• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Must just have missed the outrage

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"All the trolling you're doing". like what, this one thread? :drama:

As for the rest, when the game goes to OT and you have a takeaway while inside the 30 yard line of the other team...yeah, I'd say that was an important play. Not the reason they lost, obviously, but important. Even a FG changes the game.

I pointed out to you at that time that ALL of the threads had very few Seahawk posts in them compared to Dallas, Lions, and other fans. Listed the numbers for you. For whatever reason it was just their posts that you keyed on and went crazy over.

As for me, well you said it was those fans now saying it happens in every game that were saying the fix was in before. I was the one saying the former so where was I saying the latter? If not then it wasn't 'the same fans'. I said it happens in every game after both the Lions and GB/Dallas games too. I always think overall officiating is ridiculous in this league. And always think you need to leave no doubt and no room for their fuck ups to take away your wins. Said that after the Steelers/Seattle SB too and if I can say it then you have no steam here.

:suds:

I'm sure we could go play by play and look for all of the missed calls, but it won't change the outcome and Dallas will still be at home watching the SB.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it just two Seahawks that were on that stupid shit with the lions thing? Anointed one and someone else? It sure wasn't most of us.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pointed out to you at that time that ALL of the threads had very few Seahawk posts in them compared to Dallas, Lions, and other fans. Listed the numbers for you. For whatever reason it was just their posts that you keyed on and went crazy over.

As for me, well you said it was those fans now saying it happens in every game that were saying the fix was in before. I was the one saying the former so where was I saying the latter? If not then it wasn't 'the same fans'. I said it happens in every game after both the Lions and GB/Dallas games too. I always think overall officiating is ridiculous in this league. And always think you need to leave no doubt and no room for their fuck ups to take away your wins. Said that after the Steelers/Seattle SB too and if I can say it then you have no steam here.

:suds:

I'm sure we could go play by play and look for all of the missed calls, but it won't change the outcome and Dallas will still be at home watching the SB.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it just two Seahawks that were on that stupid shit with the lions thing? Anointed one and someone else? It sure wasn't most of us.

What you pointed out where who the top posters were, which I never disputed. There were more SEA fans posting about it, which has always been my contention. I wasn't "keying" on anything other than there would be 5 to 6 SEA posts in a row, from different fans, all crying about the same thing.

To the bold, your logic chain broke down. I said the same fans who were saying the fix was in are now saying it's no big deal. That is is no way the same as what you claim, which is that the same fans now saying it's no big deal were the same one saying the fix was in. There is a big difference there.

Still not sure what this has to do with Dallas. When I asked why SEA fans were so pissed I was told it had nothing to do with their team and just with the NFL. Now it has to do with the team. :noidea:

And no, it was more than two of you.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fess up, It was me. I was the retarded one who thought Jerry had pictures of the officials from that bus trip. And I very likely said something like the fix was in. My reason, is because cowboys fans had been trolling seattle for weeks and it was time for them to get some of their own. I still think Detroit got hosed. Shit happens. Cowboys fans want to dish it out all day but get real butthurt when someone gives it back to them.
Is this the right place to remind cowboys they beat seattle in seattle? They were trolling that in multiple threads. Did they really think they would not get it returned?

butthurt-butthurt-everywhere.jpg

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spoke the Cowboys fans after we beat the Super Bowl champs at home and told them we should keep it a secret. But somehow it got out.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there any flack or crying? :noidea:

The seattle crying over the Dallas-Detoit game was pretty intense and exactly the same scenario here. The Dez catch wasn't a penalty situation, so you missed on that dismissal. :whistle:
Yes, we were very vocal. The next day the NFL report validated our postion on that play.
Next you probably want to talk about the fail Mary.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're learning a lot about these fans since the comeback. And not much of it is encouraging.
You are right. After a game like that those that are true fans should just forget about this game entirely and just move on. Hopefully no Seahawk fans ever bring this game up in future conversations.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spoke the Cowboys fans after we beat the Super Bowl champs at home and told them we should keep it a secret. But somehow it got out.
Sadly for you they do not value what you say. That game was their SB for the year. You can't really blame them.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think having the ball in scoring position and taken away because of a missed call had an effect on the outcome of a game that went into overtime?

:csb:

Look, if you Seattle fans want to be two-faced, that's fine. Just own it.

Exactly the play goes over if called and is possible they may have scored a TD being that close to the goal line. If not a TD then a short field goal and that makes Crosbys last kick the game winner.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fess up, It was me. I was the retarded one who thought Jerry had pictures of the officials from that bus trip. And I very likely said something like the fix was in. My reason, is because cowboys fans had been trolling seattle for weeks and it was time for them to get some of their own. I still think Detroit got hosed. Shit happens. Cowboys fans want to dish it out all day but get real butthurt when someone gives it back to them.
Is this the right place to remind cowboys they beat seattle in seattle? They were trolling that in multiple threads. Did they really think they would not get it returned?

butthurt-butthurt-everywhere.jpg

I missed the Dallas fans trolling y'all, not sure why we would do that.

As for Dallas getting real butthurt, I don't remember anyone reporting posts or crying because there were too many mean things being said about our QB in the NFL General forum. Talk about butthurt!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we were very vocal. The next day the NFL report validated our postion on that play.
Next you probably want to talk about the fail Mary.

Nope, I want to talk about the missed offsides on a turnover.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the play goes over if called and is possible they may have scored a TD being that close to the goal line. If not a TD then a short field goal and that makes Crosbys last kick the game winner.

Oops, you spoke ill of Seattle. Get some buttpaste ready.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"All the trolling you're doing". like what, this one thread? :drama:

As for the rest, when the game goes to OT and you have a takeaway while inside the 30 yard line of the other team...yeah, I'd say that was an important play. Not the reason they lost, obviously, but important. Even a FG changes the game.

How so? The Seahawks coughed it up on the next series and the Packers would up in better position.

I don't see how this one play had much impact at all.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ This ^^^

That's what makes this game so great. No real controversial calls that decided the game. No one to blame but the team for GB.

Dallas fans can be as ass red as they want to be. I mean it was Seattle's fault they lost somehow right?

Going to be a looooooon off season for some folks up here. No doubt about it.

Ya know, I have liked Seattle for a long time and all that but you are making it so damn hard to cheer for them. Gah!

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incompetent or "crooked" refs, under-inflated balls, the NFL is "fixed" and not in a socially responsible way, either (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). Who in the name of pink pork wanted this super bowl match-up? Hmmm?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? The Seahawks coughed it up on the next series and the Packers would up in better position.

I don't see how this one play had much impact at all.

This game went to over time...

While it's impossible to predict what would have happened if a different sequence of events occurred, I don't see how anyone can downplay the significance of an officiating mistake that most likely would have resulted in at least a field goal for Green Bay.

Yea, I'd say those 3 points may have had a big impact on the outcome considering the fact that the winner was decided in over time.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game went to over time...

While it's impossible to predict what would have happened if a different sequence of events occurred, I don't see how anyone can downplay the significance of an officiating mistake that most likely would have resulted in at least a field goal for Green Bay.

Yea, I'd say those 3 points may have had a big impact on the outcome considering the fact that the winner was decided in over time.

I'd say a play that occurred early in the 1st quarter is largely meaningless to the outcome of the game. Especially which led to the Packers getting the ball in better position 3 plays later.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say a play that occurred early in the 1st quarter is largely meaningless to the outcome of the game. Especially which led to the Packers getting the ball in better position 3 plays later.

How do you figure?

I'm not disputing that Green Bay had plenty of time left to seal this game. But I don't see how anyone can't see the obvious, that a big play can occur at any point in the game. The ramifications of said play can significantly alter the course of the game, and especially when talking about such a close game, the outcome of the game can be changed by such a crucial play. We're talking about changing a non-scoring drive to a scoring drive in a game that was decided in over time. How is that not significant?

What does Sherman's interception have to do with Wilson's interception 3 plays later? You're saying that one event caused the other event to happen 3 plays later?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is manufactured controversy from a butt-hurt fan. Hours and hours of coverage by the talking heads about this game the last few days, not a single mention of this supposed no-call that I've seen. Not one.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure?

I'm not disputing that Green Bay had plenty of time left to seal this game. But I don't see how anyone can't see the obvious, that a big play can occur at any point in the game. The ramifications of said play can significantly alter the course of the game, and especially when talking about such a close game, the outcome of the game can be changed by such a crucial play. We're talking about changing a non-scoring drive to a scoring drive in a game that was decided in over time. How is that not significant?

What does Sherman's interception have to do with Wilson's interception 3 plays later? You're saying that one event caused the other event to happen 3 plays later?

You can make the exact same argument about every missed or blown call by the refs. You are dealing with hypotheticals and with hypotheticals anything can happen. Russell Wilson gets hit in the head on the 2nd drive and it isn't called. So instead of a 5 yard penalty, he gets picked. Who knows what would have happened if the penalty was called?

The truth is, that missed call had a negligible effect on the game.