• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playdar - a feeling one gets when a fantasy sports player that has been significantly overlooked suddenly triggers a "gut like feeling" of happiness in a current or future fantasy sports GM.
Holy shit! Man I'm glad I bumped this: Playdar........................lmao.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sam Sportboy - Oh those were the days - - too bad in the end it just couldn't get off the floor. .... some really grand ideas came from it and, giving the devil his due, the Foot put together a nice looking web page.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sam Sportboy - Oh those were the days - - too bad in the end it just couldn't get off the floor. .... some really grand ideas came from it and, giving the devil his due, the Foot put together a nice looking web page.
Yeah, just ended up being too much for one Foot.........BTW, you still have the Golden Mountain post somewhere?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just ended up being too much for one Foot.........BTW, you still have the Golden Mountain post somewhere?

Yep - have the entire saga (started by Wil, then me, and finished by Joe) saved in word. .... send me a pm with your email and I'll send it to you. ...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preface: Before reading, some background is required for those unfamiliar with the MBBRL history. The MBBRL was the brain-child of Wilwhite following the coming together of a number of fantasy football nuts on the now defunct CBS message board. We basically never let a season end by continually posting and offering advise to anyone who would listen year-round - much like now on SportsHoopla. Anyway, early on, a brash young man making bold and off the wall predictions joined in the discussions, often inferring that he basically knew more than the rest combined. To his credit, in recent years, he has toned it down considerably and now is a valued member. Anyway, this was generated at the peak of his self-proclaimed greatness several years ago. ........

The Golden Mountain saga - Part 1 started by Wilwhite ......

Ah, yes, I remember - we were just a rag-tag bunch of young good-for-nothings united by the common call... let us brave the elements and try to reach the monastery, in the clouded and awe-inspiring heights of the Golden Mountain, there - if worthy - to spend years sleeping on stone floors and eating nothing but wild grass, to bend our whole being into the singular pursuit of knowledge, to be permitted to kneel at the throne of The Foot and hear his terrible and mystifying koans. I remember young Lefty daring to say, "But Master, is it not better to have a mighty QB whose path is known, and who will surely score more points?" and Foot fixing his milky gaze upon the trembling Lefty and saying, "Your words betray everything you have still not understood, young acolyte. Is not one handful of oats lost in the recesses of an abandoned farmhouse worth more than a thousand sacks of gold in your grasp?"

And after these many years, we are still blind, o Foot, blind to your brilliance, and uncomprehending of your rankings.
---------------------
And the saga continues .... by Leftypower.
And it came to pass, that young Lefty, stunned by the sharp words, descended from the Golden Mountain, where Master Foot sits upon his throne amusing himself with delusions of grandeur. It was along the forbidden trail, that a bewildered Lefty came upon 10 great men who were governors, each of their own fantasy kingdoms. After much discussion and sharing of thoughts, they asked him to join them in an alliance of knowledge, one to be known far and wide as Keepers of the Flame. Among the great men were; Wil of White, Sam of Sports, Fuzzy of Yellow, Doug of Beer, Dub of Cheese, Scape of Goat. There was also a well-bread and learned commoner, known simply as Joe the Average who knew of all things mathematical in the fantasy world.
During their quest for greater knowledge, the 11 came upon 4 learned Barbarians who were seeking safe haven on the Golden Mountain. They are known as; Ram the Tuff, Hawk the Prophet, Smoker of Monkeys, and Dog of Strange Avatar. The 11 were taken aback by the opinions and thoughts of the 4, and made offer for them to join in their quest.
The 11 and 4 then wondered through internet valleys, printed words, and the teaching of rival Masters. They came to stay with the Masters known as Dave & Jamey, Rotoworld, Yoda (John of Paulsen), Bruno of Boys, and several others, in a secret cave near the base of the mountain. It was there that they drank spirits, ate, and discussed all things fantasy for 40 days and 40 nights in secret rituals. It is believed that the meetings went unbeknown to Master Foot, as he was performing his own ritual writing “I am a fantasy God - I know all and see all” over and over for the same 40 days and nights.
Having learned many things during their stay with the rival Masters, the 11 and 4 went forth to assemble their armies for battle. On the day of reckoning, the 11 and 4 did assembled great armies, using the knowledge of the rival Masters and their new forged alliance. Lo, Master Foot was not impressed as the 11 allowed Sir Joe of Flacco to join his allegiance in the 2nd round, and Journeyman Ryan of Tannehill later on the same day. But alas, Master Foot was blinded by his own glow, and could not see that although the two possess golden arms, there was no one worthy to receive their gifts.
It then came to pass, on the 5th day of the 9th month, the 11 began their assent to the top of the Golden Mountain. The 4 went on to wage their own battle with other barbarians seeking to ascend from the low lands to a rocky cliff on the mountain. The 11 fought long and hard among themselves in preparation for the given week when they would be face to face with Master Foot. 12 epic battles raged on different fronts for 16 full weeks, and then peace settled over the lands for a brief period. Master Foot was conquered and banished from the mountain.
It is said, the once proud Master Foot has been seen in tattered "I am the greatest" clothing, making effort to lord over Barbarians in a desert far south of the majestic Golden Mountain. His kingdom has since dwindled to a few family members and several local podiatrists. Episode IV - The End.
---------------
The fall of the CBS message board. .... by Average Joe
Banishment. The destruction of all things CBS left thousands, if not hundreds, without a source of comfort and all things fantasy. The 11 and 4 were suddenly scattered throughout cyberspace, forbidden from assembling together. Thus, there was much sadness.

Wil of White and the commoner Joe of Average engaged on quest to unite the 11 and 4. Using extrasensory perception of Nee, or ESPN, our mighty yet humble band of heroes attempted to join forces once more. But the destruction of all things CBS had a profound effect on ESPN.

Meanwhile the Proud Master Foot was not-so secretly at work building a Death Star, known only as “MWHS.” A narcissistic lair that would enable him to control unsuspecting fantasy apprentices that approached. He would lure them with promises of games and accuracy. All of Master Foot’s plans were orchestrated through his top henchmen, known only has CJ1K and MJD the Lisfranc. If only Journeyman Ryan of Tannehill was as accurate. But I digress, since many a henchman have fallen at the tyrannical reign of Master Foot – the suddenly unwanted Joe of Flacco and Beast Hillis to name two.

Weeks, if not days, had passed and the 11 and 4 were suffering the effects of non-fantasy discussions and camaraderie. There was much sadness.

When suddenly, Wil of White was drawn to the golden glow emanating from the SportsHoopla of Sports. Using his natural ability of superior reasoning and all things organized, Sir Wil then summoned Joe of Average to assemble the Keepers of the Flame in the shadow of the MWHS Death Star.

And so it came to pass that in the Fourth month on the twenty-first day, the 11 and 4 began to return from their banishment. Sam of Sports, Fuzzy of Yellow, Doug of Beer, Dub of Cheese, Scape of Goat. Alas, some of our heroes are still unaccounted for, such as Hawk the Prophet and Dog of Strange Avatar. Thus, there was much sadness.

However the strong Treff of Lost Avi was bitter over the banishment due to what he had lost, and solemnly vowed to the remnant of the 11 and 4 that he would execute vengeance. And Treff of Lost Avi did so vow in extreme profanities to excess.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I can't imagine how hard you guys were laughing as you wrote that shit..............MJD the Lisfranc............

upload_2016-12-21_13-14-40.png

Reactions: DUB

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was classic - - and never to be forgotten. .... still makes me laugh my ass off when reading it - and yet a little sad that so many have either bowed out or have been lost.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was classic - - and never to be forgotten. .... still makes me laugh my ass off when reading it - and yet a little sad that so many have either bowed out or have been lost.
Yup, from Will,Scape,Duff and even Creepy Tranny Avi Dude Dog, there have been a lot of guys come and go..........would love to see Will make a come back now that his work with the 2016 POTUS Election is over.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy was I a fool back them. Very embarrassing. The only thing I can say on my behalf and its not an excuse and I am certainly not intending to brag here but I was finishing up my third year of ever playing ff and had went to three superbowls winning two and losing one by 2 points so I had an ego that could choke a horse back then, sorry guys. But I learned fast how bad I was when going up with likes of these guys. Very humbling none the less and I still should have never acted that way regardless. But I am glad at least it was somewhat entertaining for you all, lol.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy was I a fool back them. Very embarrassing. The only thing I can say on my behalf and its not an excuse and I am certainly not intending to brag here but I was finishing up my third year of ever playing ff and had went to three superbowls winning two and losing one by 2 points so I had an ego that could choke a horse back then, sorry guys. But I learned fast how bad I was when going up with likes of these guys. Very humbling none the less and I still should have never acted that way regardless. But I am glad at least it was somewhat entertaining for you all, lol.
I tried telling you all that ;)

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for apologies, just glad you've come around, yet still retain enough of "The Foot" to keep the foot being the foot
Thank you treff

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far is this site goes. I was just thinking out lowd here but I am kind of thinking that maybe if you guys let me go at my own pace and if everyone in both leagues would be on board I might be willing to give it another go on this site again. Of course if everyone agreed to take part I would make it in writing that we are all equal partners so if it goes anywhere we would all benefit equally. But I don't want to get ahead of myself just would be curious who would be on board with it if anybody.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sam Sportboy you are cracking me up about this thread. I honestly hadn't been in here in three years until I all of the sudden saw an alert that somebody had posted to it. It definitely makes for an entertaining read.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far is this site goes. I was just thinking out lowd here but I am kind of thinking that maybe if you guys let me go at my own pace and if everyone in both leagues would be on board I might be willing to give it another go on this site again. Of course if everyone agreed to take part I would make it in writing that we are all equal partners so if it goes anywhere we would all benefit equally. But I don't want to get ahead of myself just would be curious who would be on board with it if anybody.

Wait, you mean you haven't been working on it all this time???????

Just Kidding

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Foot @Sam Sportboy

Probably foolish of me - but I'd be willing.
I'll just go into it this time using the sage advise of my father - "keep your expectations low son, that way you won't be disappointed."