• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was an odd one. The crowd at the draft got real quiet.

I guess if they felt o-line was a big need. But then, why not try to trade up to get Penei Sewell or Alijah Vera-Tucker? Or trade their first round pick for more picks and take the same guy (or similar) in the 2nd round?

Leatherwood pretty much has to become an All-Pro to justify the pick and it still doesn't really justify it because they'll be paying first round money to a 2nd round player.

There were a couple of other head scratchers, but that was the biggest.

He did win the Outland trophy this past season. Reminds me a little of a guy that was projected in the second round but won all of the awards for his position and the Rams took him in the middle of the 1st........Aaron Donald.

Tough to evaluate any of the picks until they play for a while. If Leatherwood starts from day one and is solid, he's worth the pick IMO. That is the Raiders expectation, to start him at RT. I would not be surprised to see other players drafted before him end up much worse.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did win the Outland trophy this past season. Reminds me a little of a guy that was projected in the second round but won all of the awards for his position and the Rams took him in the middle of the 1st........Aaron Donald.

Tough to evaluate any of the picks until they play for a while. If Leatherwood starts from day one and is solid, he's worth the pick IMO. That is the Raiders expectation, to start him at RT. I would not be surprised to see other players drafted before him end up much worse.

Yes and no. If he turns out to be an All-Pro, it justifies the pick, but only to a point. They're still going to be paying first round money to a guy they could be paying 2nd round money to. That can effect their ability to pay other guys.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No-hitters are a minimum of 27 outs (24 if you manage to lose throwing a no-hitter I guess?). Always have been. A game can be called after 5 innings and be official. 5 innings of no-hit ball does not qualify and neither should 7 innings.

What's next, being awarded bonus total bases for starting at 2nd in extra innings? Yet another reason to do away with these gimmick rules.

But the 5 inning "official game" was scheduled for 9, but because of weather or whatever, the remaining innings can't be played. The doubleheader games are scheduled for 7 innings.

I don't really mind the gimmicky stuff if there's an understandable reason for it. For example, I understand the reasoning behind the NBA's play-in tournament. So I like it.

But some of the gimmick rules that MLB came up with are basically saying..."Let's hurry up and get this over with so everyone can go home.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. If he turns out to be an All-Pro, it justifies the pick, but only to a point. They're still going to be paying first round money to a guy they could be paying 2nd round money to. That can effect their ability to pay other guys.

If they had drafted Moehrig with their 1st rounder, nobody would've batted an eye. It all averages out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the 5 inning "official game" was scheduled for 9, but because of weather or whatever, the remaining innings can't be played. The doubleheader games are scheduled for 7 innings.

I don't really mind the gimmicky stuff if there's an understandable reason for it. For example, I understand the reasoning behind the NBA's play-in tournament. So I like it.

But some of the gimmick rules that MLB came up with are basically saying..."Let's hurry up and get this over with so everyone can go home.

The double header games are only scheduled for 7 innings due to the pandemic. That's still force of nature changing the length of the game essentially.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Wilson, OV , if I’m out of line , so be it!

check their blood ,

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but they followed that up by drafting a guy in the second that everyone projected to go in the 1st. It averages out somehow.
what is so funny about that is Mayock the GM knows draft projections don't matter as all they are are guesses by fake GMs on what real GMs might do.....but analyst Mayock would have ripped GM Mayock for "reaching".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they also get the 5th year option.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you guys I would post about the QBs this year after the draft.

Nothing earth shattering from this crop, especially because no info to report on Lawrence since he sat out a lot of the pre draft stuff the others did.

Lance and Fields are easily the top 2 and both have elite upside. Jones and Wilson aren’t likely to be stars, but both should end up being decent starters.

If Lawrence pans out also, this class has the potential to be an all time great QB class.

Yeah, I know, nothing juicy this year.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you guys I would post about the QBs this year after the draft.

Nothing earth shattering from this crop, especially because no info to report on Lawrence since he sat out a lot of the pre draft stuff the others did.

Lance and Fields are easily the top 2 and both have elite upside. Jones and Wilson aren’t likely to be stars, but both should end up being decent starters.

If Lawrence pans out also, this class has the potential to be an all time great QB class.

Yeah, I know, nothing juicy this year.

I'd be interested to know what he sees in Fields. I don't disagree he has that upside just would be interested as to why he feels comfortable with him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be interested to know what he sees in Fields. I don't disagree he has that upside just would be interested as to why he feels comfortable with him.

I wish I could explain more. It would make total sense if I could.

It is possible that within the next few years every team will have access to his data and it will be public.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Plain Dealer.....the Browns would have no interest in trading for Rodgers.

LOL.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the Lakers last night. Bad loss for the Celtics last night.

Lakers are probably 50/50 to avoid the play in game at this point. The Celtics must win tomorrow against the Heat. If they do that they have a decent chance of avoiding the play-in game.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the Lakers last night. Bad loss for the Celtics last night.

Lakers are probably 50/50 to avoid the play in game at this point. The Celtics must win tomorrow against the Heat. If they do that they have a decent chance of avoiding the play-in game.
This is the NBA off topic thread.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if you are OK being shot after he tells you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Plain Dealer.....the Browns would have no interest in trading for Rodgers.

LOL.
Because they'd rather have 10-15 years of Baker than possibly only 2-3 of Rodgers on downside of career? Never mind no lock we win a title with AR (90%+ of his seasons he has not won a title)

are you LOLing because you cannot understand this?