• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the big one that has been talked about for years. We are headed to four super conferences

I think they should just do away with conferences if that is the end goal.

Let's say there's four super conferences of I would assume 16 teams per conference. CFB play a 12 game season with 3 of them normally being nonconference games so if that remains the format then you are barely playing half of your conference in a season.

Stupid if you ask me

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should just do away with conferences if that is the end goal.

Let's say there's four super conferences of I would assume 16 teams per conference. CFB play a 12 game season with 3 of them normally being nonconference games so if that remains the format then you are barely playing half of your conference in a season.

Stupid if you ask me
Yeah but conferences band together for tv money. $$$, all it’s about now days no matter what they say.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course OU has had their down years and periods. This is a big picture thing and I guess you aren’t seeing it. When you have had success as long as a blueblood program like OU has you don’t think in terms of short time periods. Stay in the running and the cream rises, always. The thing that has kept OU from recruiting on defense with Alabama is corrected by this. And this fact will allow OU to be even more dominant at recruiting on offense, if that is possible. Don’t get me wrong, no one at OU thinks they will keep winning conference titles 2 out of every 3 years. With a 12 team playoff though that no longer matters. I would be willing to bet that the 12 team playoff thing is a result of negotiations to expand the SEC. Teams like Bama would not have agreed to it otherwise.
Nebraska wants to say hello.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s simple, recruiting instantly gets better and I mean instantly. The combo of being in the best conference and players getting paid is big.
Are you aware these are only opinions of yours and not close to factual? Texas struggled competing against B12 teams and now they will get better playing better competition?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah no doubt, Texas is Texas and OU is OU. No one does less with more than Texas
No disagreement with that last comment......and, sure, it's likely there will be more money. Idea you think this it's a guarantee this makes OU better on the field is speculation at best.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is well known that OUs issue has been defense. For all the good he did Bob Stoops was blind to how bad his brother was. Getting a few better players on defense is all OU needs and it’s not a reach to think they will get them. It’s already started in fact.
OK.....but how can you be sure they will be better when there is a better chance of losing a few games per season in the conference?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that with 12 teams, SEC will get at least 2 every year, some years 3, and maybe even an occasional 4.

Especially if they rob the big 12 of their top programs.
If the B12 is out as a power 5 conference and autobid to it's winner I think 3-4 is possible for a conference. Seems in this scenario there would only be 4-5 autobids - the 4 remaining power conferences and a G5 if they qualify, whatever qualifications are.

But I think in this scenario could say 3-4 from BIG might be just as possible. PAC? Not as sure unless they step it up again, which they might. Obviously, 3-4 from two conferences in same season isn't likely to happen based on the numbers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the B12 is out as a power 5 conference and autobid to it's winner I think 3-4 is possible for a conference. Seems in this scenario there would only be 4-5 autobids - the 4 remaining power conferences and a G5 if they qualify, whatever qualifications are.

But I think in this scenario could say 3-4 from BIG might be just as possible. PAC? Not as sure unless they step it up again, which they might. Obviously, 3-4 from two conferences in same season isn't likely to happen based on the numbers.

With the current landscape, PAC might only get 1 most years.

Big 10 and SEC clean up, ACC gets Clemson maybe plus 1 depending on the year, then you get a couple of the top non-power conference teams in there too.

I like it

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the current landscape, PAC might only get 1 most years.

Big 10 and SEC clean up, ACC gets Clemson maybe plus 1 depending on the year, then you get a couple of the top non-power conference teams in there too.

I like it
always figured 8 was best number and more might be too much but I like the idea this gives teams something to play for all year.....a bye or home field in first round

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK.....but how can you be sure they will be better when there is a better chance of losing a few games per season in the conference?
When I say better I mean more capable of beating those teams on the years we do get there. Of course going to lose a few more, but the 12 team playoff offsets that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska wants to say hello.

They have one of the funniest tourist slogans in the country.

downloadbcvbcv.jpg

And the current commercials are very bizarre. Did you know that floating down a river in a feed tank is exhilarating for many Nebraskans?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I say better I mean more capable of beating those teams on the years we do get there. Of course going to lose a few more, but the 12 team playoff offsets that.
OK...and in the B12 the playoff for OU was a near lock for them.

Isn't to say they shouldn't switch, but the switch is for the money not because they'll be more competitive (or better chance to make playoff) IMO.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for you…

The men’s beach volleyball is mostly topless.

You should check it out!

I was talking about women's volleyball. Watching shirtless guys is your thing, not mine.