• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never really understood that being a violation. If they were getting free tattoos because they were tOSU players, then yes, that's a violation. But trading your own property?

Even the fact that they were trading gifts that they got from being tOSU players shouldn't matter because, as a gift, it was now their personal property.
Worst part to me, as mentioned, is NCAA did exactly what Tress did. They knew about the infraction but because it would help the network/bottom line they still let them play in the BCS bowl game

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard he did this a couple of days ago. Yes, he definitely fucked up. We'll see how his punishment goes...

Unless he has priors, I'd bet he'll get a fine/probation, probably after pleading Guilty or No Contest to some lesser charge.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he has priors, I'd bet he'll get a fine/probation, probably after pleading Guilty or No Contest to some lesser charge.

NFL sure to suspend though too.

Chiefs cut Kareem Hunt when he got in trouble, wouldn’t be surprised to see them make a similar move with Clark.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL sure to suspend though too.

Chiefs cut Kareem Hunt when he got in trouble, wouldn’t be surprised to see them make a similar move with Clark.
think I would. Guessing they value the DE more than the RB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Hunt thing included a female. This doesn't.

I would keep him and deal with whatever suspension the NFL hand down

Have to question the logic when fists are considered more punishable than an uzi...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to question the logic when fists are considered more punishable than an uzi...

I agree in general.

However, in this case the fists where actually used, where the uzi was just kind of sitting there.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its really ridiculous in retrospect that Tressell got railroaded because his players traded their own property for tattoos. just ridiculous.

Definitely agree with your point. You have to give Gene Smith (the OSU AD) credit for the coaching succession. He has done it both ways- convinced a high profile coach to come in- and found a great young coach to develop for the long term. Can't ask for much more.

Stealing players from the Pacific Northwest, Texas, and Florida is also pretty great.
Why does Gene Smith get credit? Tressell was a great coach, and Urban saw the writing on the wall with UF. Urban was from Ohio and Tressell had OSU at a high. Gene Smith with the Tressell situation should've taken a bowl ban the year gap between Meyer and Tressell; it essentially cost you a natty.

And in terms of Ryan Day, Day's solid. But he hasn't won a natty yet. Saban shows zero signs of slowing down. And that program, when he does retire, will have a mile long line of coaches waiting to take that job. That fan base throws the most money at their program more than anyone, sans Texas.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree in general.

However, in this case the fists where actually used, where the uzi was just kind of sitting there.
During that time, the NFL I believe was reeling from the Ray Rice incident and how they handled it. Then there was also Greg Hardy.....who got his ass knocked out on Saturday (just wanted to make mention of it).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never really understood that being a violation. If they were getting free tattoos because they were tOSU players, then yes, that's a violation. But trading your own property?

Even the fact that they were trading gifts that they got from being tOSU players shouldn't matter because, as a gift, it was now their personal property.

The NCAA has a bunch of dumbass rules, but rules are rules. What sunk Tressel was signing a document stating he had no idea about the Tat5 violations. But it turns out he did know. He fucked up, plain and simple. He should have never covered for those players in the first place.

If there are any Ohio State fans defending Tressel's mistakes on this topic are suffering from a severe case of homeritis.

The Columbus Dispatch reported Tressel had received e-mails about his players committing NCAA violations. In September of 2010 he signed an NCAA document stating he had no knowledge of any violation.

He got those e-mails from an attorney in April of 2010 about the violation and didn't report them to AD Gene Smith.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA has a bunch of dumbass rules, but rules are rules. What sunk Tressel was signing a document stating he had no idea about the Tat5 violations. But it turns out he did know. He fucked up, plain and simple. He should have never covered for those players in the first place.

If there are any Ohio State fans defending Tressel's mistakes on this topic are suffering from a severe case of homeritis.

The Columbus Dispatch reported Tressel had received e-mails about his players committing NCAA violations. In September of 2010 he signed an NCAA document stating he had no knowledge of any violation.

He got those e-mails from an attorney in April of 2010 about the violation and didn't report them to AD Gene Smith.
Here's the problem with all this.......the NCAA also knew what the players did and still let them all play in a BCS bowl game because it helped the sponsors, network, bowl, etc. Such hypocrisy.