• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those two are shaky as well. The Cards were in a tough spot with Kyler last winter, but it things are looking bad. Russ, much like Watson, has an opportunity for a bounce back season.

I've never been a Kyler guy. He proved me wrong for a few years but a guy that size isn't going to be durable. He just isn't. Add in his video game addiction and I'd have passed.

These qb deals are definitely franchise changing. Good or bad

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even so much growth as it is getting back to being the guy he was before he was out for nearly 2 seasons. I guess basing it on the hope the 50+ games he had played were more indicative than the last 6?
Yeah I would think basing his talent on 50 games is better than basing it on 6...just common sense but he was in a different system with different players and coaches. Anyone who expected that to happen this past season was kidding themselves. I don't know to expect going forward but you would think he improves considering he was out for so long and he needs to adjust. We hope to see Watson at his peak at some point this season

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't Carr's numbers from last season be his best, given the addition of Adams and Jacob's strong year? Your apologist tendencies for Carr are a bit much, lol.
IDK it could have been a case like Baker. He was so focused on Adams he had tunnel vision like Baker did with OBJ...you never know but it's never fair to use a one year sample size instead of 3 or 4 years we have. He was at his best when Waller was healthy and he had lesser WR's around him. Maybe having a great TE is his key to success. Either way, saying Jones is better bc of one year isn't fair. Jones has more TO's than TD's. I don't trust that kid at all especially giving him $40M+/yr

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is a much different situation than Houston though, with actual expectations. We can point to a better defense and OL, but shouldn't that have impacted his performance this year?
It was 6 games, 2-3 in incredibly bad weather and he hadn't played in 2 seasons. The D this season was kind of bad.

while the Browns might have a lot more fans I'm guessing expectations were high in Houston every year since he was picked, other than the season he sat out and this past one without him.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone informed you that Meyer no longer is Ohio State's coach? :heh:
I always get a good laugh outta your avatar.

His cover-up for Z. Smith was disgusting.
Meyer is a horrible human being

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone informed you that Meyer no longer is Ohio State's coach? :heh:

Meyer is a horrible human being

Can't disagree. But there are much worse out there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 6 games, 2-3 in incredibly bad weather and he hadn't played in 2 seasons. The D this season was kind of bad.

while the Browns might have a lot more fans I'm guessing expectations were high in Houston every year since he was picked, other than the season he sat out and this past one without him.
I have a good friend that is a Houston fan and maybe he was a bit unrealistic but he had expectations of a SB or at least being a contender. I guess people really forget how great Watson was in Houston. If not for a GOAT performance and really a performance that took Mahomes to the next level then Houston could have realstically made a SB, even won one. Who knows. Their expectations were just as high as CLE’s imo

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a good friend that is a Houston fan and maybe he was a bit unrealistic but he had expectations of a SB or at least being a contender. I guess people really forget how great Watson was in Houston. If not for a GOAT performance and really a performance that took Mahomes to the next level then Houston could have realstically made a SB, even won one. Who knows. Their expectations were just as high as CLE’s imo
He’s 1-2 in playoff starts. Not sure that rises to “could have realistically made a Super Bowl”.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK it could have been a case like Baker. He was so focused on Adams he had tunnel vision like Baker did with OBJ...you never know but it's never fair to use a one year sample size instead of 3 or 4 years we have. He was at his best when Waller was healthy and he had lesser WR's around him. Maybe having a great TE is his key to success. Either way, saying Jones is better bc of one year isn't fair. Jones has more TO's than TD's. I don't trust that kid at all especially giving him $40M+/yr

Again, I never said Jones was better than Carr. I said he's in the discussion and likely the best bet for the Giants. They aren't getting Carr, they aren't getting Rodgers, and they aren't getting Geno. If it's brittle Jimmy G or Jones, the Giants should go Jones. He brings the running aspect to the position that is needed these days and he showed significant progress under Daboll. It's just a matter of how much he gets, and the Giants don't have a lot of leverage really.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s 1-2 in playoff starts. Not sure that rises to “could have realistically made a Super Bowl”.
Not that crazy in 2019. They were up by 24 points on KC, if they win that game they play TEN. Considering they beat BUF the game before…not crazy. So yes, pretty realistic if they win that game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I never said Jones was better than Carr. I said he's in the discussion and likely the best bet for the Giants. They aren't getting Carr, they aren't getting Rodgers, and they aren't getting Geno. If it's brittle Jimmy G or Jones, the Giants should go Jones. He brings the running aspect to the position that is needed these days and he showed significant progress under Daboll. It's just a matter of how much he gets, and the Giants don't have a lot of leverage really.
Like I said, not paying Jones $40+M/year. He hasn’t shown he is worth it. Why just pay him bc you don’t have better options? Then you are stuck in a bad long-term deal. Even if the 22M looked bad last year, they should have given if more thought.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Least amount of cap space, all 3 are in the negative.

Bucs -58 mill
Saints -47 mill
Browns -21 mill

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to the off season...

Hope y'all get a quarterback...
Last year was the year to get the Chiefs. They have a ton of cap space and double digit draft picks. Their young draft class from last year is just going to get better from here on out as well.