• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He asked why, so I meant the answer is easy, it’s money. Less than a zero percent chance anyone leaves the SEC. Even with 16 teams they will make more money, plus now literally nothing keeping them from recruiting with anyone on both sides of the ball. OU had no choice or they would be left behind.

But they are also hurting their chances at a playoff slot.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are also hurting their chances at a playoff slot.
With 12 teams now it doesn’t matter, they will be in more times than not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 12 teams now it doesn’t matter, they will be in more times than not.
Not so sure...at least as long as Saban stays at Bama as that's a near lock as one of the SEC teams. In the B12 they are a near lock to get in with 12 teams.

also could hurt in SEC if they have a limit on how many teams can get in from one conference.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....the Indians are now the Guardians? That's kinda weird, even if it does sound a bit similar.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure...at least as long as Saban stays at Bama as that's a near lock as one of the SEC teams. In the B12 they are a near lock to get in with 12 teams.

also could hurt in SEC if they have a limit on how many teams can get in from one conference.
Anyone that is comparing recent records is off base. OU is one of a handful of blue bloods in college football. They are going to seriously compete for a title this season anyway, but make no mistake about it, this changes the landscape of college football. OU goes into this as the no 2 program in the sec to begin with but will immediately start being able to recruit on both sides of the ball as good as anyone.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....the Indians are now the Guardians? That's kinda weird, even if it does sound a bit similar.
Other than saying they decided to keep calling them the Indians wasn't really anything that would have been too exciting for a change. whatever. Just win...or at least show a will to win.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that is comparing recent records is off base. OU is one of a handful of blue bloods in college football. They are going to seriously compete for a title this season anyway, but make no mistake about it, this changes the landscape of college football. OU goes into this as the no 2 program in the sec to begin with but will immediately start being able to recruit on both sides of the ball as good as anyone.
Would think they have a good shot to be #2 to start off but UGA and perhaps LSU or UF might have something to say about it.....as will Texas.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would think they have a good shot to be #2 to start off but UGA and perhaps LSU or UF might have something to say about it.....as will Texas.
Please, the only thing Texas is currently relevant for is money. This is a great move for OU and for college football.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, the only thing Texas is currently relevant for is money. This is a great move for OU and for college football.
Texas had some rough times as has OU before them. Because of their money and the state it's certainly possible, like OU did, they could turn it around. And, of course, there's also LSU and UF. Even with Texas' rough times OU couldn't always take advantage.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas had some rough times as has OU before them. Because of their money and the state it's certainly possible, like OU did, they could turn it around. And, of course, there's also LSU and UF. Even with Texas' rough times OU couldn't always take advantage.
Stick to what you have a clue on, if there is anything. OU has won over 2/3 of the titles since the Big12 was born. I’d call that pure domination. And yes, Texas will get better now, if they can get out of their own way.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick to what you have a clue on, if there is anything. OU has won over 2/3 of the titles since the Big12 was born. I’d call that pure domination. And yes, Texas will get better now, if they can get out of their own way.

Why would Texas get better

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you trying to imply OU has not had their own down years? Despite what should be a free pass to the CFP they have missed out a few times and have never won it.

My school has been better than OU in the playoff era, if you were not aware, so I guess by your own "logic" I know more than you. Not quite sure how dominating a mostly weak conference will help them in a tougher conference. I mean, they might do well - and I'm no SEC honk - but I'd say Bama, UF and UGA are better than TCU, TTU, Baylor or whoever else you want to call the best teams in the B12 other than Texas and OU.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering the same. Never mind how OU was going to get better in a tougher conference (much tougher). Arkansas and TAM were solid B12 teams and have mostly been also rans in the SEC. Arkie has become a joke.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you trying to imply OU has not had their own down years? Despite what should be a free pass to the CFP they have missed out a few times and have never won it.

My school has been better than OU in the playoff era, if you were not aware, so I guess by your own "logic" I know more than you. Not quite sure how dominating a mostly weak conference will help them in a tougher conference. I mean, they might do well - and I'm no SEC honk - but I'd say Bama, UF and UGA are better than TAM, Baylor and whoever else you want to call the 3rd best team in the B12 other than Texas and OU.
Of course OU has had their down years and periods. This is a big picture thing and I guess you aren’t seeing it. When you have had success as long as a blueblood program like OU has you don’t think in terms of short time periods. Stay in the running and the cream rises, always. The thing that has kept OU from recruiting on defense with Alabama is corrected by this. And this fact will allow OU to be even more dominant at recruiting on offense, if that is possible. Don’t get me wrong, no one at OU thinks they will keep winning conference titles 2 out of every 3 years. With a 12 team playoff though that no longer matters. I would be willing to bet that the 12 team playoff thing is a result of negotiations to expand the SEC. Teams like Bama would not have agreed to it otherwise.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s simple, recruiting instantly gets better and I mean instantly. The combo of being in the best conference and players getting paid is big.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, this move is about money, and lots of it. OU will make more in the SEC, plus being there gives them a chance to recruit better players on defense. No one thinks they will keep going 12-1 every year, but on the years they do they will be better, and they get the money no matter what.