• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is all time one decade? Let me check. Nope. Gotta admit I kinda missed that all time thing. My bad.
It’s all good. I’m not trying to tell everyone that OU is going to go into the SEC and throw everyone around, that’s not happening. But OU has as good of a chance of success as anyone in that conference, that’s the truth. Their weakness on defense should be sured up as a result of this.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s all good. I’m not trying to tell everyone that OU is going to go into the SEC and throw everyone around, that’s not happening. But OU has as good of a chance of success as anyone in that conference, that’s the truth. Their weakness on defense should be sured up as a result of this.
For me, I think OU’s defensive issues have been more coaching and scheme. They have had guys make the league. I think the talent has been there. But you put them on on Saturday afternoon and you see so many out of whack things. They don’t tackle well. They don’t play with leverage. They often seem to get out flanked by formations. They don’t play well off of blocks. They just seem to be unsound on so many levels. Switching conferences doesn’t fix this stuff. In many ways, it can make existing issues worse. Just my opinion

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I think OU’s defensive issues have been more coaching and scheme. They have had guys make the league. I think the talent has been there. But you put them on on Saturday afternoon and you see so many out of whack things. They don’t tackle well. They don’t play with leverage. They often seem to get out flanked by formations. They don’t play well off of blocks. They just seem to be unsound on so many levels. Switching conferences doesn’t fix this stuff. In many ways, it can make existing issues worse. Just my opinion
Mikey Stoops was a big problem and set us back. It’s been a ling time since we had a 1st rounder d lineman. That will change.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mikey Stoops was a big problem and set us back. It’s been a ling time since we had a 1st rounder d lineman. That will change.
They’re already 2 years removed from Stoops. The things I’m talking about can be addressed by solid coaching in a single spring or summer camp.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shows how ignorant you are on the subject. I’m talking about the cream of the crop recruiting. OU has not been getting many of those guys on defense because the SEC has used the success of a few of their programs to convince top line recruits that the SEC is a better path to the NFL. They can’t use that argument against OU now.
You realize by saying someone is ignorant on a subject does not mean you, yourself, can be wrong as you might be here? was a time OSU struggled to get the top QBs and now - without changing conferences - they are landing more of the top QBs. Texas has been exceptional in recruiting quite often in the B12 when they had Mack Brown. Playing better defense might help OU recruit better on D. Switching to a tougher conference might even make them look worse on D.

Try as you might, though, you'll have a tough time topping this.....You put Nebraska, Texas and OU in the same sentence together again after saying if you put Nebraska or Texas and OU in the same sentence together you don't know football. Hilarious.

so, yes, according to your own comment YOU don't know CFB.

Priceless.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Bama (for now) sure, they have as good a chance at success as anyone in the SEC. But it's kooky talk to think being in the SEC automatically helps them improve their defense and that the real possibility of more losses could not hurt recruiting.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...but could change in the B12 as well just as easily.

again, none of this says it was not a good get by the SEC or the right move for Oklahoma.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Bama (for now) sure, they have as good a chance at success as anyone in the SEC. But it's kooky talk to think being in the SEC automatically helps them improve their defense and that the real possibility of more losses could not hurt recruiting.
You obviously don’t know college football. That’s ok, you don’t have to.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously don’t know college football. That’s ok, you don’t have to.
Says the guy who said this - "if you put Nebraska or Texas and OU in the same sentence together you don't know football."

If we have a Post of the Year you already nailed it. Maybe all decade.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who said this - "if you put Nebraska or Texas and OU in the same sentence together you don't know football."

If we have a Post of the Year you already nailed it. Maybe all decade.
You are a total dufus if you really think that is funny.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a total dufus if you really think that is funny.
total dufus is the guy who made that comment. Partial dufus if you think it's a lock going to the SEC guarantees OU will play better defense.

You had some other gems in this thread, too, like OU being "worlds better" in their history over Nebraska and Texas. Not that overall history has much to do with where they and college football are headed anyway.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the week one match-up if the Browns and the Chiefs is gonna be over-analyzed, but my early prediction is Chiefs by 7...

Come at me, Browns fans lol...
Course i keep hearing they have a decent shot at getting to the Super Bowl. Least that's what BSPN keeps saying...

On my side i've seen Chiefs fans (not on this site)predicting a possible undefeated season. Lol that ALWAYS spells bad karma...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the week one match-up if the Browns and the Chiefs is gonna be over-analyzed, but my early prediction is Chiefs by 7...

Come at me, Browns fans lol...
August is when it really feels like football is right around the corner. Cannot wait!! No clue what to expect week 1.

I do wonder and have not heard anyone talk about this.....used to be week 3 was the preseason game the starters would play the longest. wonder if that remains the same with no week 4 since there are 2 weeks before the season or will week 2 be that game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
August is when it really feels like football is right around the corner. Cannot wait!! No clue what to expect week 1.

I do wonder and have not heard anyone talk about this.....used to be week 3 was the preseason game the starters would play the longest. wonder if that remains the same with no week 4 since there are 2 weeks before the season or will week 2 be that game.
Agree that it'll be interesting to see how that's managed. If it were me i'd barely play my starters, but we'll see what each team's brain trust will do...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nbc should have shown it live and also tonight in primetime. They dropped the ball like always

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the offense- and especially the running game- will be in good shape for the Browns early on.

What worries me is integrating basically a whole new defense. Honestly- I think there are going to be 2 starters back from last years defense.

isnt that it? Ward and Garrett? Any other starters back from last year on the defense?

the secondary doesnt only have a chance- it IS going to be much improved- but i think itll take time. Delpit and Newsome havent played 1 NFL game but both guys are extremely talented. Greedy hasnt played in over a year of course. Adding Hill and of course Johnson in free agency will help a lot- but the defense will likely need some time to gel.

That is unless Clowney gets his act together and Garret takes the next step. If thats the case....yikes.