• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More info on how Jackson’s camp is being disingenuous with what they are leaking and what they aren’t.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree. Looking at the history of sports contracts that’s what happens though. One contract sets a new high, a new precedent, and agents work from there. I predict this will especially be true of the QB market. QBs as successful as Lamar don’t often reach the open market. I bet if he hits the open market someone will meet his demand.
There are serious questions about how successful he is, and wants to be. Part of why we are where we are.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are serious questions about how successful he is, and wants to be. Part of why we are where we are.
That’s the tough part. You can point to playoffs and he looks like a failure. You point to his regular season production a gaudy win percentage there an unanimous MVP and he looks really successful on paper.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that if they feel the need to hedge then he’s probably not their guy and they need to move on before any level of commitment to him.
As a Ravens fan I’ve been ready to move on for a couple years, purely because of on the field stuff. Now I’m really ready to move on.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question that idiot Haslam fucked things up by giving that scumbag DW that contract.

But I think it's funny how many times my team is mentioned in the article.

Not disagreeing with anything.

But it seems the Ravens wanna use the Browns as the excuse/reason they might not be able to get a deal done with Lamar.

Blaming my dysfunctional team isn't going to solve the contract issues.

Either get a deal done or move on.

I don't know as it's necessarily about blaming the Browns if they don't get a deal done as it is pointing out how much more difficult his contract has made negotiations for other teams. Especially for teams with elite level QB's.

If the Ravens don't re-sign him. that's still mainly on them because it's ultimately up to them to pay up or not.

However, some of that is on the Browns because without their deal with Wastson, it's unlikely that Jackson is demanding a fully guaranteed deal.

The Browns aren't as much to blame as many will try to say they are because ultimately, they did what they thought was best for their franchise which is what they're supposed to do.

But they did set the market with a pretty unprecedented deal, so they do have to own that.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owners have it in their power to totally ignore the stupidity of the Browns. We will see if it happens.

That's where it gets tricky.

If I understand things right, the owners can't get together and all agree on no more fully guaranteed deals because it would be collusion.

So the only way to reset the market would be for the Ravens to stand strong, hope none of the other owners step in and offer one and them have the same thing happen the next couple of times other top QB's become FAs.

Last edited:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being reported that Wilson tried to get Carrol and the GM fired in Seattle.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAS said Action Jackson's camp reached out to him and they never asked for a fully guaranteed deal. He was offered 133 mill fully guaranteed. That's a lot less than what Murray got.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAS said Action Jackson's camp reached out to him and they never asked for a fully guaranteed deal. He was offered 133 mill fully guaranteed. That's a lot less than what Murray got.
I posted on this yesterday, jackson is selectively leaking some but not all. The fully guaranteed part would have gone up about 50 million as of right now. The Ravens have respected him in the process and haven’t leaked anything. Good riddance.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction, Ravens trade Jackson and still finish ahead of the Browns every year of Watsons contract.
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know as it's necessarily about blaming the Browns if they don't get a deal done as it is pointing out how much more difficult his contract has made negotiations for other teams. Especially for teams with elite level QB's.

If the Ravens don't re-sign him. that's still mainly on them because it's ultimately up to them to pay up or not.

However, some of that is on the Browns because without their deal with Wastson, it's unlikely that Jackson is demanding a fully guaranteed deal.

The Browns aren't as much to blame as many will try to say they are because ultimately, they did what they thought was best for their franchise which is what they're supposed to do.

But they did set the market with a pretty unprecedented deal, so they do have to own that.

Good way of putting things.