• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My offseason thread...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I'd give the Jags backfield and ............Mixon? Tough call on Mixon and tomorrow I might say Swift instead because he's on the Lions and they don't act like they want a work horse. Mixon hasn't live up to his potential and time is running out, he needs to kill it this season to stay viable. Yes McLaurin is a up grade, but sure ask for a slight up grade at DT.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also think you might as well ask for the DT upgrade to start, and I'd throw Jacobs and Mixon at him before Swift or Etienne.

RB is a young man's job, 25/26 is old for a lot of them, avg shelf life about 3.5yrs, stick with youth to compliment Barkley

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also think you might as well ask for the DT upgrade to start, and I'd throw Jacobs and Mixon at him before Swift or Etienne.

RB is a young man's job, 25/26 is old for a lot of them, avg shelf life about 3.5yrs, stick with youth to compliment Barkley

not crazy because Raiders did bring in Drake. I hate the Drake.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offered Jacobs, JRob, Etienne and Robby A for Barkley, Mclaurin, and Quinnen Williams. He countered with Swift, JRob, and Etienne for Barkley and Quinnen. I told him i would think about it. Thinking about adding Robby A back on my side and Thielen back on his. Not sure yet, though. Could also try to throw in Mike Evans on my side and DK on his, but I doubt he goes for tat without a draft pick of some sort. Maybe scale it back to Robby A and the draft pick instead of Evans. Still not sure yet.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offered Jacobs, JRob, Etienne and Robby A for Barkley, Mclaurin, and Quinnen Williams. He countered with Swift, JRob, and Etienne for Barkley and Quinnen. I told him i would think about it. Thinking about adding Robby A back on my side and Thielen back on his. Not sure yet, though. Could also try to throw in Mike Evans on my side and DK on his, but I doubt he goes for tat without a draft pick of some sort. Maybe scale it back to Robby A and the draft pick instead of Evans. Still not sure yet.

I mean... it’s weird, but if you got an offer last September...
Barkley for Swift, JRob and your 2021 1st...

Seems simple. I guess the only question is do you see Barkley as the same as last September? Or do you see Swift making the jump to RB1? (I think the Jags split kind of makes them an easy toss)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... it’s weird, but if you got an offer last September...
Barkley for Swift, JRob and your 2021 1st...

Seems simple. I guess the only question is do you see Barkley as the same as last September? Or do you see Swift making the jump to RB1? (I think the Jags split kind of makes them an easy toss)

yea, but its not the same... if i had Robinson, i would not have drafted Ettienne with my first round pick... getting both in a deal, is almost like only getting one player... as they both will likely not have consistent value as a fantasy starter as long as they are both being used... even if Ettienne is used as a receiver...

and if either do get the #1 position, then the other will most likely not have great value....

Really by the jaguars drafting Ettienne, it kills both of their pre season fantasy values... I see both as a flex option right now...

And there is no way, i would trade a RB2 and 2 flex options for a high end RB 1....

With that said, the upside of Ettiene, Jrob, and swift is higher than just Barkley...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, but its not the same... if i had Robinson, i would not have drafted Ettienne with my first round pick... getting both in a deal, is almost like only getting one player... as they both will likely not have consistent value as a fantasy starter as long as they are both being used... even if Ettienne is used as a receiver...

and if either do get the #1 position, then the other will most likely not have great value....

Really by the jaguars drafting Ettienne, it kills both of their pre season fantasy values... I see both as a flex option right now...

And there is no way, i would trade a RB2 and 2 flex options for a high end RB 1....

With that said, the upside of Ettiene, Jrob, and swift is higher than just Barkley...

not sure I get what you’re saying. On one hand you agree the Jags duo splits their individual values, but adding Swift means you wouldn’t take Barkley? Or do you mean that as the Barkley owner not interested? Because I believe it is the Barkley owner who made the offer.

the three have higher upside than “just” Barkley, but it isn’t just Barkley. It’s Barkley and the flex replacements which is always an inconsistent practice... like you said, it’s safe to say that starting both Jags every week has slim chances.

the only hold back for me, is Barkley’s health...which should not be forgotten here.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure I get what you’re saying. On one hand you agree the Jags duo splits their individual values, but adding Swift means you wouldn’t take Barkley? Or do you mean that as the Barkley owner not interested? Because I believe it is the Barkley owner who made the offer.

the three have higher upside than “just” Barkley, but it isn’t just Barkley. It’s Barkley and the flex replacements which is always an inconsistent practice... like you said, it’s safe to say that starting both Jags every week has slim chances.

the only hold back for me, is Barkley’s health...which should not be forgotten here.

My bad for not being clear...

in your post you were talking about if this was september or even any other time before the fantasy rookie draft, and the trade was Swift, Robinson and a first(pick 2-5) for Barkley... If someone gave me that offer i would have thought heavily on doing it.... as it is a decent offer... not sure if i would have done it or not... but i would at least seriously think about it...

But with that pick, there is no chance i would have taken Ettienne...

But once you substitute the #1 with Ettienne, it changes the whole deal... and with current value, you are basically trading 3 question marks for an elite fantasy player... so, there is no way in hell i would make that deal...

But even though i would not make that deal, i am still recognizing the potential in that trade... Swift has RB#1 upside... so getting a RB 1 downgrade and then getting potential studs in Ettienne and Robinson?? i can easily see the winner of this deal being the Swift side... and if all 4 players reach their potential or any resemblance of it, the winner would be the swift side...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now reading this, i see that you are receiving Barkley... i thought you were the barkley owner...

so... great trade for you....

And you understand my confusion..

:suds:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you understand my confusion..

:suds:

but what is interesting... if instead of drafting ettienne, he drafted anyone else. i dont think i would have made that trade with that substitution...

and never mind again,... i see this was a dynasty start up...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 teams, PPR scoring, -2 INTs and -1 fumbles.

We keep 1 player and give up the round that player was selected the year before. We cannot keep the same player 2 years in a row and if you trade for someone and keep them, you get the round attached to that player up to the 6th round. Anyone picked after the 6th or taken off the wire is available to be kept for a 6th. I pick early, but I am not sure exactly what the tiebreakers are. I should be in the top 3, though. Not sure who will be keeping who at this time. I could update it after looking it over. Who do I keep? Options...

Joe Mixon - 1st Round (ADP 2.7)
Mike Evans - 2nd Round (4.7)
Miles Sanders - 5th Round (3.7)
Keenan Allen - 5th Round (3.4)
Chase Edmonds - 6th Round (6.1)
Leonard Fournette - 6th Round (7.2)

Nothing very exciting, but it has to be Sanders or Allen, right? I traded for Sanders with the idea he would be my keeper, but a lot has happened in Philly since then, and his injury history is a bit scary.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 teams, PPR scoring, -2 INTs and -1 fumbles.

We keep 1 player and give up the round that player was selected the year before. We cannot keep the same player 2 years in a row and if you trade for someone and keep them, you get the round attached to that player up to the 6th round. Anyone picked after the 6th or taken off the wire is available to be kept for a 6th. I pick early, but I am not sure exactly what the tiebreakers are. I should be in the top 3, though. Not sure who will be keeping who at this time. I could update it after looking it over. Who do I keep? Options...

Joe Mixon - 1st Round (ADP 2.7)
Mike Evans - 2nd Round (4.7)
Miles Sanders - 5th Round (3.7)
Keenan Allen - 5th Round (3.4)
Chase Edmonds - 6th Round (6.1)
Leonard Fournette - 6th Round (7.2)

Nothing very exciting, but it has to be Sanders or Allen, right? I traded for Sanders with the idea he would be my keeper, but a lot has happened in Philly since then, and his injury history is a bit scary.
Allen for me. Easily.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not easily, for me, but same answer. Sanders is too iffy to rely on.
Eh . In ppr with herbert, yeah its easily him at round 5. Sanders is eh. But allen should be seein just an absurd target share, herbert looked his way, wayyyyyy often

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main league. 12 teams, PPR scoring with bonus points for plays over 40 yards. Keep 2 offensive players and 1 IDP with no round restrictions. I pick 10th in the first round (and 3rd in the 2nd) and am without my pick in the 4th round. My keepers are Mahomes and Davante Adams. We cut down to 3 next week and it's not uncommon for me to be surprised by someone who ends up being cut, but here is who I am expecting to be available (in order of fantasy pros' ADP.

Ekeler
Jonathan Taylor
Tyreek Hill
Gibson
CEH
Najee
Swift
Carson
Montgomery
Dobbins
Ridley
Miles Sanders
Gaskin
Waller
Kittle
Justin Jefferson
DK
Henderson
Etienne
Hunt
Mike Davis
ARob

Josh Allen and Kyler Murray are sprinkled in there, also, but since I have Mahomes, I am probably not going to be considering them with my 1st or 2nd. I seriously doubt the top 3 will come anywhere near me. I feel like I will be looking at two of about 5 RBs like Carson, Monty, Dobbins, Swift or maybe Najee. I think there is a little drop off after those guys before Miles and Gaskin and Henderson. I don't rule out WR, but since I am not keeping a RB, I have the urge to force at least 1 on that turn. I have talked to the 2 guys who have extra picks in the first few rounds about trading up. 2 guys have 2 2nd round picks. 1 of them will have already picked, but they sit at 6 and 7, so I wouldn't be falling far there, but I probably wouldn't be able to pick up much from a small drop like that. One guy has a pick at the end of the round, though, so I would be falling down 8 spots and he has an extra pick in the 4th, also (mine), so there is a possibility of maybe that pick and his 3rd for my 2nd and something later (thinking maybe 7 or so?). The next few players on that ADP list are guys like the Dallas and LA Rams WRs, Godwin, DJ Moore, Adam Thielen, Chase Edmunds, who may be there with that 3rd I could possibly pick up. Would that be worth missing out on one of those earlier RBs to pick up another player on that last tier to make up for my lack of a 4th round pick?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main league. 12 teams, PPR scoring with bonus points for plays over 40 yards. Keep 2 offensive players and 1 IDP with no round restrictions. I pick 10th in the first round (and 3rd in the 2nd) and am without my pick in the 4th round. My keepers are Mahomes and Davante Adams. We cut down to 3 next week and it's not uncommon for me to be surprised by someone who ends up being cut, but here is who I am expecting to be available (in order of fantasy pros' ADP.

Ekeler
Jonathan Taylor
Tyreek Hill
Gibson
CEH
Najee
Swift
Carson
Montgomery
Dobbins
Ridley
Miles Sanders
Gaskin
Waller
Kittle
Justin Jefferson
DK
Henderson
Etienne
Hunt
Mike Davis
ARob

Josh Allen and Kyler Murray are sprinkled in there, also, but since I have Mahomes, I am probably not going to be considering them with my 1st or 2nd. I seriously doubt the top 3 will come anywhere near me. I feel like I will be looking at two of about 5 RBs like Carson, Monty, Dobbins, Swift or maybe Najee. I think there is a little drop off after those guys before Miles and Gaskin and Henderson. I don't rule out WR, but since I am not keeping a RB, I have the urge to force at least 1 on that turn. I have talked to the 2 guys who have extra picks in the first few rounds about trading up. 2 guys have 2 2nd round picks. 1 of them will have already picked, but they sit at 6 and 7, so I wouldn't be falling far there, but I probably wouldn't be able to pick up much from a small drop like that. One guy has a pick at the end of the round, though, so I would be falling down 8 spots and he has an extra pick in the 4th, also (mine), so there is a possibility of maybe that pick and his 3rd for my 2nd and something later (thinking maybe 7 or so?). The next few players on that ADP list are guys like the Dallas and LA Rams WRs, Godwin, DJ Moore, Adam Thielen, Chase Edmunds, who may be there with that 3rd I could possibly pick up. Would that be worth missing out on one of those earlier RBs to pick up another player on that last tier to make up for my lack of a 4th round pick?

dropping four slots in the 2nd to gain a 4th, I could get behind...
dropping eight slots gets a little riskier, so I’d probably just prefer to miss out on the 4th.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dropping four slots in the 2nd to gain a 4th, I could get behind...
dropping eight slots gets a little riskier, so I’d probably just prefer to miss out on the 4th.

I would probably have to give back my 5th for that to happen. They would be moving back about a round and change from the mid 4th to a late 5th. But with 2 teams that have extra picks that may be willing to do that to get their guy, it is possible. They may only be willing to throw out a 5th, though... or 6th to move up a few spots. I would look to throw back something a few rounds lower if that were to happen. Probably start at 10 and work up from there.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if some of those top RBs dont make it back to your first rd pick, you'd be able to pair Adams and Ridley for your starting WR combo in PPR...sign me up all day and take whatever RB comes back to you in the 2nd at 2.3.

you could even bail on RB altogether and nab Kittle or Waller at 2.3 after Ridley...I know a lot of people would scoff at that idea, but that'd be a badass core to build around rest of draft