• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think he has grown up a lot, but I’m not sure that kind of thing goes away completely. He plays better that way anyway.

I got so sick of his attitude and his 123 different commercials his rookie year. Maybe getting married took the jackass out of him? He's a different, and better, QB than he was under Freddie.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got so sick of his attitude and his 123 different commercials his rookie year. Maybe getting married took the jackass out of him? He's a different, and better, QB than he was under Freddie.
In college it didn’t matter because he was better than most everyone but he was a douchbag of the highest order in college.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think he has grown up a lot, but I’m not sure that kind of thing goes away completely. He plays better that way anyway.
Probably true...at the very least he's at least been better at publicly ignoring most of his critics.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In college it didn’t matter because he was better than most everyone but he was a douchbag of the highest order in college.

Knowing that you're a diehard Sooner gonna take your word one that. Wasn't it against Kansas when he looked at their sideline and grabbed his crotch on national tv? Then there was the alcohol thing, but that was just a college kid being a stupid college kid.

One thing that still makes me laugh was when he planted the flag in the center of the Block O when OK beat Ohio State at the Shoe. I know some Ohio State fans that are still pissed about that. I say get over it. Now if a meeeechegan player did that it's time for a brawl.

But something I'm sure he wasn't aware of. What Ohio State did after that W in Norman, going to end of the field to celebrate with the Buckeye fans that made the trip. They do that same thing every road W with the fans.

I'm really looking forward to the start of the season. And good luck to your Sooners. Not sure what they lost from last year or how they did in recruiting. What are your expectations?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing that you're a diehard Sooner gonna take your word one that. Wasn't it against Kansas when he looked at their sideline and grabbed his crotch on national tv? Then there was the alcohol thing, but that was just a college kid being a stupid college kid.

One thing that still makes me laugh was when he planted the flag in the center of the Block O when OK beat Ohio State at the Shoe. I know some Ohio State fans that are still pissed about that. I say get over it. Now if a meeeechegan player did that it's time for a brawl.

But something I'm sure he wasn't aware of. What Ohio State did after that W in Norman, going to end of the field to celebrate with the Buckeye fans that made the trip. They do that same thing every road W with the fans.

I'm really looking forward to the start of the season. And good luck to your Sooners. Not sure what they lost from last year or how they did in recruiting. What are your expectations?
This is the Sooners best shot at a national championship in a decade.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on NFL live the other day.

Player A

W/L: 11-5

total QBR- 72.6

Player B

W/L: 11-5

total QBR: 72.2

Player A is TB12. Player B is Mayfield. Disclaimer- before anyone tries to take this outta context I'm not saying Mayfield is anywhere near TB12. Just that QBR's for last season were similar.

Ah, so you're saying Mayfield plays like a 44 year old QB. Better rethink that extension then....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so you're saying Mayfield plays like a 44 year old QB. Better rethink that extension then....

I think it means the Browns will win it all this year. But I'm also really baked right now so don't believe what I just said. Had 30+ days in a row of bad air quality around here. Not doing anything outside this time of day.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, likely the last season in the big 12.

It's gonna be weird when the Sooner & Longhorns go to the SEC. I know you'll feel bad about this. Texas can't even compete in the Big XII. I don't see it getting better for them going to a different conference.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be weird when the Sooner & Longhorns go to the SEC. I know you'll feel bad about this. Texas can't even compete in the Big XII. I don't see it getting better for them going to a different conference.
I don’t know, it might be the kick in the ass they need. The one OU is giving them almost yearly clearly isn’t working.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt and I was way off on him. Didn't see inaccurate at Wyoming translating to the NFL. Have to think NYG, Denver and the Jets are kicking themselves for passing on him.
He was a feast or famine type of prospect. If he could work and put it all together he’d be the best QB in the draft. If he was a slow study or half committed or poorly coached, he could have been Ryan Leaf. It looks like it’s gonna be the feast.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say...if Baker balls out this year then they are going to match that contract. That is bad thing about waiting bc they probably could have offered him what 5 for $175M?
Probably, but he sure seems like the type who might have been willing to bet on himself to get more.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said a long time ago…

The price is only going to go up the longer they wait.
something I'd add is who knows what has already been offered. Cannot make him sign and Baker might just be the type who is willing to bet on himself.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something I'd add is who knows what has already been offered. Cannot make him sign and Baker might just be the type who is willing to bet on himself.

There is definitely a number he would sign an extension for.

The longer you wait, the higher the number goes and the more the Browns will regret not extending him sooner.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is definitely a number he would sign an extension for.

The longer you wait, the higher the number goes and the more the Browns will regret not extending him sooner.
Of course there is a number....but how do you know it's not right around what Allen signed for? The answer is you don't....though you'll pretend to know.

FYI, the only way they regret not signing him sooner is if the kid balls out and the Browns have a great season. Even then, they still have him signed for next season and could franchise him the following year if need be.

Really the only way this turns into real regret is if they pay him a ton of money and he regresses or completely fails.

Last edited: