• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name Your Desparate Contract Signing

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but Devon Harris to Dirk, Chandler or Wesley does.

Harris is going to start over Williams? No chance.

Williams will start. And both he and Harris are close to done. Harris averaged 8.8ppg and 3.1apg last season.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He averaged 13ppg in the last 7 reg season games. In just 17mpg.

And he even played well in the playoffs for the Mavs.
I've yet to see Stoudemire remain consistent in the last three years for more then just 7 games. If they get 14 games with that kind of scoring they will be doing good

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoudemire played in 37 games last season and averaged in 12 ppg and 6.8 rpg. It's not his stats that's the problem - he gets injured to much and then comes back and fades again, but at the veteran min - it's not a bad signing, but I do count it as a desparate signing

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even watch basketball? I bet you are a doormat in Fantasy Sports.
I watched Lamar Odom outschool that moron in the first two games of the WCF before he says "All I have to do is box him out" as if he hadn't been tooled by Odom and played the fool. Sorry, but he isn't that good. Considering age and health, coming off the bench though might not be all that bad, but nice try

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoudemire played in 37 games last season and averaged in 12 ppg and 6.8 rpg. It's not his stats that's the problem - he gets injured to much and then comes back and fades again, but at the veteran min - it's not a bad signing, but I do count it as a desparate signing

It's not a bad signing but it's a desperate signing? That makes a lot of sense. Do you herp when you derp?

Stoudamire got picked up for league min. That's not desperation, that's fiscal sense.

Think of it this way......would it make sense to put a vending machine in the lobby a motel if you owned the motel?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a bad signing but it's a desperate signing? That makes a lot of sense. Do you herp when you derp?

Stoudamire got picked up for league min. That's not desperation, that's fiscal sense.

Think of it this way......would it make sense to put a vending machine in the lobby a motel if you owned the motel?
I just don't have much confidence in that guy, Okay I have none - hope that works out for them because I think the guy should have retired. His body was finished two years ago.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Hibbert has to do is rebound and play defense. Didn't like it at the time but I do now.

Kobe (for as many games as he plays), Clarkson, Russell and Randle will do the bulk of the scoring.

I think it depends on how the small ball progresses. Small ball is tough to beat and is mainly the reason shitty teams win more games then they have in the past. It's pretty tough for a slower team to play defense when they are down there under the basket before your team gets to mid court. That's going to be a problem for Hibbert who will need to step up his speed and run more. If he can get his speed up, he will okay.

On the other hand, if teams learn how to defend small ball with strong defense and a good offense, then it might not be as bad. I think you put Hibbert under the basket and park him there

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't have much confidence in that guy, Okay I have none - hope that works out for them because I think the guy should have retired. His body was finished two years ago.

Ahh, so now you hope it works out for them. A minute ago you said something completely different.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on how the small ball progresses. Small ball is tough to beat and is mainly the reason shitty teams win more games then they have in the past. It's pretty tough for a slower team to play defense when they are down there under the basket before your team gets to mid court. That's going to be a problem for Hibbert who will need to step up his speed and run more. If he can get his speed up, he will okay.

On the other hand, if teams learn how to defend small ball with strong defense and a good offense, then it might not be as bad. I think you put Hibbert under the basket and park him there

If he wants to play more than 20-22mpg.....he's going to have to get into shape to run up and down the court.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, so now you hope it works out for them. A minute ago you said something completely different.
I have no quarrel with the Heat - Lakers aren't going to sniff a finals any time soon any way - When they start getting closer, I will change my mind then

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants to play more than 20-22mpg.....he's going to have to get into shape to run up and down the court.
That depends on what kind of shape his knees are. I think both him and Kobe will slow him down, but the Lakers can play more small ball and sit those two down more so they will have more energy to step it up when they do get on the court

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That depends on what kind of shape his knees are. I think both him and Kobe will slow him down, but the Lakers can play more small ball and sit those two down more so they will have more energy to step it up when they do get on the court

I think they run more when Kobe and Hibbert aren't in the game. Upshaw can play 15-18mpg and he can run up and down the court. I really like him as a backup C and think he causes the team to release Sacre before the season.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they run more when Kobe and Hibbert aren't in the game. Upshaw can play 15-18mpg and he can run up and down the court. I really like him as a backup C and think he causes the team to release Sacre before the season.
Upshaw is not signed yet and still has a long ways to go, so don't get too excited about him, but I have heard good things about him. He could turn out really great.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upshaw is not signed yet and still has a long ways to go, so don't get too excited about him, but I have heard good things about him. He could turn out really great.

I think he'll make the team. He's a lot more athletic and has more upside than Sacre.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we hadn't got Hibbert.....I would have wanted the Lakers to bring in Stoudemire and platoon him and Upshaw at C.
Some one claims they just signed Upshaw to a two year contract, but that might not be a guaranteed contract yet. Cant find anything on it yet

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some one claims they just signed Upshaw to a two year contract, but that might not be a guaranteed contract yet. Cant find anything on it yet

Couple suspect website's have reported he has signed. 21 hours ago ESPN reported he's expected to sign very soon.