• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My offseason thread...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will probably be asking for advice for a couple of different leagues, most likely, so I will just put it all in one thread. I am starting to look at my 2 dynasty leagues more and get an idea of how I want to attack this draft in each of them. One of them is D2 and I'm going to hold off on posting my plans there.

But the other one is a 12 team .5 PPR league with a bunch of IDPs. We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex and 10 IDPs. There are also a lot of bonus points for long TDs and yardage milestones. My roster...

QB - Dak, Hebert, Stafford
RB - Mixon, Jacobs, Swift, J. Robinson, Gordon, Gio, Booker
WR - Julio, Golladay, Evans, Robbie A, Jeudy, S. Shepard, Mike Williams
TE - Waller, Engram, J. Smith

I have wheeled and dealed a little and I have 3 picks in the first round this year. I'm not 100% on the draft order, but I think they will be at 3, 7 and 8. Then, I pick 8th in the 2nd and 4th. Last year, I had 3 in the first and I tried to go after a stud. The Barkley owner wanted too much. I got one of the firsts (plus one of these and a couple more years) from the McCaffrey owner. The Chubb and Cook owner was not at all interested in discussing anything and the Kamara and Zeke owners didn't even reply to a couple of emails. I ended up trading #8 and Amari Cooper for Jacobs and drafted Swift and Jeudy. There are some guys I like in this rookie class, but nobody that I really love. Maybe Chase and I may be able to get him at 3.

So, the other dude who I have a first from is asking me what it would take to trade up and he wants to get as high as he can and he is in love with Kyle Pitts. This is his roster...

QB - Kyler, Carr
RB - Barkley, Devin Singletary, AJ Dillon, Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Kalen Ballage
WR - Hopkins, Thielen, McLaurin, Gallop, Courtland Sutton, Shenault, Watkins, Bryan Edwards, Scotty Miller
TE - Hurst, Tonyan, J. Reed

The only guys I am really interested in on his team is Barkley, Hopkins, and maybe Sutton. For him to come off Barkley, I figure I would need to give up 2 starting caliber RBs and that pick at least. I'm a little worried about the injuries, though. I don't think he would come off Hopkins for the pick alone, but he may do it for #3 and a RB. I could also throw in Booker for him to cuff Barkley with somewhere. He may do it straight up for Sutton. I've been plugging in some ideas in a dynasty calculator thing and that seems close in value. Not sure how I feel about that, though. I think I would rather have Chase in this case. My WRs are pretty solid, so the potential is more valuable to me with Chase depending on where he ends up.

Another thing about this offseason, is James Robinson. His value could be anywhere after draft day. I could push for him to be involved in this deal, but he is smart enough to see that coming, so I wouldn't get too much for him, but it may be enough to offset the risk.

So, what do you guys think? Is there something there? Am I right in trying to convert all these picks into a stud RB? Should I just keep all these picks and reload? Should I look to deal Julio since I have a bunch of depth and draft picks in a strong WR class? Should I reach out to the Chubb and Cook owner to see if he reconsiders? Could I look at a 3 way trade where he gets Barkley and I get one of them and the Barkley owner gets a solid set of starting RBs and the #3 pick?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would make priority one to be moving Julio.

As a Robinson owner, I am not interested in selling low. If they bring in competition and he loses the battle, I’ll live with it. But he’s a bowling ball and I think the Jags are nuts if they tamper with their backfield.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance there is an owner interested in 1.3 and Julio?

Or, you think he might take 1.8 for McLaurin? You can start four receivers... As a McLaurin owner...
Not sure. We're going to be discussing this more in the next couple days. I told him to give me a ball park figure of what DHop would cost and what Barkley would cost and we would go from there.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree that if it costs 2 of yours and the pick for Barkley you do not do it

i think you use pick 3 or trade it somewhere else

if he wants it make him pay ...

if he wont come off Hopkins then he doesnt get the pick pointe finale!

you do not need to move with him

cripes you have Jacobs Swift Mixon and Robinson and 3 1st rounders already you look good and if you want to build off that then go elsewhere you have the weapons to do so ..

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think pick 3 is the catbird seat in this draft. The top RB, top WR and top TE all could improve upon the position on your roster, even if it means running Waller and Pitts out there in your lineup... Stay put there, maybe package 7 and 8 to get 2nd pick? (Or 4 if the draft goes a certain way you like)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reached out to the Chubb owner and he said the cost would be either a #1 WR or a 1st round pick. Thinking about offering Julio and like #8 and seeing where that gets me.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Julio and 8 would be my end game. I wanted to check back with the Barkley/DHop owner and see what he is thinking. If there is a way to pull all 3 of these guys, I think I would have to go for it. 3 1sts, Julio and one or 2 of my RBs and/or another WR for Barkley, Chubb and Hopkins sounds like a solid haul if that is what it would take.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reached out to the Chubb owner and he said the cost would be either a #1 WR or a 1st round pick. Thinking about offering Julio and like #8 and seeing where that gets me.

assuming you meant #1 WR "and" a 1st round pick, not "or" in this post

think I'd be pursuing the Barkley/Hopkins route first, then circling back to the Chubb for Julio + 1.08

if there was any possibility of nabbing Bark/Hop with some combo of your 1.07 + 1.08 + 2 players and retaining pick 1.03, that would be better than landing Chubb with Julio + 1.08, imo

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assuming you meant #1 WR "and" a 1st round pick, not "or" in this post

think I'd be pursuing the Barkley/Hopkins route first, then circling back to the Chubb for Julio + 1.08

if there was any possibility of nabbing Bark/Hop with some combo of your 1.07 + 1.08 + 2 players and retaining pick 1.03, that would be better than landing Chubb with Julio + 1.08, imo
Not seeing a way to get Barkley and Hopkins without giving up 3. That was the starting point of our talks.

The Chubb guy did say WR or 1st. Not sure if he considers Julio a #1. Or maybe he mistyped. Not sure. We will revisit this weekend and I work with the Barkley/Dhop owner, so I should have a better idea if all 3 are doable.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not seeing a way to get Barkley and Hopkins without giving up 3. That was the starting point of our talks.

The Chubb guy did say WR or 1st. Not sure if he considers Julio a #1. Or maybe he mistyped. Not sure. We will revisit this weekend and I work with the Barkley/Dhop owner, so I should have a better idea if all 3 are doable.

Julio+Swift+1.7+1.8 for Barkley/DHop?
1.3 for Chubb?

Sign me up.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude with Chubb just asked about #3 and his wording was "What would you want for #3? Chubb and a player?" May be worth exploring...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude with Chubb just asked about #3 and his wording was "What would you want for #3? Chubb and a player?" May be worth exploring...

So what did he add to Chubb to get that 1.03 from ya?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what did he add to Chubb to get that 1.03 from ya?
I hit him up today. Been a crazy weekend. I was about to look at things, but I'm leaning towards pushing for a solid starting IDP (Budda Baker is my target). Nothing too big. I asked who he had in mind, so I will see what he says there.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb and Baker for 3 and CJ Mosely.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this dynasty league is starting our rookie draft this weekend. Slow draft. To recap the details...

12 team .5 PPR league with a bunch of IDPs. We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex and 10 IDPs. There are also a lot of bonus points for long TDs and yardage milestones. My offensive roster...

QB - Dak, Hebert, Stafford
RB - Chubb, Mixon, Jacobs, Swift, J. Robinson, Gordon, Gio, Booker
WR - Julio, Golladay, Evans, Robbie A, Jeudy, S. Shepard, Mike Williams
TE - Waller, Engram, J. Smith

I have picks 1.7, 1.9 (I originally thought it was 1.8, but I was wrong), 2.9, and 4.9. Honestly thinking BPA at 7 and 9 and hoping a few QBs go early. We have limits on positions which comes into play here. 3 for QBs and TEs and 8 for RBs and WRs. So, any QB, RB or TE I take would require me to drop someone from that position. RB-wise, I have no need for Booker or Gio anymore since they were basically cuffing Jacobs and Mixon and have moved on to new teams. But if I draft a QB or TE, I would have to drop one of mine to do that. Stafford is by far my worst QB right now (good problem to have), so it would be hard for me to draft a QB since I would not want to just throw him away. I have talked to the dude who was trying to trade up to 3 earlier this offseason for Pitts and he is interested in either of my 1st round picks and has acquired the 11th pick. He has tossed out talk of his 2nd (2.7) and his 1st next year for 1.9 if there is nobody that I like there. I think my "nightmare" scenario is that no QBs get taken and I am looking at Trevor Lawrence at 1.7. I would try to scramble and trade one of my QBs for something and take TL or work out a deal with someone for the pick.

I'm not really in love with anyone from this class to be honest. I was texting my buddy who has the #1 pick and thinking about making an offer to him, but really, who would I pick if he said yes? I don't have any holes on offense and I probably have Ja'Marr Chase as my #1 ranked guy in the class. I do like Javonte Williams and he makes sense as a cuff for Gordon as does Etienne as a cuff for JRob. But should I try to trade up for one of those guys or not worry about a cuff and shoot for Najee? It is possible that one of those RBs falls to 7 and 1 of the top 3 WRs (actually, I doubt it would be Chase) falls to 9 and I end up with something like Williams and Smith or something.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is possible that one of those RBs falls to 7 and 1 of the top 3 WRs (actually, I doubt it would be Chase) falls to 9 and I end up with something like Williams and Smith or something.

no

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, my son took over a team a few weeks ago when a guy dropped out and is already wheeling and dealing. He made a deal with the guy who has been trying to move up for Pitts and talking with me about deals for Barkley and DHop earlier in the off season.

His team (pre trade)

QB - Kyler, Carr
RB - Barkley, Devin Singletary, AJ Dillon, Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Kalen Ballage
WR - Hopkins, Thielen, McLaurin, Gallop, Courtland Sutton, Shenault, Watkins, Bryan Edwards, Scotty Miller
TE - Hurst, Tonyan, J. Reed

Son's team

QB - Tanny, Jimmy G.
RB - Zeke, James White, Zack Moss, Mark Ingram
WR - DK Metcalf, Ridley, Juju, Ruggs, AJ Green, Travis Fulgham
TE - Goedart, Njoku, Irv Smith

So, they made the deal

DK Metcalf

for

DHop
Courtland Sutton

Neither one of them helped their RB situation out, but I think my son got good value. He needs to flip one of those WRs for a decent starting RB, but he definitely has the depth to do that.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was just joking, I think it is possible you see Smith slide, would be shocked to see either Etienne or Williams make it back to you at 1.7

really can't imagine someone taking Lance or Fields ahead of him, and that's what you'd be banking on assuming the top 6 are:

TLaw, Harris, Etienne, Pitts, Chase, Williams