• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Take on the Lions Season...

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to wonder why 14 teams have interviewed him and passed. I agree though the D has impressed this year.

Same thought used to go about Zimmer before he became HC in Minnesota. With a limited number of positions open each year it's going to be difficult to make that transition from coordinator to HC. Look at the number of coordinators that used to be HC's, that's a lot of potential competition for one of those few positions.

Being the leader of the organization at that level is less about the X's and O's of any one phase and far more about the interaction of the various pieces. They provide vision and a sense of purpose, a motivation and desire to win. I may not be a fan of Caldwell based on the results in Detroit over his tenure here but there is something to be said about continuity of staff and improving results. We'll soon find out if BQ is content with the coaching structure he inherited. It may very well be that he values the whole far more than the parts, and will try to keep the staff together because the organization is better for it.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs to get more depth and better on both lines. Cannot pass or run block and can't get any pressure. The last draft addressed some issues but they are still very apparent. Ashawn Robinson needs to start playing more snaps.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thought used to go about Zimmer before he became HC in Minnesota. With a limited number of positions open each year it's going to be difficult to make that transition from coordinator to HC. Look at the number of coordinators that used to be HC's, that's a lot of potential competition for one of those few positions.

Being the leader of the organization at that level is less about the X's and O's of any one phase and far more about the interaction of the various pieces. They provide vision and a sense of purpose, a motivation and desire to win. I may not be a fan of Caldwell based on the results in Detroit over his tenure here but there is something to be said about continuity of staff and improving results. We'll soon find out if BQ is content with the coaching structure he inherited. It may very well be that he values the whole far more than the parts, and will try to keep the staff together because the organization is better for it.

The mere fact that Mayhew hired Caldwell makes me think he sucks. Along with the mustache and not knowing how to manage timeouts.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs to get more depth and better on both lines. Cannot pass or run block and can't get any pressure. The last draft addressed some issues but they are still very apparent. Ashawn Robinson needs to start playing more snaps.

I wouldn't be pissed if they kept drafting O-line and D-line.

Reiff is a disaster. Time to let him and Warford walk.

Add to that, this is the draft for a RB.

Washington is horrible and Zenner isn't far behind.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to wonder why 14 teams have interviewed him and passed. I agree though the D has impressed this year.
lockerroom motivation isnt translating into the interview? Is he polished? does he have an offensive philosophy? Who Knows? 14 teams interviewed him? Is that exaggeration?

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why make the playoffs? You that hungry to watch them get embarrassed again...? The team isnt ready to make a run in the playoffs...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lockerroom motivation isnt translating into the interview? Is he polished? does he have an offensive philosophy? Who Knows? 14 teams interviewed him? Is that exaggeration?

No exaggeration. He's interviewed with 14 teams over the past few years. And no one has hired him.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Ashawn is getting better. Tyrunn disappeared last night after the first series. Charles was quietly decent until getting hurt again. Ngata is showing his age now. Thorton was ill unfortunately this week. He has been a very nice pickup and hopefully he will play next weekend. Charles is done so they will need him inside. We will need to draft another DT next year.

I like our DEs. Ziggys wont get the mega contract now as he can not play hurt. Hyder is also very good. I like what I saw from Bryant too but he needs to keep his nose clean. Taylor and Zettell I am only Luke on. Seems like Taylor makes some splash plays and disappears. Zettell has not impressed me on the field. He works hard though and may get better.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why make the playoffs? You that hungry to watch them get embarrassed again...? The team isnt ready to make a run in the playoffs...

They'll never be ready then when the Lions "roll over and die" every time the officials make calls to help the other teams.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lions went from having the number 2 seed to not having one at all.