• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you guys I would post about the QBs this year after the draft.

Nothing earth shattering from this crop, especially because no info to report on Lawrence since he sat out a lot of the pre draft stuff the others did.

Lance and Fields are easily the top 2 and both have elite upside. Jones and Wilson aren’t likely to be stars, but both should end up being decent starters.

If Lawrence pans out also, this class has the potential to be an all time great QB class.

Yeah, I know, nothing juicy this year.
Have to ask....Seeing what they did in shorts throwing to players covered by air can be evaluated but not actual film of TL playing?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they'd rather have 10-15 years of Baker than possibly only 2-3 of Rodgers on downside of career? Never mind no lock we win a title with AR (90%+ of his seasons he has not won a title)

are you LOLing because you cannot understand this?

I think was Cowherd yesterday that said that Rogers doesn't really fit with Cleveland's culture. Baker does.

For as great as he is, Rogers is a bit of a frontrunner. If things start going bad, he tends to disappear.

He was saying that Cleveland culture is basically "We're the underdog that will fight every step of the way. Baker fits that. He's not the biggest, he's not the most talented, but back him in a corner and he's going to try to fight his way out every time".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think was Cowherd yesterday that said that Rogers doesn't really fit with Cleveland's culture. Baker does.

For as great as he is, Rogers is a bit of a frontrunner. If things start going bad, he tends to disappear.

He was saying that Cleveland culture is basically "We're the underdog that will fight every step of the way. Baker fits that. He's not the biggest, he's not the most talented, but back him in a corner and he's going to try to fight his way out every time".
He's definitely a different dude...Pretty sure he's estranged from all close family.

Cowherd might be right, but if the guy were 30 I could certainly see the Browns being interested. Or if the deal was just for a year. But at this stage of their careers?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely a different dude...Pretty sure he's estranged from all close family.

Cowherd might be right, but if the guy were 30 I could certainly see the Browns being interested. Or if the deal was just for a year. But at this stage of their careers?

I think people are looking at Brady and Rogers winning MVP last year as the comparisons. But even if he could play another 5 years, you'll have Baker (who fits beter and fans already seem to love) for 10-15 years (as you pointed out).

And yeah, if Rogers were 30...you probably go ahead and make that deal. But not now.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they'd rather have 10-15 years of Baker than possibly only 2-3 of Rodgers on downside of career? Never mind no lock we win a title with AR (90%+ of his seasons he has not won a title)

are you LOLing because you cannot understand this?
Rodgers shows no signs of slowing down. TB shows QB's nowadays (with the QB friendly rules) can play into their 40's.

Mayfield can regress, he had a good season, but based on his history it's no lock he's turned the corner.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are looking at Brady and Rogers winning MVP last year as the comparisons. But even if he could play another 5 years, you'll have Baker (who fits beter and fans already seem to love) for 10-15 years (as you pointed out).

And yeah, if Rogers were 30...you probably go ahead and make that deal. But not now.

However, you also have Baker who is just about to get his first big extension and hasn't really proven to be championship caliber yet vs Rodgers coming off an MVP season with at least a few more left at his prime. Do you take the a few years of the sure thing over a player that could just be Andy Dalton level if he doesn't continue to improve? That roster is pretty well primed; an MVP QB season could put them right there with the Chiefs.

Tough call, and it really depends on the level of confidence in Mayfield (and if ARod is even interested in Cleveland). As a Bills fan I really like Josh, but could they pass up the opportunity to get Rodgers?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Colt Brennan.....found dead at just 37.

A name I hadn't thought of in a while. As a college spread offense QB, I thought he had a chance at the NFL, but not to be. RIP.

colt-brennan1jpg.jpg

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd shoot Baker in a dark alley if it meant getting Rodgers at 30. 37? No sir.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot Brennan was on the LA KISS too. In fact, I forgot that the LA KISS were a thing, lol...

BhQy_kWCEAAvLKJ.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be completely disgusted if the Browns were stupid enough to trade Mayfield for Rodgers. Ya don't get rid of a young QB with potential for an all time great approaching the end of his career.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers retired
Ben a year away
Eli retired
Peyton retired at 39

39 is the real breaking point for everyone not named TB

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers sat for his first 3 years so he's really like 34 instead of 37.....LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Carr and some picks in a nano second for Rodgers and Carr had a better season than Mayfield but a worse defense (reason they finished 8-8 and Browns didn't).

Carr, 67.3%, 256.4ypg, 7.9ypa, 27 TD's, 9 INT's, 101.4 PR

Mayfeidl, 62.8%, 222.7ypg, 7.3ypa, 26 TD's, 8 INT's, 95.9 PR