• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am confused on the whole story, not that I have been paying much attention to it honestly. I just wonder how far police went with Miller until they said he wasn't a suspect. I mean all that sounds like he was there idk

He could have been in the area. Sounds pretty close to the school.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Results would've been essentially the same with a lot more draft capital in your pocket to move forward (and a lot less pot-stirring).
Cool....but the deal was made to have a franchise QB for half a decade (or longer) not for just 6 games (after he had been out nearly 2 seasons)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc
What a dilemma! Watching that Poulter episode has me torn on that moral decision. Let me say first this is equivocation and mitigation. At the same time, it’s not wrong. In human history, you can find countless circumstances of people making money on the backs of denigrating other people. Everybody who takes money from a company like Nike that employs horrible conditions for workers. If I’m Poulter and I’m at that presser, I do my homework and I just lay out a shit ton of history I refreshed myself on. Rockefeller’s Vanderbilt’s Wall Street. In this world, in some way shape or form we all take or are associated with some layer of dirty money.

But what is different is that principle that they’ve been told. They know going into it exactly where the money is coming from. I’m torn.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc
What a dilemma! Watching that Poulter episode has me torn on that moral decision. Let me say first this is equivocation and mitigation. At the same time, it’s not wrong. In human history, you can find countless circumstances of people making money on the backs of denigrating other people. Everybody who takes money from a company like Nike that employs horrible conditions for workers. If I’m Poulter and I’m at that presser, I do my homework and I just lay out a shit ton of history I refreshed myself on. Rockefeller’s Vanderbilt’s Wall Street. In this world, in some way shape or form we all take or are associated with some layer of dirty money.

But what is different is that principle that they’ve been told. They know going into it exactly where the money is coming from. I’m torn.
Yeah I’m not judging those guys. Politer got way more money that’s he could ever hope to win at this point in his career. Giving up being captain on a Ryder cup is his penalty, and that’s substantial. I think Koepka is regretting his decision, and he may be the first to try to come back. 100 mil is a lot to pay back though.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Results would've been essentially the same with a lot more draft capital in your pocket to move forward (and a lot less pot-stirring).

As Deshaun Watson? Lol. For last year perhaps. Purdy may be decent but no one saw that coming. You spend like 5 seconds doing what if on that dude.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc

I just see basing an entire league on Saudi funds as a totally different animal than Nike. But I can see both arguments.

But when 85 percent of the 9 11 attackers are from Saudi Arabia...that's a tough pill.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see basing an entire league on Saudi funds as a totally different animal than Nike. But I can see both arguments.

But when 85 percent of the 9 11 attackers are from Saudi Arabia...that's a tough pill.
That’s more than fair. If I’m being honest though, I don’t know what I do if I’m Poulter. My career earnings is around $30 million. I’m 46. I’m not likely to win much going forward because I’m out of my prime. They come and offer you $20 million dollars. That’s 2/3 of your career earnings at a time when the only other revenue stream is a pure meritocracy and you know you can’t compete with the best of the best anymore. I don’t know if I can give up that chance.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s more than fair. If I’m being honest though, I don’t know what I do if I’m Poulter. My career earnings is around $30 million. I’m 46. I’m not likely to win much going forward because I’m out of my prime. They come and offer you $20 million dollars. That’s 2/3 of your career earnings at a time when the only other revenue stream is a pure meritocracy and you know you can’t compete with the best of the best anymore. I don’t know if I can give up that chance.

The ROI for the Saudis so far has to be horrendous.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize they landed on CW lol

I'm hearing they aren't even getting paid for it lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr averaged 191ypg? Nope, try again.

Reading comprehension is required, lol. 191 is the yards lost via those sacks. That info was included to show that although Jones had a lot more sacks, his sacks are on average a much shorter depth, largely due to his running ability.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt.

Saying you'd take Jones over Carr is pretty wild.

The straw man argument is funny to a point. I merely stated that FOR THE GIANTS, it makes sense to pay the going rate to keep Jones. I doubt highly that Carr is looking to go to the Giants and he controls his destination with plenty of other suitors. After Carr and Geno (who I also don't believe is truly available, as the Seahawks will ante up to keep him at least short term) and maybe the oft-injured Jimmy G, Jones is the next best FA QB available before a sharp drop off to backup candidates (unless you're counting on a Baker resurgence lol). The Giants had success with Jones this year and should look for continuity. His stats are very comparable to Carr's last season (and Carr had an elite WR to work with).

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,229.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckiest fucking team in the league last year and this dude thinks he's worth 45 mil

Fuck around and find out Danny
You think the g men got lucky? Puh lease they will be right back at the top of the nfc this year

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Deshaun Watson? Lol. For last year perhaps. Purdy may be decent but no one saw that coming. You spend like 5 seconds doing what if on that dude.

What are you basing growth in 2023 and beyond on for Watson? Sure, the hope is that he improves. Right now, it's looking like an overpay, much like DangeRuss.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ROI for the Saudis so far has to be horrendous.

They're laundering money and drawing business to the region. I doubt ROI is a big concern. If so, they wouldn't be throwing millions at a Senior Tour guy like Mickelson (who likely took the deal due to his gambling losses).

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're laundering money and drawing business to the region. I doubt ROI is a big concern. If so, they wouldn't be throwing millions at a Senior Tour guy like Mickelson (who likely took the deal due to his gambling losses).

We are talking potential losses of nearly half a billion dollars lol.

That's a lot of laundering

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you basing growth in 2023 and beyond on for Watson? Sure, the hope is that he improves. Right now, it's looking like an overpay, much like DangeRuss.

His past performance? He hadn't played a down in almost 2 years

Vick sat an entire year before pulling his shit together.

This year is the tell. But yea...no way would I think Zappe or Howell will be any more than what Jacoby was...and that's at their very best.