• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem with all this.......the NCAA also knew what the players did and still let them all play in a BCS bowl game because it helped the sponsors, network, bowl, etc. Such hypocrisy.

Yeah that was a bad look for the NCAA. But the NCAA letting them play in a bowl game doesn't make what happened in Columbus under Tressel any better. They know Ohio State brings in money. And we all know how greedy the NCAA is. I think that's the reason the Buckeyes went bowling after the '11 season. But to be honest after finishing the season 6-6 that year I really wanted them to skip the bowl game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA has a bunch of dumbass rules, but rules are rules. What sunk Tressel was signing a document stating he had no idea about the Tat5 violations. But it turns out he did know. He fucked up, plain and simple. He should have never covered for those players in the first place.

If there are any Ohio State fans defending Tressel's mistakes on this topic are suffering from a severe case of homeritis.

The Columbus Dispatch reported Tressel had received e-mails about his players committing NCAA violations. In September of 2010 he signed an NCAA document stating he had no knowledge of any violation.

He got those e-mails from an attorney in April of 2010 about the violation and didn't report them to AD Gene Smith.

As a USC fan, I'm familiar with the NCAA's dumbass rules. lol

But I agree with you, rules are rules and Tressel lying about it and trying to cover it up, made it much worse than it needed to be.

I think we may be about to see ASU get slapped hard for something minor because the coaches handled it stupidly. Apparently, they had some impermissible workouts, lied about them and tried to cover them up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a USC fan, I'm familiar with the NCAA's dumbass rules. lol

But I agree with you, rules are rules and Tressel lying about it and trying to cover it up, made it much worse than it needed to be.

I think we may be about to see ASU get slapped hard for something minor because the coaches handled it stupidly. Apparently, they had some impermissible workouts, lied about them and tried to cover them up.

I forgot about ASU.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA has a bunch of dumbass rules, but rules are rules. What sunk Tressel was signing a document stating he had no idea about the Tat5 violations. But it turns out he did know. He fucked up, plain and simple. He should have never covered for those players in the first place.

If there are any Ohio State fans defending Tressel's mistakes on this topic are suffering from a severe case of homeritis.

The Columbus Dispatch reported Tressel had received e-mails about his players committing NCAA violations. In September of 2010 he signed an NCAA document stating he had no knowledge of any violation.

He got those e-mails from an attorney in April of 2010 about the violation and didn't report them to AD Gene Smith.
This. Had Tressell reported this to the AD (Gene Smith) and subsequently, the NCAA. Ohio State is looking at likely suspending the players for probably a game or two. And owing back the money that they made from the memorabilia that it sold.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Had Tressell reported this to the AD (Gene Smith) and subsequently, the NCAA. Ohio State is looking at likely suspending the players for probably a game or two. And owing back the money that they made from the memorabilia that it sold.

No doubt. And had Tressel done the right thing and reported it I think those players would have been suspended for a few games. Not an entire season or anything.

I still remember getting some backlash from the batshit crazy faction of BuckeyeNation. Every team out there has their fair share of overly homeristic fans (Denver Broncos fans are really bad). Saying dumbfuckery like I should be standing behind Tressel & the team no matter what. Bullshit on that.

I don't like any players or teams that cheat. And when it happens to one of my teams it sucks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. And had Tressel done the right thing and reported it I think those players would have been suspended for a few games. Not an entire season or anything.

I still remember getting some backlash from the batshit crazy faction of BuckeyeNation. Every team out there has their fair share of overly homeristic fans (Denver Broncos fans are really bad). Saying dumbfuckery like I should be standing behind Tressel & the team no matter what. Bullshit on that.

I don't like any players or teams that cheat. And when it happens to one of my teams it sucks.
Ok, but once again could not be more hypocritical if the NCAA would have suspended the players when they knew about the infraction and let them play in a bowl game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but once again could not be more hypocritical if the NCAA would have suspended the players when they knew about the infraction and let them play in a bowl game.

Already said that was a bad decision by the NCAA. But the NCAA's decision doesn't change the fact Tressel fucked up. I'm not saying you're doing this, so don't take this next part outta context. But I can't blame the NCAA for what Tressel did. Had he reported things to AD Smith in April of 2010 like he should have the whole Tat5 cover up would have ended differently.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already said that was a bad decision by the NCAA. But the NCAA's decision doesn't change the fact Tressel fucked up. I'm not saying you're doing this, so don't take this next part outta context. But I can't blame the NCAA for what Tressel did. Had he reported things to AD Smith in April of 2010 like he should have the whole Tat5 cover up would have ended differently.
I agree....and this isn't me sticking up for Tressel as even if this happened it's bad for OSU. I wonder if he did tell Smith and they both decided to keep quiet.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....and this isn't me sticking up for Tressel as even if this happened it's bad for OSU. I wonder if he did tell Smith and they both decided to keep quiet.

Interesting question. If Smith knew he needs to be fired. I wanted him gone after I found out the last couple of years Tressel was in Columbus Smith didn't have his end of the year review he's supposed to have with coaches.

Or at least that's what I remember hearing. If I'm wrong on that my bad, but I don't feel like looking the info up right now.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker: “We not doubling in open gym. I get that s**t all season. Let’s work on our game, bro.”

I guess that kentucky education didn't do much for Booker.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker: “We not doubling in open gym. I get that s**t all season. Let’s work on our game, bro.”

I guess that kentucky education didn't do much for Booker.

That whole freshman season of likely barely attending classes, following a high school career of likely not needing to attend classes?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole freshman season of likely barely attending classes, following a high school career of likely not needing to attend classes?
Yeah, I guess that's probably what happened. When I was working in Iraq I met an army Colonel who was a history professor at Kentucky. He'd gotten called up to active duty. He said he had Rajon Rondo in his class at Kentucky, who was a one and done player. He said that Rondo regularly scored the highest on the tests he gave. I was surprised to hear that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I guess that's probably what happened. When I was working in Iraq I met an army Colonel who was a history professor at Kentucky. He'd gotten called up to active duty. He said he had Rajon Rondo in his class at Kentucky, who was a one and done player. He said that Rondo regularly scored the highest on the tests he gave. I was surprised to hear that.

"he said that Rondo regularly scored the highest on tests he gave. I was surprised by that"

So in your fucked up world black people aren't smart. You're such a racist asshole.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"he said that Rondo regularly scored the highest on tests he gave. I was surprised by that"

So in your fucked up world black people aren't smart. You're such a racist asshole.
The educational stats bear your assertion out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pathetic how proud you are of your racism.
You are correct that they regularly score at the lowest level of the class in college and have the lowest graduation rate. But why bring it up?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct that they regularly score at the lowest level of the class in college and have the lowest graduation rate. But why bring it up?

I never said black people score low on tests. You're saying that nonsense. Don't try to make something up I never said you POS.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monty the racist showing his ass again.

Nothing new here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really hate when people use this term flippantly on here, but you really are a piece of shit.

You have earned that distinction.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You shouldn’t be.

Rondo’s intellectual brilliance is well documented. He knows opposing teams sets better than they do.