• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My offseason thread...

HaroldSeattle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 894.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I'd give the Jags backfield and ............Mixon? Tough call on Mixon and tomorrow I might say Swift instead because he's on the Lions and they don't act like they want a work horse. Mixon hasn't live up to his potential and time is running out, he needs to kill it this season to stay viable. Yes McLaurin is a up grade, but sure ask for a slight up grade at DT.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,540.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also think you might as well ask for the DT upgrade to start, and I'd throw Jacobs and Mixon at him before Swift or Etienne.

RB is a young man's job, 25/26 is old for a lot of them, avg shelf life about 3.5yrs, stick with youth to compliment Barkley

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also think you might as well ask for the DT upgrade to start, and I'd throw Jacobs and Mixon at him before Swift or Etienne.

RB is a young man's job, 25/26 is old for a lot of them, avg shelf life about 3.5yrs, stick with youth to compliment Barkley

not crazy because Raiders did bring in Drake. I hate the Drake.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 193,630.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offered Jacobs, JRob, Etienne and Robby A for Barkley, Mclaurin, and Quinnen Williams. He countered with Swift, JRob, and Etienne for Barkley and Quinnen. I told him i would think about it. Thinking about adding Robby A back on my side and Thielen back on his. Not sure yet, though. Could also try to throw in Mike Evans on my side and DK on his, but I doubt he goes for tat without a draft pick of some sort. Maybe scale it back to Robby A and the draft pick instead of Evans. Still not sure yet.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offered Jacobs, JRob, Etienne and Robby A for Barkley, Mclaurin, and Quinnen Williams. He countered with Swift, JRob, and Etienne for Barkley and Quinnen. I told him i would think about it. Thinking about adding Robby A back on my side and Thielen back on his. Not sure yet, though. Could also try to throw in Mike Evans on my side and DK on his, but I doubt he goes for tat without a draft pick of some sort. Maybe scale it back to Robby A and the draft pick instead of Evans. Still not sure yet.

I mean... it’s weird, but if you got an offer last September...
Barkley for Swift, JRob and your 2021 1st...

Seems simple. I guess the only question is do you see Barkley as the same as last September? Or do you see Swift making the jump to RB1? (I think the Jags split kind of makes them an easy toss)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... it’s weird, but if you got an offer last September...
Barkley for Swift, JRob and your 2021 1st...

Seems simple. I guess the only question is do you see Barkley as the same as last September? Or do you see Swift making the jump to RB1? (I think the Jags split kind of makes them an easy toss)

yea, but its not the same... if i had Robinson, i would not have drafted Ettienne with my first round pick... getting both in a deal, is almost like only getting one player... as they both will likely not have consistent value as a fantasy starter as long as they are both being used... even if Ettienne is used as a receiver...

and if either do get the #1 position, then the other will most likely not have great value....

Really by the jaguars drafting Ettienne, it kills both of their pre season fantasy values... I see both as a flex option right now...

And there is no way, i would trade a RB2 and 2 flex options for a high end RB 1....

With that said, the upside of Ettiene, Jrob, and swift is higher than just Barkley...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, but its not the same... if i had Robinson, i would not have drafted Ettienne with my first round pick... getting both in a deal, is almost like only getting one player... as they both will likely not have consistent value as a fantasy starter as long as they are both being used... even if Ettienne is used as a receiver...

and if either do get the #1 position, then the other will most likely not have great value....

Really by the jaguars drafting Ettienne, it kills both of their pre season fantasy values... I see both as a flex option right now...

And there is no way, i would trade a RB2 and 2 flex options for a high end RB 1....

With that said, the upside of Ettiene, Jrob, and swift is higher than just Barkley...

not sure I get what you’re saying. On one hand you agree the Jags duo splits their individual values, but adding Swift means you wouldn’t take Barkley? Or do you mean that as the Barkley owner not interested? Because I believe it is the Barkley owner who made the offer.

the three have higher upside than “just” Barkley, but it isn’t just Barkley. It’s Barkley and the flex replacements which is always an inconsistent practice... like you said, it’s safe to say that starting both Jags every week has slim chances.

the only hold back for me, is Barkley’s health...which should not be forgotten here.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure I get what you’re saying. On one hand you agree the Jags duo splits their individual values, but adding Swift means you wouldn’t take Barkley? Or do you mean that as the Barkley owner not interested? Because I believe it is the Barkley owner who made the offer.

the three have higher upside than “just” Barkley, but it isn’t just Barkley. It’s Barkley and the flex replacements which is always an inconsistent practice... like you said, it’s safe to say that starting both Jags every week has slim chances.

the only hold back for me, is Barkley’s health...which should not be forgotten here.

My bad for not being clear...

in your post you were talking about if this was september or even any other time before the fantasy rookie draft, and the trade was Swift, Robinson and a first(pick 2-5) for Barkley... If someone gave me that offer i would have thought heavily on doing it.... as it is a decent offer... not sure if i would have done it or not... but i would at least seriously think about it...

But with that pick, there is no chance i would have taken Ettienne...

But once you substitute the #1 with Ettienne, it changes the whole deal... and with current value, you are basically trading 3 question marks for an elite fantasy player... so, there is no way in hell i would make that deal...

But even though i would not make that deal, i am still recognizing the potential in that trade... Swift has RB#1 upside... so getting a RB 1 downgrade and then getting potential studs in Ettienne and Robinson?? i can easily see the winner of this deal being the Swift side... and if all 4 players reach their potential or any resemblance of it, the winner would be the swift side...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done deal...

Barkley, Quinnen Williams (DT) and his 2nd round pick

for

JRob, Etienne, Swift, my 3rd round pick

I'm happy.

and now reading this, i see that you are receiving Barkley... i thought you were the barkley owner...

so... great trade for you....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now reading this, i see that you are receiving Barkley... i thought you were the barkley owner...

so... great trade for you....

And you understand my confusion..

:suds:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you understand my confusion..

:suds:

but what is interesting... if instead of drafting ettienne, he drafted anyone else. i dont think i would have made that trade with that substitution...

and never mind again,... i see this was a dynasty start up...