• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My offseason thread...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's not possible or no, I shouldn't look to do that?

I know it is not likely that Williams slips that low, but it definitely is possible. Realistically, I think I am looking at Waddell and Smith being the picks.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB - Kyler, Carr
RB - Barkley, Devin Singletary, AJ Dillon, Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Kalen Ballage
WR - Hopkins, Thielen, McLaurin, Gallop, Courtland Sutton, Shenault, Watkins, Bryan Edwards, Scotty Miller
TE - Hurst, Tonyan, J. Reed

he had 9 WRs pre trade? thought max was 8

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's not possible or no, I shouldn't look to do that?

I know it is not likely that Williams slips that low, but it definitely is possible. Realistically, I think I am looking at Waddell and Smith being the picks.

I'd be trying my damndest to pkg those picks together and move into the top 6, or even top 4, that way you land 1 player you know will stay on your roster.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was just joking, I think it is possible you see Smith slide, would be shocked to see either Etienne or Williams make it back to you at 1.7

really can't imagine someone taking Lance or Fields ahead of him, and that's what you'd be banking on assuming the top 6 are:

TLaw, Harris, Etienne, Pitts, Chase, Williams
That is how I figure the top 6 will go, but these guys have thrown some curves before. Here is the first round from last year...

Round 1

1- Team Boothe - JK Dobbins, RB, Baltimore
2- Team Peloquin - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, Kansas City
3- Thunder Struck - Joe Burrow, QB, Cincinnati
4- Team Howard - Jonathan Taylor, RB, Indianapolis
5- Las Vegas Fear (from Was Coast Expendables, through Thunder Struck) - D'Andre Swift, RB, Detroit-
6- Las Vegas Fear (from Say goodbye to Hollywood) - Jerry Jeudy, WR, Denver
7- Team Boothe (from Las Vegas Fear) - Michael Pittman, Jr., WR, Indianapolis
8- Fournetteflix and Chill (from Rumblin Bumblin) - CeeDee Lamb, WR, Dallas
9- Thunder Struck (from Puff Matty, through Las Vegas Fear) - Cam Akers, RB, LA Rams
10- Mahomes Boys - Justin Jefferson, WR, Minnesota
11- Team Andrews - Henry Ruggs III, WR, Las Vegas
12- Fournetteflix and Chill - Cole Kmet, TE, Chicago

I had 6 and 7 (and traded 9) last year and I didn't think I had a chance to trade up to 5 and land Swift (I was trying like hell to get to 4 for Taylor.)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be trying my damndest to pkg those picks together and move into the top 6, or even top 4, that way you land 1 player you know will stay on your roster.
By the way, I did get your PM and will work on that later today or tonight.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you start 10 IDP... and no IDP players were taken in the first round?? that is shocking to me... but i will say i dont know IDP well...

but looking at last years picks, i doubt that you will get a top 5 offensive value with your picks... it will likely look similar to the rookie drafts we had on this board...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you start 10 IDP... and no IDP players were taken in the first round?? that is shocking to me... but i will say i dont know IDP well...

but looking at last years picks, i doubt that you will get a top 5 offensive value with your picks... it will likely look similar to the rookie drafts we had on this board...
Isaiah Simmons and Patrick Queen went 2.2 and 2.3.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. I think Devin White went around the same spot... 2.2 or 2.3 or so.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Trevor Lawrence is going number 1.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this dynasty league is starting our rookie draft this weekend. Slow draft. To recap the details...

12 team .5 PPR league with a bunch of IDPs. We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex and 10 IDPs. There are also a lot of bonus points for long TDs and yardage milestones. My offensive roster...

QB - Dak, Hebert, Stafford
RB - Chubb, Mixon, Jacobs, Swift, J. Robinson, Gordon, Gio, Booker
WR - Julio, Golladay, Evans, Robbie A, Jeudy, S. Shepard, Mike Williams
TE - Waller, Engram, J. Smith

I have picks 1.7, 1.9 (I originally thought it was 1.8, but I was wrong), 2.9, and 4.9. Honestly thinking BPA at 7 and 9 and hoping a few QBs go early. We have limits on positions which comes into play here. 3 for QBs and TEs and 8 for RBs and WRs. So, any QB, RB or TE I take would require me to drop someone from that position. RB-wise, I have no need for Booker or Gio anymore since they were basically cuffing Jacobs and Mixon and have moved on to new teams. But if I draft a QB or TE, I would have to drop one of mine to do that. Stafford is by far my worst QB right now (good problem to have), so it would be hard for me to draft a QB since I would not want to just throw him away. I have talked to the dude who was trying to trade up to 3 earlier this offseason for Pitts and he is interested in either of my 1st round picks and has acquired the 11th pick. He has tossed out talk of his 2nd (2.7) and his 1st next year for 1.9 if there is nobody that I like there. I think my "nightmare" scenario is that no QBs get taken and I am looking at Trevor Lawrence at 1.7. I would try to scramble and trade one of my QBs for something and take TL or work out a deal with someone for the pick.

I'm not really in love with anyone from this class to be honest. I was texting my buddy who has the #1 pick and thinking about making an offer to him, but really, who would I pick if he said yes? I don't have any holes on offense and I probably have Ja'Marr Chase as my #1 ranked guy in the class. I do like Javonte Williams and he makes sense as a cuff for Gordon as does Etienne as a cuff for JRob. But should I try to trade up for one of those guys or not worry about a cuff and shoot for Najee? It is possible that one of those RBs falls to 7 and 1 of the top 3 WRs (actually, I doubt it would be Chase) falls to 9 and I end up with something like Williams and Smith or something.

is there no interest in 1.7, 1.9 and player for really good player?
Upgrade Gordon, Anderson, Shepard, or Jeudy?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there no interest in 1.7, 1.9 and player for really good player?
Upgrade Gordon, Anderson, Shepard, or Jeudy?
There could be. I sent a league email that said I was open for anything

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Trevor
2. Najee
3. Pitts
4. Chase
5. OTC

At 7, it is possible that Ettiene or Williams will fall to be. I glanced over the rosters and I seriously doubt either team goes QB, but I could also see either or both of them going WR. If it goes RB RB, I think I could end up with Smith and Waddell at 1.7 and 1.9. The guy at 1.8 has Big Ben and nothing else at QB. I could see him going Fields or Wilson.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waddle fell to me in my other league at 10.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took Etienne at 7. Otc at 9 now and the guy at 8 took Waddell. Trying to decide between Carter and one of the WRs.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took Etienne at 7. Otc at 9 now and the guy at 8 took Waddell. Trying to decide between Carter and one of the WRs.

Carter.

I can’t see how you can’t trade a RB for a better-than-rookie WR by September.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter.

I can’t see how you can’t trade a RB for a better-than-rookie WR by September.
Took Carter and that is my exact plan. Dangled Mixon to a couple guys and have some talks going already.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What should the asking price be for Mixon?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was burned by Mixon last year with his injuries. But he is a 20-touch RB. Literally only a handful of them. I wouldnt trade him. Even for Mixon haters, not sure his value is in line with his asking price now anyway.

Im slowly joining the dark side on the WR-RB issue. Seems like owners are always chasing RB. Committees, injuries, etc are part of it. But we see even NFL teams constantly adding RB. I just dont see a real commitment to the position anymore as NFL teams/coaches may lean on the hot hand. Each year gets cloudier. WR though, a good one can stabilize that spot on your roster for several years.