• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...and in the B12 the playoff for OU was a near lock for them.

Isn't to say they shouldn't switch, but the switch is for the money not because they'll be more competitive (or better chance to make playoff) IMO.
It’s about 3 things honestly. Money, recruiting and competitiveness. The last 2 are obviously related. With the players ability to generate revenue it’s likely that more will be available at the football factories, like OU. No longer can playing in the SEC be used against OU for the top talent. OU already gets who they want on offense, this will help tremendously on defense. Just watch, it will come out that this 12 team playoff thing was a result of all of this. OU would not have done this without it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a joke dude.

Lighten up

And that's why I laughed at it. So I laughed at your comment and you still tell me to lighten up? Now that's funny. You take yourself way too seriously.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s about 3 things honestly. Money, recruiting and competitiveness. The last 2 are obviously related. With the players ability to generate revenue it’s likely that more will be available at the football factories, like OU. No longer can playing in the SEC be used against OU for the top talent. OU already gets who they want on offense, this will help tremendously on defense. Just watch, it will come out that this 12 team playoff thing was a result of all of this. OU would not have done this without it.
Pretty sure Texas spent a long time at or near the top in recruiting under Mack Brown without having to be in the SEC. Different times but Nebraska was a blue blood when they joined the BIG and they fell off the map. Not possible that could be OU's fate in a better conference?

I do agree without the switch to 12 teams OU stays put as under currrent format they'd have a far lesser chance at a CFP appearance. As it stands, at 12 teams I suspect they have a lesser chance to get there in the SEC than they would if they stayed put.
Makes me think it's the money and not much else.......and that's understandable.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Texas spent a long time at or near the top in recruiting under Mack Brown without having to be in the SEC. Different times but Nebraska was a blue blood when they joined the BIG and they fell off the map. Not possible that could be OU's fate in a better conference?

I do agree without the switch to 12 teams OU stays put as under currrent format they'd have a far lesser chance at a CFP appearance. As it stands, at 12 teams I suspect they have a lesser chance to get there in the SEC than they would if they stayed put.
Makes me think it's the money and not much else.......and that's understandable.
OU had no choice, the super conference thing was happening regardless. You obviously don’t know football if you mention Nebraska or Texas and OU in the same sentence. That’s ok, no one is surprised.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have one of the funniest tourist slogans in the country.

View attachment 275695

And the current commercials are very bizarre. Did you know that floating down a river in a feed tank is exhilarating for many Nebraskans?
A side observation…those guys are always so angry and fired up about everything on the Politics forum. I’m convinced that the death of Nebraska football contributes to that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU had no choice, the super conference thing was happening regardless. You obviously don’t know football if you mention Nebraska or Texas and OU in the same sentence. That’s ok, no one is surprised.
I mean, Nebraska and OU were close to same level for a long time (and, yes, Nebraska is considered a blue blood)......and you just mentioned Nebraska, Texas and OU in the same sentence so I guess you don't know football.

Ya gotta love this forum.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Nebraska and OU were close to same level for a long time (and, yes, Nebraska is considered a blue blood)......and you just mentioned Nebraska, Texas and OU in the same sentence so I guess you don't know football.

Ya gotta love this forum.
Neither Nebraska or Texas are in the same world with OU in all time achievements. You must be a youngster, can’t see the big picture yet. I hope you get there someday.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A side observation…those guys are always so angry and fired up about everything on the Politics forum. I’m convinced that the death of Nebraska football contributes to that.

You could be on to something there. What makes Nebraska's current slogan even funnier is they hired an ad firm from Colorado to create it.

Very bad idea. Because most Coloradans I've met here that are football fans hate the Huskers. For some bizarre reason CU fans see the Huskers as a bitter rival.

Nebraska has a dominating 49-20-2 lead. That's not a rivalry. That's getting bitch-slapped by your neighbor.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Nebraska or Texas are in the same world with OU in all time achievements. You must be a youngster, can’t see the big picture yet. I hope you get there someday.
You just put Nebraska, Texas and OU in the same sentence together again after saying if you put Nebraska or Texas and OU in the same sentence together you don't know football. Hilarious.

FYI, we are talking about The Now. Hell, in "all time achievements" the Browns are on the same level as the Steelers. Funny you talk about all time achievements then want to talk about the future big picture.

"Not even in same world"? OU has 7 seasons from my count where they had a #1 finish. Nebraska has 5. Oklahoma has a whopping 8 more all time wins.

You might want to slow down before you reply. You are all over the place and, really, just kicking your own ass.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just put Nebraska, Texas and OU in the same sentence together again after saying if you put Nebraska or Texas and OU in the same sentence together you don't know football. Hilarious.

FYI, we are talking about The Now. Hell, in "all time achievements" the Browns are on the same level as the Steelers. Funny you talk about all time achievements then want to talk about the future big picture.\

You might want to slow down before you reply. You are all over the place and, really, just kicking your own ass.
I’ll leave it to the non millinial non psycho crowd to decide.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll leave it to the non millinial non psycho crowd to decide.
What's to decide? You said "if you put Nebraska or Texas and OU in the same sentence together you don't know football" the put all 3 in same sentence twice in a matter of minutes.

You said Nebraska "not even in same world" as OU in overall achievements when OU has 7 seasons with a #1 finish to 5 for Nebraska and has a whopping 8 more total wins.

That first comment is just priceless. One of the funniest comments I've seen in my time here. Then it seems like you cannot decide if this discussion should be all time, The Now or the future and where CFB is going.

And I'm well past millennium age....probably why I understand Nebraska and Oklahoma - if you are capable of looking past this millenium - are very comparable.

Oh, the irony.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's to decide? You said "if you put Nebraska or Texas and OU in the same sentence together you don't know football" the put all 3 in same sentence twice in a matter of minutes.

You said Nebraska "not even in same world" as OU in overall achievements when OU has 7 seasons with a #1 finish to 5 for Nebraska and has a whopping 8 more total wins.

That first comment is just priceless. One of the funniest comments I've seen in my time here. Then it seems like you cannot decide if this discussion should be all time, The Now or the future and where CFB is going.

And I'm well past millennium age....probably why I understand Nebraska and Oklahoma - if you are capable of looking past this millenium - are very comparable.

Oh, the irony.
Oh there is irony alright

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka Doncic talks about how winning a gold medal for his country would mean more to him than an NBA Title. Our guys kneel for their own National Anthem. You figure it out