• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I haven't really felt like I can say anything here because I am the new guy, but I am going to anyway and you can always just tell me to shut the hell up if I'm overstepping, but oh my God you guys are being ridiculous lately. This is supposed to be the most fun time of year for all of us and going on this message board is becoming a huge downer. Look I know that it can be frustrating that things aren't getting updated as quickly as they should, but unless any of the rest of us plan on starting a new website and finding someone else that either is as passionate about fantasy football as the rest of us and willing to develop a website for free, or we plan on paying someone else to develop a website (which I am pretty sure neither option is going to happen) then I think we kind of need to get off Foot's back. If it takes another 3 years for the site to get up and running to everyone's satisfaction, then so be it. I think the problem is that we are all sending updates into the site and it's live. In all honesty I really don't think the site should be live right now. I think not only is it getting everybody here frustrated, but it's also going to cause other people that visit the site frustration that we keep posting it will be done and then it isn't. How are we supposed to get these people to trust our rankings, read our articles, and eventually pay to do a league on our website if every time they go on the site they see the same stuff? I would be curious to see how many people visit the rankings page instead of the main website. If you type in fantasy football sites in a search engine, people are going to click on the link to our site because of the catchy name, but the real question is that once they get on the site, are they clicking on anything else? I mean is there any point to writing articles right now about fantasy football before the site is fully functional? Who is going to stay around for the articles on a site if part of it is still under construction, there is no message board, there are no leagues to enter, and a rankings board that looks great, but isn't sortable in any way with no links. I don't know about the rest of you, but if I went to a website and all I could pull up was their rankings, but you can't click on the players name to find out any information or latest news, or injury reports, why would you use that site? I'll use fantasypros.com as an example. Now of course they have been around forever, but why would you come to our site if you can go to their site, pull up their rankings by standard or ppr and when the list comes up you can click on each player and get additional information. I just don't see what is going to pull them to us right now. My suggestion would be to just put everything on hold until after this fantasy season is over. Change the heading to say "Our goal is to be ready by the 2014 NFL pre-season". Foot, there's just no way you can work your day job, run your fantasy teams, write your own articles, and keep going on the website and updating our pages too. It's just not possible. Maybe I am completely off base here, but that's what I'm seeing. I think we are doing more damage than good right now keeping it live, but that's just my two cents.

Wow this is Perfect and so true
it really takes a whole lot of work to upload and maintain a current up to date website

Foot heed these awesome words ( Bandits Words that is) i firmly believe that next year is a more realistic target

and that we can be sad disappointed or whatever term you want to use but it shouldn't be a reflection on Foot

it truly is a time consuming job..
i myself have dabbled in it
yes i have been there

the only thing i would say that Foot may have done in error ( IMHO ) is he may have promised a little more than he could manage

i from what i know of Nick ( at least what i have learned from enjoying his posts over the last year plus or so is that his enthusiastic attitude may have blinded the reality a bit

and you know i think that it is his enthusiasm that has helped bring us this far...

Ps Lefty you should be proud your son has a keen eye a quite a heart...:first:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barilko thanks for the nice words. And I second what you said about Lefty's son. I am very happy Lefy introduced us to him and glad he is part of this. I wish I couldn't got it all done, but it was more than I though. That said I will keep trying my best and not rest on this but it is really nice to have everyone's understanding and support. Thanks guys!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Wil when will we get our draft order set?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, so is MWHS closed down for the rest of this season or should we just continue to post here on the Hoop and pack it in for another year?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I am going to keep plugin away. If you guys have articles send them to me and I will put them on your sports column page. Once all the drafts are over i will concentrate on the message boards. I'd like to do maybe one more rankings update after this weeks games are over but not sure how to do what Joe did. Either way we will figure it out.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean i was thinking about it yesturday when I was reading the "keeper league better career" thread. Just look at all the info the members of the MWHS bring. I come here and see info that is nowhere else. once we get our sh*t together the world of info we can bring will be unmatched, simply put!

We still need to auire a few more members but we will have time for that once the season begins to unfold and there is more time to focus on the site. In the meantime I'll keep doing what I can and I would like to apologize to Lefty because i know he was disappointed I could get done what I wanted to. Sorry Left!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
updated my positions - where do I need to send them?

**not going to update my top 200. don't have the time before week 3 of preseason.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monkey send them to my email.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or just post them on here and I will grab them

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found out about this site. It's great! Let me know if you need help.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dblakejr7,

Thanks man! We appreciate it! We actually have one seat left open! Actually it may be two seats because Ave Joe has expressed he won't have time to keep up with it all, but we are all hoping he kind of stays on somehow. Half a Joe is better than no Joe.

Also we may even expand to 12 seats so that would leave 3 open seats even if we can convince Joe to stay on board and 4 if we can not.

It's all of our guy's vision to create a site that is unmatched in bringing the most informative up to the minute news, and analysis and i think you can see by reading our threads on SportsHoopla (whom we will always hold in high esteem) just how extremely quick the updates come. I mean it's here before it hits the big sites. The large and vast amount of knowledge we bring is not available any where else, period, not like that.

Our goal is to create a site that isolates all that info into one area so people can go and get it free. I can tell you this. In the years I have been playing fantasy football I have not come across a site that matched the wit, knowledge and experience this group offers and that's including the paid sites.

The plan is once the season gets under way and we get through with all of our drafts we are going to turn our attention to filling the rest of the spots. Of course guys who are coming from our original mbbrl a and b leagues will have an inside track to join but if you show to have a passion and a good knowledge we would love to consider you for a spot. I will put you down as a candidate for know if you like. And anyone else interested can let me know.

We should be making those decisions in a month or just about. There is talk of us turning the site into a daily sports site as well down the road.

Glad you are interested!

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really interested in it. Just let me know what I can do to help. It's a great title cause as much as my wife tolerates football she really doesn't like my obsession with it. Ill start at the beginning of the thread and catch up.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will do dblakejr7, one day remind me to tell you the story of how we came up with that name. It's a cool quite a story!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Focus, Foot. This thread is about MWHS. Not Tavon Austin.

But quickly, he won't do nothing his first year. Rookies rarely do. The odds are against him you could say. Especially as a WR. Last WR to almost have 1K was DeSean Jackson way back when. Before him was a much younger Anquan Boldin (who did get 1K+). And before him, in the Mesozoic period, Randy Moss.

I should send you my "Rookies" article for MWHS. Nice segue, eh?

If I had a dollar every time Joe says this through this thread................