• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand for baseball, but now college football all worried about reducing game times. You ever watched any college football game and thought this is just too long? They think they are going to get fans they are never going to really get.

I think halftime is too long but that's it

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if cfb is worried about length of game then they just have to go the nfl route and dont stop the clock anytime there is a first down

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 149,461.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if cfb is worried about length of game then they just have to go the nfl route and dont stop the clock anytime there is a first down
There is even talk about winding the clock on incomplete passes, which is insane. All in the name of needing to reduce the number of plays for safety, it’s not like there aren’t backups, put a play restriction per player in if that is what you want.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand for baseball, but now college football all worried about reducing game times. You ever watched any college football game and thought this is just too long? They think they are going to get fans they are never going to really get.
It’s the business mindset of today and they no longer down play or explain away the reality that this is all about the dollars now. In that mindset making what you made last year is a negative. If you aren’t growing at a steady 3-4% you aren’t good enough. If you aren’t growing at 8-10% it’s not considered a success. Look across the landscape of sports. It’s no longer about the die hards who will make Saturday from noon until midnight about college football or will watch 145 of 162 baseball games from start to finish for my team. It’s about drawing women and casuals. The line the business dances is what they can get away with trying without alienating the die hards like us. Have to say…I always back down. I love sports. They’ve got me by the balls.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 149,461.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the business mindset of today and they no longer down play or explain away the reality that this is all about the dollars now. In that mindset making what you made last year is a negative. If you aren’t growing at a steady 3-4% you aren’t good enough. If you aren’t growing at 8-10% it’s not considered a success. Look across the landscape of sports. It’s no longer about the die hards who will make Saturday from noon until midnight about college football or will watch 145 of 162 baseball games from start to finish for my team. It’s about drawing women and casuals. The line the business dances is what they can get away with trying without alienating the die hards like us. Have to say…I always back down. I love sports. They’ve got me by the balls.
Baseball been trying this strategy for 20 years without success, other than actually succeeding in alienating some die hards like me. I hardly watch anymore and it was my favorite sport.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is even talk about winding the clock on incomplete passes, which is insane. All in the name of needing to reduce the number of plays for safety, it’s not like there aren’t backups, put a play restriction per player in if that is what you want.
They say safety but it’s really about attracting new viewers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball been trying this strategy for 20 years without success, other than actually succeeding in alienating some die hards like me. I hardly watch anymore and it was my favorite sport.
I can’t disagree. I still really love baseball. This is a nice baseball community in Philly. Ownership is committed. The ballpark is still a really fun night out. For me on baseball what pisses me off is the role analytics has played in the way the game is played. With what analytics prioritizes, the game has become wall, strike out, home run. Come playoff time, teams are poorly practiced on elements of small ball because of it and it drives me nuts. I don’t like that you can’t play lefty righty matchups because of rule where you need 3 batters faced before a change.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 149,461.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t disagree. I still really love baseball. This is a nice baseball community in Philly. Ownership is committed. The ballpark is still a really fun night out. For me on baseball what pisses me off is the role analytics has played in the way the game is played. With what analytics prioritizes, the game has become wall, strike out, home run. Come playoff time, teams are poorly practiced on elements of small ball because of it and it drives me nuts. I don’t like that you can’t play lefty righty matchups because of rule where you need 3 batters faced before a change.
They started losing me when winning a pennant no longer meant what it used to, but yes what really got me was when you leave a guy a whole side of the field to hit to and he won’t even try. That’s not baseball any longer.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They started losing me when winning a pennant no longer meant what it used to, but yes what really got me was when you leave a guy a whole side of the field to hit to and he won’t even try. That’s not baseball any longer.
Any chance they get you back now that they’ve outlawed the shift?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction, Ravens trade Jackson and still finish ahead of the Browns every year of Watsons contract.

Wow finishing better than the Browns. That's about setting the bar as low as possible.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 149,461.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow finishing better than the Browns. That's about setting the bar as low as possible.
Well obviously there was a reason I made the prediction, whether you see it or not.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Browns are that bad. Your QB is a scumbag imo, but that won't matter on the field. Defense is pretty good and the receivers aren't bad. Good RB's obviously. Fix the o-line, maybe shore things up in your secondary and it might be a good year for them...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 149,461.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This LIV golf is unwatchable