• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My college football previews 2014

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E&feature=kp]Prediction - Pain.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome in Wamu !
Sit back & enjoy Dolgie's College Football Preview - it's getting good

Thanks LvilleSooner. The CFB season can't get here fast enough.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa State

Preview segment: The Iowa State University Cyclones

Last season: The Cyclones was another team that knew 2013 wasn't going to be fun after they lost to Northern Iowa. NORTHERN IOWA?!?:L
The "fun" year ended with Iowa St. going 3-9, but in 2014 they're going in with a winning streak (look it up)!

Good news: Hang on a minute... How did Iowa St. get itself all those good offensive players? I mean, the offensive line has a lot of experience and the WR's can stretch the field easily.

Bad news: Depth on defense is a little sketchy thanks to the front seven getting gutted by 3 defensive tackles leaving, and the secondary isn't that better off. And yes the offense is good, but it needs to be WAY more consistent.

Key games: 8/30 vs. North Dakota State (Hey Cyclones, need I remind you that these guys are the 3-time FCS champions, and will be tough even with a lot of dudes leaving? And the fact that you lost to Northern Iowa last year and your fans doesn't want that to happen again? Okay, just making sure you guys in Ames understand).
9/13 @ Iowa (Yet another fun installment in the Cy-Hawk rivalry series is expected here; the last 3 games has been decided by 7 points or less).
10/18 @ Texas (With the Sooners game after this, Iowa St. needs to show the drive that almost got Texas's former coach Mack Brown fired last year).

Bottom line: With so many teams jocking for position in the Big 12, the Cyclones are once again fighting a uphill battle. Unless they pull a upset or too, I can't see them going anywhere this year, even WITH the great Paul Rhodes guiding them.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor

Preview segment: The Baylor Bears

Last season: In 2008 when Art Briles started at Baylor, everyone (even their own athletic department) thought "Ho hum, just another dude that'll get his career ruined in this black-hole of a football team".
6 years later Baylor's offense had spawned RG3, the Bears are Big 12 champs for the first time ever with a 11-2 mark in 2013, and other teams see Baylor as a actual threat rather than "Yawn, let's beat these guys and get on with our lives". Yeah, so if I'm Baylor I would never, EVER let Briles go.

Bad news: Baylor's 2013 defense was serviceable enough; the only time it looked awful was that O.K. State game. Now 7 dudes from that side of the ball are gone, and the secondary will miss the bulk of those guys.

Good news: But remember folks, defense is only a myth in the Big 12. And the front seven of the defense may be the biggest surprise Baylor will spring on their opponents. Wait, you want to hear about the offense? Fine. It'll go like this thanks to Heisman contender Bryce Petty: Touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown... I think you get the point.

More bad news: In this new playoff era, enhancing non-conference slates will be key for the big programs. But look at Baylor's 2014 non-conference slate: SMU, Northwestern St., and at Buffalo. I'm not picking on Baylor for this (because other big schools have equally weak slates [*cough* Vanderbilt *cough*]), but if the Bears stumble in conference play a playoff berth will be out of the question because of it.

Key games: 10/4 @ Texas (This rivalry is now fun, and it could get SUPER fun this year; both teams are getting chippy with each other. Oh, and last year this game decided the Big 12 title).
10/11 vs. TCU (Speaking of Texas rivalry games, this one could see TCU catching the Bears napping... or maybe Baylor will remember how close they came to losing to the Frogs in Fort Worth last year).
11/8 @ Oklahoma (This game is the very reason why this conference will be SO HARD to pick a winner in [at least for me]. On the one hand you'll have the Baylor offense that'll be running great, a defense that'll have confidence, and the fact the Bears beat the Sooners last year. On the other hand the game's in Norman, the Sooners defense will be primed and ready to extract revenge, and we saw what Trevor Knight can do in a big game. All this means one thing: I NEED to watch this).
11/22 vs. Oklahoma State (See my Oklahoma State preview).
11/29 vs. Texas Tech [in Arlington] (Another tricky one, because Baylor could be spent by this game in Jerry Jones's playhouse, and I actually see Texas Tech WINNING games in November this year).

Bottom line: Will Baylor repeat as Big 12 champs? Oh, Bryce Petty's telling me yes, but a rebuilding secondary and an angry Oklahoma squad's telling me no. Wait, I just remembered something: Oklahoma will have a smaller margin of error with their QB and their offense, so you know what? I've got Baylor repeating as champs by a nose.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas

Preview segment: The Kansas Jayhawks

Last season: Since 2009, NOTHING has gone right for this football team at a basketball school called Kansas. And it was miserable again with a 3-9 record and a offense that went over 20 points twice. Sadly for Charlie Weis, that meant he was fired.
Well actually, he fired himself as offensive coordinator and Kansas is adapting a new look offense that will HOPEFULLY give the Jayhawks some optimism.

Good news: The secondary looks to be the strongest unit on the whole team as it has experience and depth. Also, the RB unit will look to improve an offense that ranked 117th overall last year.

Bad news: Kansas is another team that'll have issues at THE most important position: QB. Their planned starter Montell Cozart must show he can complete more passes accurately, and the defense (despite returning 9 starters) is still an issue of concern. Oh yeah, and one of their big running threats Darrian Miller got booted off the team a couple of weeks ago.

Key games: 9/13 @ Duke (Always a hoot when Bill Self takes on Mike... wait, this isn't basketball).
10/4 @ West Virginia (Last year's win over the Mountaineers ended Kansas's TWENTY-SEVEN conference game losing streak. Guarantee you West Virginia will remember this embarrassment).
11/8 vs. Iowa State (Definitely the best chance Kansas will have to win a Big 12 game this year).
11/29 @ Kansas State (Over the last 4 years, K-State has OWNED the Jayhawks. One of these days, it'll come back to haunt them).

Bottom line: This will be a strange year for Kansas football; they'll have a better team than the first 2 years under Weis, but going TO Oklahoma and Baylor will not be fun, as will dealing with everyone else in the Big 12. However, there IS a chance for Kansas to NOT finish last in the Big 12... if the passing game wakes up.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma

Preview segment: The Oklahoma Sooners

Last season: Sooner fans were so nervous about their beloved team entering 2013; Landry Jones was gone and Bob Stoops had fired 3 assistants the season before.
Then the Sooners went 10-2, got invited to the Sugar Bowl, and in 1 night returned themselves to national title contention for 2014 and made Trevor Knight a household name and a Heisman candidate. How? By shocking Alabama, that's how.

Good news: You wanna know why I agonized over who would win the Big 12 in my Baylor preview? Because of the defensive talent the Sooners have; it has depth, talent, and big-time speed, especially the defensive line. Even worse for Sooner opponents, the O-line will be strong too (which is good news for Knight).

Bad news: People, let's all CALM DOWN about Trevor Knight, okay? Before the Sugar Bowl, he played in 5 games and couldn't get any form of consistency. Look, he'll be fine (He beat Alabama, for crying out loud), but there's NO WAY he's winning the Heisman... at least not in 2014. Oh, and the running backs will have the same problem Knight has: They're talented, but they gotta develop quickly to push Oklahoma back to the national title.

Key games: 9/13 vs. Tennessee (I don't how good the Vols will be this year, but regardless this will be a big game. That means we'll see Knight's first real test in his Heisman campaign).
10/4 @ TCU (The Sooners will have 2 weeks to prep for this, but this will be a hard road trip none the less. Why? It won't just be the Frogs defense...)
10/11 vs. Texas [in Dallas] (it'll be THIS gem right afterwards. And the Longhorns won't care that the Sooners are angry after last year's stunning 36-20 loss; they'll be ready to go as always. But hey, it gets worse...)
10/18 vs. Kansas State (...as Oklahoma's recent pet peeve Kansas State will be waiting for them back in Norman! It'll be a miracle if the Sooners wins all 3 of their games in October).
11/8 vs. Baylor (See my Baylor preview).
12/6 vs. Oklahoma State (Like I said earlier, if Oklahoma is in or near the Big 12 throne room by this game, the Cowboys will have no chance).

Bottom line: After a couple years of middling around, Oklahoma seems to be back in the elite faction of CFB teams that they've been in for a long time. A "Big 6" bowl will definitely have Oklahoma in it, but will the Sooners appear in the first-ever College Football Playoff?
Well I have Baylor winning the Big 12, so no.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia

Preview segment: The West Virginia University Mountaineers

Last season: One terrible, sick, awful truth was revealed during West Virginia's 2013 season: That maybe going to the Big 12 wasn't the best idea in the world. They went 4-8 as they choked in most of their big games while being forced to rotate 3 QB's in their offense, and now I think if things don't improve, maybe they should leave and find another conference.

Good news: The skill positions on offense and the offensive line looks solid enough.

Bad news: Wait wait wait, West Virginia. You're STILL having problems picking a Day 1 starter at quarterback? Maybe that's why attendance at home games have dropped significantly over the last 20 months.

Key games: 8/30 vs. Alabama [in Atlanta] (There's nothing wrong with a good early challenge to get the team's juices flowing for the season, but Alabama?! If the game's not over by the 4th quarter, it'll be a miracle).
9/20 vs. Oklahoma (This has actually become a fun series between the Mountaineers and the Sooners, and 2014's game is in Morgantown).
10/18 vs. Baylor (Fans of offensive-minded football just LOVE this game; 2013's game between the two had a combined 115 points, and that STILL was a lower score than 2012's).

Bottom line: Coach Dana Holgorsen REALLY needs to show everyone in Morgantown that he still knows how to coach up a big-league program. Pardon my cynicism, but I just don't think he can do it, especially with all the leapfrogging that's now happening in the Big 12.
But I'll end this preview with a suggestion to West Virginia: Maybe you should join your old friends Syracuse and Pittsburgh in the ACC. I don't care how much money it takes, or if the ACC must kick someone out and bring you in, just make it happen.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Christian

Preview segment: The TCU Horned Frogs

Last season: Yes TCU went 4-8 and didn't make a bowl game for the first time in over a decade, but let's not panic here. They almost shot down K-State, Baylor, and the Sooners, and I think they can surprise this year if Gary Patterson comes up with some new tricks.

Bad news: Oh, great! Another Big 12 team with QB issues; like West Virginia the Frogs are forced to find a QB during fall camp. And people are starting to get cynical about TCU's chances in the Big 12.

Good news: But if the Frogs DO find a QB, that could be the X-factor they need to truly compete. Mainly because their defense will (once again) have loads of talent, with 9 starters returning.

Key games: 10/4 vs. Oklahoma (The Sooners will have at least one eye on the Texas game after this, and TCU needs to take advantage of not only this, but the game being in Fort Worth).
10/11 @ Baylor (Win or lose, this could be a letdown game for the Frogs).
10/25 vs. Texas Tech (TCU fans knew something was wrong with the Frogs in 2013 when the Red Raiders defeated them 20-10).
11/27 @ Texas (Thanksgiving college football in the state of Texas is alive and well with this match. Yee-haw! Put these rivals on the field and watch the fur fly!)

Bottom line: There are 2 things that I think are essential in the college football world : Momentum and motivation. TCU may not have the former, but they'll have loads of the latter. TCU will return to postseason play this year, and if they slay some of the bigger teams like Texas and Oklahoma, watch out for them in 2015.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Longhorns

Preview segment: The Texas Longhorns

Last season: Some people thought that with the raw talent in Austin, the Longhorns had a chance to win the Big 12. And you know what? They almost did as they stunned the Sooners and only had 1 conference loss before Baylor took them out in the end.
But almost nobody cared about the product on the field; they were too busy throwing fire on Mack Brown and making him uncomfortable (and it worked as he retired after Oregon whacked Texas in the Holiday Bowl). Still, Mack deserves credit for bringing the Longhorns from the realms of mediocrity to a national title and in-state dominance, as well as getting the university it's own incredibly disreSPECTFUL TV NETWORK THAT IS SINGLEHANDLY RUINING COLLEGE ATHLETICS AS WE KNOW IT!! They were like, "Hey ESPN, we'll give you 300 million dollars to promote our university at the expense of ABSOLUTELY EVERY OTHER COLLEGE PROGRAM OUT THERE!" DAMN YOU, ESPN, FOR KOWTOWING TO THESE MISER...

Huh? What, what? Oh, sorry, I got carried away. You see, I have a little hatred for the Longhorns because of their "Longhorn Network" (and because they shouldn't have won the 2009 Big 12 title against Nebraska. "There's time for one more play, my @$$").
Huh? Oh, right right, 2014 for Texas.

Good news: Texas fans should calm down; there's still great talent in Austin like RB Malcolm Brown. Plus, 17 starters return from 2013 which will help with the the transition from Mack Brown to Charlie Strong...

Bad news: ...and David Ash. HA HA HA HA! Longhorn fans still think he can be a good QB? HA HA HA HA HA! Ahem, but in all seriousness Charlie should temper expectations for 2014 simply because of the uncertainty at the QB position; David could lose his job to a youngster very early in the season.

Key games: 9/13 vs. UCLA [in Arlington] (These 2 teams don't play often, but when they do it's always a hoot).
10/4 vs. Baylor (This will be Baylor's first real test of 2014, which may not work out in Texas's favor).
10/11 vs. Oklahoma (The Sooners were only 90% into last year's game, and it showed. Thankfully for 2014's game, BOTH teams will be 100% into this).
11/1 @ Texas Tech (This one's after a trip to Kansas State, and by this time we'll know what Charlie Strong has cooking in Austin).
11/8 vs. West Virginia (These 2 teams put on quite a show last year in Morgantown [that Texas won 47-40]. And it wouldn't have been possible had the Mountaineers not joined because the Big 12 almost self-destructed because Texas weRE BEING GREEDY SELF-INDULGENT MORONS! THEY WERE ALL LIKE "Hey Nebraska and the rest of the Big 12, ---K YOU! WE'RE NOT SHARING ANY OF OUR MONEY WITH YOU GUYS! HA HA!" That forced Nebraska to leave the Big 12, starting the conference carousel that almost RUINED FOOTBALL AS WE KNOW IT! YOU HAPPY NOW, TEXAS, YOU ARROGANT BAS...

Whoa whoa whoa... I let my dark side get the best of me again. :L Okay, where was I...
11/27 vs. TCU (The Longhorns are keeping Thanksgiving college football alive, and everyone's happier for it).

Bottom line: Texas is the ultimate wild card of the whole 2014 season. NOBODY knows what's gonna happen; the talent's still there, but Charlie Strong must prove he can lead this huge program (this isn't Louisville by a long shot, Mr. Strong) and get better play from the quarterbacks.
One thing's for sure: We'll all be watching, and so will 5-star recruits that'll want to be part of this mecca in Austin... as well as my dark side.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Tech

The final preview segment for the Big 12 Conference: The Texas Tech University Red Raiders

Last season: For the last 3 years, Texas Tech football has gone like this: They get off to a strong start, everyone gets excited, and then the Raiders wet the bed as they break down in November. 2013's collapse must have been REALLY hard for the Raiders as they had Kliff Kingsbury proving he can coach a team, an awesome passing attack, and they STILL ended the regular season with 5 straight losses.
If Texas Tech wants to be taken seriously, they GOTTA play a full 12 games this time.

Good news: Wait a minute... 2013 actually ended quite well as thanks to Davis Webb, the Raiders upset Arizona State in their bowl game. Now everyone is anxious to see if Davis can master the Raider offense. He'll get help with a good O-line and VERY fast receivers.

Bad news: Once again, defense is mostly a myth in the Big 12, so Texas Tech's should steel itself for a long season. But a bigger concern for me has to be the special teams, which needs quite a bit of improvement.

Key games: 9/13 vs. Arkansas (An old rival from the Southwest Conference days will be Texas Tech's first challenge of 2014).
9/25 @ Oklahoma State (Texas Tech's first loss was to Oklahoma, but 2013's collapse didn't really start until the Cowboys rattled them in Lubbock).
10/25 @ TCU (The Raiders would REALLY love to repeat last year's beating of the Horned Frogs...)
11/1 vs. Texas (...because this big game is right afterwards).
11/29 vs. Baylor [in Arlington] (See my Baylor preview).

Bottom line: With Texas rebuilding and not too many other Big 12 teams with a big-shot quarterback, the time for Texas Tech to return to being a threat in conference is now. They don't have to win the Big 12 this year (and they won't), but if the Raiders start winning in November, watch out!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for the Big 12

My predictions for the Big 12 Conference:

1. Baylor (Conference champs, "Big 6" bowl game)
2. Oklahoma ("Big 6" bowl game)
3. Kansas State
4. Texas Tech
5. Texas
6. TCU
7. Oklahoma State
8. West Virginia
9. Iowa State
10. Kansas

Hmmm... you know what? I think I have something for you guys tomorrow: People that'll run for the Heisman (because lord knows you love that trophy race).

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preview segment: The Texas Longhorns

Last season: Some people thought that with the raw talent in Austin, the Longhorns had a chance to win the Big 12. And you know what? They almost did as they stunned the Sooners and only had 1 conference loss before Baylor took them out in the end.
But almost nobody cared about the product on the field; they were too busy throwing fire on Mack Brown and making him uncomfortable (and it worked as he retired after Oregon whacked Texas in the Holiday Bowl). Still, Mack deserves credit for bringing the Longhorns from the realms of mediocrity to a national title and in-state dominance, as well as getting the university it's own incredibly disreSPECTFUL TV NETWORK THAT IS SINGLEHANDLY RUINING COLLEGE ATHLETICS AS WE KNOW IT!! They were like, "Hey ESPN, we'll give you 300 million dollars to promote our university at the expense of ABSOLUTELY EVERY OTHER COLLEGE PROGRAM OUT THERE!" DAMN YOU, ESPN, FOR KOWTOWING TO THESE MISER...

Huh? What, what? Oh, sorry, I got carried away. You see, I have a little hatred for the Longhorns because of their "Longhorn Network" (and because they shouldn't have won the 2009 Big 12 title against Nebraska. "There's time for one more play, my @$$").
Huh? Oh, right right, 2014 for Texas.

Good news: Texas fans should calm down; there's still great talent in Austin like RB Malcolm Brown. Plus, 17 starters return from 2013 which will help with the the transition from Mack Brown to Charlie Strong...

Bad news: ...and David Ash. HA HA HA HA! Longhorn fans still think he can be a good QB? HA HA HA HA HA! Ahem, but in all seriousness Charlie should temper expectations for 2014 simply because of the uncertainty at the QB position; David could lose his job to a youngster very early in the season.

Key games: 9/13 vs. UCLA [in Arlington] (These 2 teams don't play often, but when they do it's always a hoot).
10/4 vs. Baylor (This will be Baylor's first real test of 2014, which may not work out in Texas's favor).
10/11 vs. Oklahoma (The Sooners were only 90% into last year's game, and it showed. Thankfully for 2014's game, BOTH teams will be 100% into this).
11/1 @ Texas Tech (This one's after a trip to Kansas State, and by this time we'll know what Charlie Strong has cooking in Austin).
11/8 vs. West Virginia (These 2 teams put on quite a show last year in Morgantown [that Texas won 47-40]. And it wouldn't have been possible had the Mountaineers not joined because the Big 12 almost self-destructed because Texas weRE BEING GREEDY SELF-INDULGENT MORONS! THEY WERE ALL LIKE "Hey Nebraska and the rest of the Big 12, ---K YOU! WE'RE NOT SHARING ANY OF OUR MONEY WITH YOU GUYS! HA HA!" That forced Nebraska to leave the Big 12, starting the conference carousel that almost RUINED FOOTBALL AS WE KNOW IT! YOU HAPPY NOW, TEXAS, YOU ARROGANT BAS...

Whoa whoa whoa... I let my dark side get the best of me again. :L Okay, where was I...
11/27 vs. TCU (The Longhorns are keeping Thanksgiving college football alive, and everyone's happier for it).

Bottom line: Texas is the ultimate wild card of the whole 2014 season. NOBODY knows what's gonna happen; the talent's still there, but Charlie Strong must prove he can lead this huge program (this isn't Louisville by a long shot, Mr. Strong) and get better play from the quarterbacks.
One thing's for sure: We'll all be watching, and so will 5-star recruits that'll want to be part of this mecca in Austin... as well as my dark side.

:pound: Well done.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dudes up for the Heisman

As Colin Cowherd once said, it's impossible to predict who'll win the Heisman before the season starts (and search "Colin Heisman" on YouTube to see what I mean). With that said, here are some people you can look at as possible candidates.

Baylor QB Bryce Petty: He delivered Baylor a Big 12 title last year, and he'll be going to New York for the Heisman ceremony if he does it again.

Florida State QB Jameis Winston: It's law in college football that if last year's Heisman winner returns for another year, he's automatically the favorite to do it again.

Marshall QB Rakeem Cato: These days, mid-major candidates are becoming more popular with the voters (like Jordan Lynch last year). Since Marshall's going to a "Big 6" bowl this year, Rakeem will be the mid-major Heisman hope.

Oregon QB Marcus Mariota: This guy's the only reason (in my opinion) why Oregon can overcome a disappointing 2013 and get in the 4-team playoff.

The best player from Alabama: The Crimson Tide player that has the best year in Tuscaloosa will get invited to New York. Trust me on this.

Hope you enjoyed this, 'cause starting Monday I get back to real business with the start of my Big 10 preview.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State

The first preview segment for the Big 10 Conference: The Penn State Nittany Lions

Last season: For the second year in a row, Penn St. surprised a lot of people with a winning record despite the bowl ban and the scholarship reductions. Problem is, Bill O' Brian saw a NFL job open up after the season and he got the hell out of State College quick.
Enter James Franklin, who now must deal with not just Penn State's problems, but a redesigned Big 10.

Good news: NFL fans, say hello to Christian Hackenberg: Your new amazing super franchise quarterback of the future! He'll have help with a good RB crop and a fine defensive front seven. As for James, come on, people! He won at VANDERBILT, for crying out loud! It doesn't matter if he's not a "Penn St. guy"; Bill O' Brian wasn't one, and how well did HE do?

Bad news: James may be bringing a winning formula from his Vanderbilt days, but he's also got some unsavory baggage (Google "James Franklin" for the details). Plus scholarships may be coming back to Penn St., but the bowl ban is still on them for 2 more years. And depth will soon become a BIG issue, especially on the offensive line.

Key games: 8/30 vs. UCF [in Dublin, Ireland] (This will be a showcase game for both squads, but unlike UCF, Penn State must play a game the SECOND they return to America [Akron]).
10/11 @ Michigan (The Nittany Lions get 2 weeks to prep for the Wolverines, and they'll need it; Michigan will be hot over Penn St. ruining their 2013 season).
10/25 vs. Ohio State (Man, talk about lucky. Penn St. gets 2 weeks to prep for this one, too. I think Christian will put on a performance here that'll make all the NFL scouts drool all over their shoes).
11/1 vs. Maryland (Old school Penn State fans will surely reminisce about this rivalry and about how many times they smacked the Terrapins [The Terps have only beaten Penn St. once. Thanks to Maryland joining the Big 10, the rivalry is back... and Maryland will remember all of those beatdowns).
11/29 vs. Michigan State (Luck is on James's side. This year he hosts both Ohio St. AND Michigan St. Beating either one of them would be huge for him and Hackenberg).

Bottom line: Christian is the real deal, but with Penn St.'s 3rd coaching staff in 4 years and their depth issues, a middle-of-the-road finish seems likely.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland is not a rivalry. You said it yourself. 1 win.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord man...this is deep. Do you write for a sports blog/site?

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, this and Facebook are the only places I share my thoughts on this great sport. Why, do you know any good ones?