t what he was offered, if he was offered or what that figure would look like. Ohh well, they knew it was coming eventually, I believe in Berry and his smart moves to make it work if Baker balled out

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I totally get it from both sides. This is the season, Baker definitely has the team and coach around him. No reason to extend him before you see him this year, of course we know there is a risk BUT like you said we don’t what he was offered, if he was offered or what that figure would look like. Ohh well, they knew it was coming eventually, I believe in Berry and his smart moves to make it work if Baker balled out
Hard not to believe in Berry (and Dipo) until they give us reason not to.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there is a number....but how do you know it's not right around what Allen signed for? The answer is you don't....though you'll pretend to know.

FYI, the only way they regret not signing him sooner is if the kid balls out and the Browns have a great season. Even then, they still have him signed for next season and could franchise him the following year if need be.

Really the only way this turns into real regret is if they pay him a ton of money and he regresses or completely fails.

I don’t pretend to know any such thing
What I would definitely bet on though?

Is that Allen’s number is going to look cheap in a couple seasons. That is how these things go.

Definitely a chance Baker gets as much or more when he comes up.

Because franchise QB is the one guy who holds all the leverage.

So I will say again. The longer the Browns wait, the more they will have to pay.

Quite simple really.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it means the Browns will win it all this year. But I'm also really baked right now so don't believe what I just said. Had 30+ days in a row of bad air quality around here. Not doing anything outside this time of day.

Haven't had to deal with the air quality issues way over here in Western NY, but the heat is returning. Supposed to be around 90 for the next few days at least (glad I'm pretty much caught up with my yard work, lol).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't had to deal with the air quality issues way over here in Western NY, but the heat is returning. Supposed to be around 90 for the next few days at least (glad I'm pretty much caught up with my yard work, lol).

You got any bad humidity with those high temp's?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I enjoyed the past two weeks in the tri-state. Almost perfect weather. High 70s/low 80s and very low humidity

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t pretend to know any such thing
What I would definitely bet on though?

Is that Allen’s number is going to look cheap in a couple seasons. That is how these things go.

Definitely a chance Baker gets as much or more when he comes up.

Because franchise QB is the one guy who holds all the leverage.

So I will say again. The longer the Browns wait, the more they will have to pay.

Quite simple really.
The longer they wait the more they'll pay IF he plays really well. Other thing that is really simple is they cannot make him sign. You also ignore he can bet on himself and lose.

Based on what you are saying, what do you see as worst case? He balls out, Browns get to AFCCG or SB and they then have to pay him what Allen was paid or a little more?

Oh, the horror.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longer they wait the more they'll pay IF he plays really well. Other thing that is really simple is they cannot make him sign. You also ignore he can bet on himself and lose.

Based on what you are saying, what do you see as worst case? He balls out, Browns get to AFCCG or SB and they then have to pay him what Allen was paid or a little more?

Oh, the horror.

That is just it

He doesn’t have to play all that well to get a massive contract.

Just look back at the history of guys like Kirk Cousins, Joe Flacco, etc.

The price goes up the longer you wait.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it

Yep couldn't agree more

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it

Flacco actually did play really well and did so in the playoffs. Cousins did get a massive deal but not this level of massive.

He is still signed through the 2022 season and could franchise him in 2023 if we want. If the guy does not improve and team falls short of expectations it's not very likely he gets more than Josh Allen just received.

And there's this...you are also ignoring he could sign for a ton and regress or flame out. That happens, ya know.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it

Of course, but that means he could have been paid $35M/year this year. (actually saw it at a projected $34M/year). They wait until next year, whether he balls out or not…we are talking what $40-$45M. If good to average QB’s can get $30-35M I don’t see as much risk. I’m sure the Browns have went through every scenario:
what if he plays average and they win?
What if he plays good and they win/lose?
What if he plays like a top 5 QB and they win/lose?
A lot of factors but in the grand scheme or things, you do take risk in every scenario. What if you sign him early and he regresses big time? I think waiting is the smarter move for a team like the Browns bc they have been in the gutter so long. They can’t risk being stuck in that contract with the core they have.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, but that means he could have been paid $35M/year this year. (actually saw it at a projected $34M/year). They wait until next year, whether he balls out or not…we are talking what $40-$45M. If good to average QB’s can get $30-35M I don’t see as much risk. I’m sure the Browns have went through every scenario:
what if he plays average and they win?
What if he plays good and they win/lose?
What if he plays like a top 5 QB and they win/lose?
A lot of factors but in the grand scheme or things, you do take risk in every scenario. What if you sign him early and he regresses big time? I think waiting is the smarter move for a team like the Browns bc they have been in the gutter so long. They can’t risk being stuck in that contract with the core they have.
Just seems like some here just want to look at scenarios where Browns might have screwed up, but ignore the other scenarios that could play out. Imagine if they did sign him early and he regressed. would they be saying how smart it was to sign him early?

as mentioned before....any reason yet not to trust Berry/Dipo? And, of course, cannot make him sign. For all we know he's been offered close to $40 mil and turned it down.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seems like some here just want to look at scenarios where Browns might have screwed up, but ignore the other scenarios that could play out. Imagine if they did sign him early and he regressed. would they be saying how smart it was to sign him early?

as mentioned before....any reason yet not to trust Berry/Dipo? And, of course, cannot make him sign. For all we know he's been offered close to $40 mil and turned it down.
Exactly. In the grand scheme of things, waiting is the smarter move. So say he was offered $35-40M he will probably make $45M but with more guaranteed money. I’m sure they are fine with that if Baker progresses and the Browns win. It just isn’t a big deal honestly.