• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t see anyone wanting Watson with everything going on around him
He’s going to be an Eagle. Eagles will ship 2 of their 3 2022 first round picks for him plus a 3rd and 4th in the next two drafts. Texans can want as many picks as they like but his legal issues say they won’t get more than that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Nebraska or Texas are in the same world with OU in all time achievements. You must be a youngster, can’t see the big picture yet. I hope you get there someday.

You do realize that all-time achievements only matter to alumni, especially those 20 years back or more?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's to decide? You said "if you put Nebraska or Texas and OU in the same sentence together you don't know football" the put all 3 in same sentence twice in a matter of minutes.

You said Nebraska "not even in same world" as OU in overall achievements when OU has 7 seasons with a #1 finish to 5 for Nebraska and has a whopping 8 more total wins.

That first comment is just priceless. One of the funniest comments I've seen in my time here. Then it seems like you cannot decide if this discussion should be all time, The Now or the future and where CFB is going.

And I'm well past millennium age....probably why I understand Nebraska and Oklahoma - if you are capable of looking past this millenium - are very comparable.

Oh, the irony.

Logic isn't applicable when biases are present. Fans and alumni included.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that all-time achievements only matter to alumni, especially those 20 years back or more?
Yup, and Nebraska hasn’t even won a conference title in that time frame. Texas very few.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, and Nebraska hasn’t even won a conference title in that time frame. Texas very few.

Yet you seem happy that Oklahoma is leaving their near-guaranteed playoff slot for more money that they can't legally pay players with yet. For more competition (and likely more losses) in a tougher conference.

This reorganization is stupid IMO. SEC - South Eastern Conference. It seems many are failing geography. Then again, I'd rather have Syracuse back in the Big East too; moving to the ACC hasn't helped recruiting noticeably in basketball or football IMO; it just gets them more games vs Duke and NC, when the fans would rather see more games vs Georgetown and Connecticut.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you seem happy that Oklahoma is leaving their near-guaranteed playoff slot for more money that they can't legally pay players with yet. For more competition (and likely more losses) in a tougher conference.

This reorganization is stupid IMO. SEC - South Eastern Conference. It seems many are failing geography. Then again, I'd rather have Syracuse back in the Big East too; moving to the ACC hasn't helped recruiting noticeably in basketball or football IMO; it just gets them more games vs Duke and NC, when the fans would rather see more games vs Georgetown and Connecticut.

It's gamble by OU and Texas for sure, imo. They are gambling that the SEC will continue to get more teams into the playoff and that, even with the step up in competition, they will be 2 of the teams that get in. So they are betting that they can get the additional money AND make the playoff most years.

It may work for awhile. But if teams in other conferences improve, they could replace a couple of SEC teams and Texas and Oklahoma could find themselves wishing they hadn't left the Big 12.

Financially, it's a no brainer. From a competition point of view...remains to be seen.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making his comment more absurd is, in fact, Nebraska does compare favorably in all time achievement. OU has only 2 more seasons with a #1 finish and grand total of 8 more wins.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed...if you just said OU was far better the last 20 years than Nebraska who would have argued with that? But you were all over the place here and even brought out all time achievements?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gamble by OU and Texas for sure, imo. They are gambling that the SEC will continue to get more teams into the playoff and that, even with the step up in competition, they will be 2 of the teams that get in. So they are betting that they can get the additional money AND make the playoff most years.

It may work for awhile. But if teams in other conferences improve, they could replace a couple of SEC teams and Texas and Oklahoma could find themselves wishing they hadn't left the Big 12.

Financially, it's a no brainer. From a competition point of view...remains to be seen.
Based on latter comment my guess is this was all about money. Playing tougher competition and likely losing more games wont be a better sell to recruits IMO.

Good get for SEC, though.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed...if you just said OU was far better the last 20 years than Nebraska who would have argued with that? But you were all over the place here and even brought out all time achievements?
OU is better all time than both Nebraska and Texas, indisputable.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on latter comment my guess is this was all about money. Playing tougher competition and likely losing more games wont be a better sell to recruits IMO.

Good get for SEC, though.
This shows how ignorant you are on the subject. I’m talking about the cream of the crop recruiting. OU has not been getting many of those guys on defense because the SEC has used the success of a few of their programs to convince top line recruits that the SEC is a better path to the NFL. They can’t use that argument against OU now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is better all time than both Nebraska and Texas, indisputable.

I'll dispute it. :heh:

Then why was it in the decade of the 90's the Huskers won 108 games and had no losing seasons and OK won 61 games with 3 losing seasons & two .500 season and failed to win double digits in a single season that decade?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why was it in the decade of the 90's the Huskers won 108 games and had no losing seasons and OK won 61 games with 3 losing seasons & two .500 season and failed to win double digits in a single season that decade?
Is all time one decade? Ok I’ll play, OU likely wins all the other decades back to the beginning.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is all time one decade? Ok I’ll play, OU likely wins all the other decades back to the beginning.

Is all time one decade? Let me check. Nope. Gotta admit I kinda missed that all time thing. My bad.