• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My offseason thread...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New league. Dynasty startup. 2 Superflexes, so we can start 3 QBs. 10 teams. PPR (2 PPR for TEs). We start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 3 flex (RB/WR/TE), 2 Superflex, a bunch of IDPs.

Man, this draft has been strange for me. I did my first superflex league last year on here and thought it was strange with the QBs going early. This draft makes that look so chalk. I had the #1 overall pick and went Mahomes. Chubb and Henry fell to me for the 2/3 turn. Here is the draft so far...

Me - Mahomes
1.2 - Josh Allen
1.3 - Dak
1.4 - Kyler
1.5 - Herbert
1.6 - CMac
1.7 - Lamar
1.8 - Burrow
1.9 - Jonathan Taylor
1.10 - Russ Wilson
2.1 - Saquon
2.2 - Kamara
2.3 - Cook
2.4 - Justin Fields
2.5 - Kelce
2.6 - Tyreek
2.7 - KIttle
2.8 - Jalen Hurts
2.9 - Lawrence
2.10 - Derrick Henry
3.1 - Nick Chubb
3.2 - Davonta Adams
3.3 - AJ Brown
3.4 - Justin Jefferson
3.5 - Kyle Pitts
3.6 - ARod
3.7 - Waller
3.8 - A Jones
3.9 - DK Metcalf
3.10 - Baker Mayfield
4.1 - Ridley
4.2 - otc

Wild that Fields and Hurts went before Lawrence. Super wild that so many QBs have gone, although, we can start 3, so I understand.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I was typing that, JK Dobbins went 4.2. My son has 4.3 and will go DHop or Diggs.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I was typing that, JK Dobbins went 4.2. My son has 4.3 and will go DHop or Diggs.
Son ended up going Zeke. I took Hopkins and Josh Jacobs on the 4/5 turn.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was burned by Mixon last year with his injuries. But he is a 20-touch RB. Literally only a handful of them. I wouldnt trade him. Even for Mixon haters, not sure his value is in line with his asking price now anyway.

Im slowly joining the dark side on the WR-RB issue. Seems like owners are always chasing RB. Committees, injuries, etc are part of it. But we see even NFL teams constantly adding RB. I just dont see a real commitment to the position anymore as NFL teams/coaches may lean on the hot hand. Each year gets cloudier. WR though, a good one can stabilize that spot on your roster for several years.

welcome to the dark side, I converted a few seasons ago in dynasty, last year in redraft and I saw some success so looking to continue down that path

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son ended up going Zeke. I took Hopkins and Josh Jacobs on the 4/5 turn.
I prob wouldve gone QB again instead of jacobs if you can start 3

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New league. Dynasty startup. 2 Superflexes, so we can start 3 QBs. 10 teams. PPR (2 PPR for TEs). We start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 3 flex (RB/WR/TE), 2 Superflex, a bunch of IDPs.

Man, this draft has been strange for me. I did my first superflex league last year on here and thought it was strange with the QBs going early. This draft makes that look so chalk. I had the #1 overall pick and went Mahomes. Chubb and Henry fell to me for the 2/3 turn. Here is the draft so far...

Me - Mahomes
1.2 - Josh Allen
1.3 - Dak
1.4 - Kyler
1.5 - Herbert
1.6 - CMac
1.7 - Lamar
1.8 - Burrow
1.9 - Jonathan Taylor
1.10 - Russ Wilson
2.1 - Saquon
2.2 - Kamara
2.3 - Cook
2.4 - Justin Fields
2.5 - Kelce
2.6 - Tyreek
2.7 - KIttle
2.8 - Jalen Hurts
2.9 - Lawrence
2.10 - Derrick Henry
3.1 - Nick Chubb
3.2 - Davonta Adams
3.3 - AJ Brown
3.4 - Justin Jefferson
3.5 - Kyle Pitts
3.6 - ARod
3.7 - Waller
3.8 - A Jones
3.9 - DK Metcalf
3.10 - Baker Mayfield
4.1 - Ridley
4.2 - otc

Wild that Fields and Hurts went before Lawrence. Super wild that so many QBs have gone, although, we can start 3, so I understand.
Only because the board is slow will i say this... i loathe superflex leagues. We did try that a few years back. Even adjusted the scoring rules so the QB position would be more equal to the other skill positions.
In my opinion it failed. If you had 2 elite QB, you were unstoppable. Many owners still gave it their all but it was for nought.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because the board is slow will i say this... i loathe superflex leagues. We did try that a few years back. Even adjusted the scoring rules so the QB position would be more equal to the other skill positions.
In my opinion it failed. If you had 2 elite QB, you were unstoppable. Many owners still gave it their all but it was for nought.

It will definitely be 'the haves' vs 'the have nots' for the first couple seasons, but I think most dynasty leagues are like that to start.

EX: You get curb stomped by a team with 2 elite QBs, the next season you pivot and adjust your valuations of positions/players, and you go out there and get yourself 2 elite QBs for your roster, then go from there to build the rest of it out.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will definitely be 'the haves' vs 'the have nots' for the first couple seasons, but I think most dynasty leagues are like that to start.

EX: You get curb stomped by a team with 2 elite QBs, the next season you pivot and adjust your valuations of positions/players, and you go out there and get yourself 2 elite QBs for your roster, then go from there to build the rest of it out.
I would like to say that the group of owners we had were "active" owners, and this was just a 1 year redraft league. But 3 or 4 weeks in, the other owners lost interest. (1) there were no more QB to be had and (2) having a stud RB and WR putting up 20 fantasy points per week were still no match for a team with 2 QB in the upper 30s.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to say that the group of owners we had were "active" owners, and this was just a 1 year redraft league. But 3 or 4 weeks in, the other owners lost interest. (1) there were no more QB to be had and (2) having a stud RB and WR putting up 20 fantasy points per week were still no match for a team with 2 QB in the upper 30s.

That sucks, redraft totally different than dynasty in that regard too - there's zero ways to incentivize an elite QB owner to make a trade in redraft. You can at least sell off your future to get one in dynasty.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, back to the other dynasty league and trading for Barkley.

His team...

QB - Kyler, Carr, Fields
RB - Barkley, Devin Singletary, AJ Dillon, Ke'Shawn Vaughn
WR - DK Metcalf, Thielen, McLaurin, Gallop, Shenault, Nico Collins
TE - Hurst, Tonyan, Pat Freiermuth

My team...

QB - Dak, Hebert, Stafford
RB - Chubb, Mixon, Jacobs, Swift, J. Robinson, Gordon, Etienne, Michael Carter
WR - Julio, Golladay, Evans, Robbie A, Jeudy, S. Shepard, Mike Williams
TE - Waller, Engram, J. Smith

Plus I have an extra 1st round pick in 22 and 23.

He likes Mixon and we have been spitballing Mixon, Carter and something else (1st next year, which I would push to be the later of my 2 picks) for Barkley. Checked a couple dynasty calculators and one likes it for me, the other thinks it is too much. Was also considering JRob, Etienne, and Mixon, but neither calculator likes that for me. I hit him up to see if he likes Jacobs more than Mixon, but haven't heard back yet.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR - Julio
I would consider moving Julio Jones.
His days with Matt Ryan appear to be over. And some of his "reported" or speculated, landing spots do not appear to be as favorable (such as TEN, SEA, and NE). I hear that SF is in the mix, which would be an interesting reunion with Shanny. But at 32, and coming off another injury-plagued season, his best value might just be the big chunk of your Barkley trade capital.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon, Carter and Julio with no pick? I could see if he was into that. I offered the RBs and my 2nd and he is pushing for a 1st. He says he wants to post a message on the league board about it, but I think he is trying to.pressure me into bumping that 2nd to a 1st. I told him to go ahead and see what is out there. Honestly, the group isn't all that active on the trade front and the ones who are can't afford to give up 2 starting RBs at all. And more power to him if he gets a better deal.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon, Carter and Julio with no pick? I could see if he was into that. I offered the RBs and my 2nd and he is pushing for a 1st. He says he wants to post a message on the league board about it, but I think he is trying to.pressure me into bumping that 2nd to a 1st. I told him to go ahead and see what is out there. Honestly, the group isn't all that active on the trade front and the ones who are can't afford to give up 2 starting RBs at all. And more power to him if he gets a better deal.
Mixon, Carter and Julio for Barkley is more than fair imo.
I still like Mixon too.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no interest in Julio. He offered Barkley for Mixon and Jacobs. I told him, I would want another piece if I gave up both of them. I had been giving him the choice between them, along with Carter and my 2nd. Thought about maybe changing Carter to JRob and Etienne and nixing the pick altogether, but still not sure about that.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no interest in Julio. He offered Barkley for Mixon and Jacobs. I told him, I would want another piece if I gave up both of them. I had been giving him the choice between them, along with Carter and my 2nd. Thought about maybe changing Carter to JRob and Etienne and nixing the pick altogether, but still not sure about that.

I’d pull the reigns on Barkley with the recent news on him being less than ideal. Mixon and Jacobs is too much for me, though if you were to get top notch Barkley, you wouldn’t miss them. If he agrees to add a piece, I wonder if it could be a WR upgrade for you where you add Robinson and get DK, or you add Jeudy or Williams or Shepard and get McLaurin?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just offered Barkley for Mixon and Swift. I think he would take any 2 of those 3 (Mixon, Jacobs, Swift) and they are pretty close in value. Still leaning towards getting something else. Pretty sure I could get a DT thrown in, but not sure if that is enough. I doubt he would come off one of his WRs for an upgrade. Maybe Theilen, but he loves DK and he is a WFT fan, so I doubt he gives up Mclaurin.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just offered Barkley for Mixon and Swift. I think he would take any 2 of those 3 (Mixon, Jacobs, Swift) and they are pretty close in value. Still leaning towards getting something else. Pretty sure I could get a DT thrown in, but not sure if that is enough. I doubt he would come off one of his WRs for an upgrade. Maybe Theilen, but he loves DK and he is a WFT fan, so I doubt he gives up Mclaurin.

I'd rather give up Carter, Gordon, JRob, or Jacobs instead of Swift. Maybe even Etienne, not sure there yet.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Swift is sure hard to project.

I still have a hard time giving full value to a semi healthy Barkley. Then again, a fully healthy Barkley is much more costly than a hard to project, but high potential Swift and an oft injured, up and down roller coaster Mixon.

I’m riding the fence on this one. Not sure what would push me over in either direction. Maybe IDP...
Sorry

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting down to the nitty gritty here with this Barkley deal. It looks like he is willing to take 2 RBs (or 3 if I choose to package JRob and Etienne together) and a WR for Barkley and a better WR. Those 2 RBs could be Mixon, Jacobs or Swift

A

Barkley
McLaurin

for

Mixon (or Swift)
Jacobs (or James Robinson AND Etienne)
Robbie A

Am I better off holding onto the Jax combo and seeing what happens there? How would you guys rank Swift, Mixon and Jacobs? Is McLaurin a good enough upgrade over Robbie Anderson to make it work for me? Should I try to throw in a DT on his side? I do have a slight need at DT and he has 2 good ones and would be willing to part with 1.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting down to the nitty gritty here with this Barkley deal. It looks like he is willing to take 2 RBs (or 3 if I choose to package JRob and Etienne together) and a WR for Barkley and a better WR. Those 2 RBs could be Mixon, Jacobs or Swift

A

Barkley
McLaurin

for

Mixon (or Swift)
Jacobs (or James Robinson AND Etienne)
Robbie A

Am I better off holding onto the Jax combo and seeing what happens there? How would you guys rank Swift, Mixon and Jacobs? Is McLaurin a good enough upgrade over Robbie Anderson to make it work for me? Should I try to throw in a DT on his side? I do have a slight need at DT and he has 2 good ones and would be willing to part with 1.

I guess I’d choose Swift and Jags combo. And yes, I’d say McLaurin is an upgrade over Anderson.
But Mixon/Swift is a coin flip. Mixon hasn’t seemed to stay healthy.... Swift still has the what if factor (good or bad).