• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been through this before. If the Baltimore Ravens are really the Cleveland Browns, which they aren't, then why didn't the teams records go with them to Baltimore?

Example. When the Colts moved to Indy all the teams records went with them. When Manning became the teams all time leading passer he broke all of Johnny U's records.

Paul Brown is still the Browns winningest coach. Every other team that relocated the teams history went with them but that didn't happen with the Browns. They got to keep all of their original history. And that's why John Harbaugh is the Ravens winningest HC and not Paul Brown.
It’s two different conversations. Legally the naming and licensing rights for the title “Cleveland Browns” stayed with the city. However, the franchise that was right there with Denver in the 1980s and won a shit ton of titles in the 50s picked up and moved to Baltimore where they also took on a different name. No matter what you want to name it or call it the reality is that the old Browns franchise that actually had a track record for success left. The current iteration of the franchise was an expansion franchise that has been an unmitigated abortion since it’s inception save a year or two.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 had a few posts the other day to help me understand the intent. Because the initial contract has 100% of it guaranteed, it makes Watson a prime candidate for contract renegotiations to help the Browns manipulate the cap and field a solid roster around his talents.
Yeah making that deal fully guaranteed allowed for future restructures. It’s like a glitch in the system but still their cap in future years will still be an issue.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"one of the worst franchises in the league forever" :L

My team is the face of dysfunction since their return in '99. But to say that is coming off like a crying lil bitch. An unnecessary thing to say. To say they have been one of the worst franchises in the league forever is simply ignorant.

Well, maybe if you only count from their return to the league I guess...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, maybe if you only count from their return to the league I guess...

Oh hell since their return in '99 they're the blue print of what not to do.

Saw the other day the Haslam's might buy a share of the Bucks. If that happens Giannis should demand a trade.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ on the road back to Texas and I didn’t eat at Phillippes.

You Cant See Me John Cena GIF by WWE

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owners have it in their power to totally ignore the stupidity of the Browns. We will see if it happens.
The better statement would be all 32 owners in unison. One already broke ranks with the Vikings to do the Cousins deal. Now you have the Browns. You need to get all 32 to assert it. But also, you can never put this in writing and it would be an edict with no teeth if any one violates because technically it’s collusion in the market. The NFL enjoys some anti trust exemptions but they have been at risk through the years. Something like this going public would really fuck them in the end. I see what you’re saying about they can control with self imposed and disciplined restraint. However, this amounts to being penny wise and pound foolish because if they get caught doing this it would be a major financial loss.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone down every year since mvp year
Yep. It seems like the league adjusted to him and he hasn’t added to or refined aspects of his game as the adjustment to the adjustments. Time is running out on him being able to take that to the next level.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better statement would be all 32 owners in unison. One already broke ranks with the Vikings to do the Cousins deal. Now you have the Browns. You need to get all 32 to assert it. But also, you can never put this in writing and it would be an edict with no teeth if any one violates because technically it’s collusion in the market. The NFL enjoys some anti trust exemptions but they have been at risk through the years. Something like this going public would really fuck them in the end. I see what you’re saying about they can control with self imposed and disciplined restraint. However, this amounts to being penny wise and pound foolish because if they get caught doing this it would be a major financial loss.
Na it’s much simpler than that, just don’t be stupid

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Na it’s much simpler than that, just don’t be stupid
All it takes is one. One resets the market and it becomes the standard. Think about a team that has the cap but isn’t a destination for a FA. They have to overpay and that’s one way to overpay.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it takes is one. One resets the market and it becomes the standard. Think about a team that has the cap but isn’t a destination for a FA. They have to overpay and that’s one way to overpay.
What I’m saying is one doesn’t have to reset the market, you know that though. Doubtful they are smart enough but the point is they absolutely could be and no one can do anything about it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I’m saying is one doesn’t have to reset the market, you know that though. Doubtful they are smart enough but the point is they absolutely could be and no one can do anything about it.
Agree to disagree. Looking at the history of sports contracts that’s what happens though. One contract sets a new high, a new precedent, and agents work from there. I predict this will especially be true of the QB market. QBs as successful as Lamar don’t often reach the open market. I bet if he hits the open market someone will meet his demand.