• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have We Hit The Bottom Yet?

VulturesRule

Enhanced Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been away from active posting for a while. Covid, other life events have impacted the amount of time available. And now that I have a chance to peek in, it looks like the number of active posts has really dwindled. I know it's not because there are no fans in the stands, but in a way, it's like as the number of people who can be at the stadium went down, so did the activity on this board.

Makes me wonder - have we finally hit bottom? The 0-16 season would have been it, but there were still a bunch of optimists (me included) that stalked and posted. It's a bit like being in AA - "Hi, my name is Jim, and I'm a Lion's fan." - is the franchise finally to that point? I hope so. I'm facing retirement soon, and I'd like it to be a time to enjoy giving my neighbors shit about their teams. I work in MN (Vikings are on the decline big time this year) and live in WI (those guys in Green Bay seem to be doing well) - and Chi fans are few and far between here. Annoying as hell, but avoidable.

It's really a quandry - do I cheer the victories or curse the mediocrity? What will it take to move on from being those lovable losers, the butt of most jokes. Even Cleveland is almost respectable. The mistake by the lake. A team from Ohio.

Sigh.....

Thanks for putting up with my drivel. I'll go away for a while and ponder if Broncosmitty is right and we just clear them all out.

VulturesRule

Enhanced Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Monday the franchise has added a retread DE, but this section of the board has not had a post. Methinks the evidence is starting to pile up.

Hmmm......

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been a ghost town. Many of us just dont think they will finish the season. Most dont want to watch games that are not going to count.
I am still watching and posting here and there.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been a ghost town. Many of us just dont think they will finish the season. Most dont want to watch games that are not going to count.
I am still watching and posting here and there.

Yup need a break from the lions every once in awhile my last one was the year the Bucs won the SB. You know how I feel about BQ, but if the Lions turn it around and get 9 wins or more it would be stupid to fire him at that point.

As far as the Griffen acquisition goes its a wait and see he looked like shit in Dallas, but it may have just been a poor scheme fit. Knowing our luck he'll probably contract covid on the flight up or get hurt and end up on IR

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my sights are on Byron Leftwich.

I'm on board with this.

I'm going to assume many on this board's first thought would be that he has no HC experiencing and somehow that negates him. They are quite a few current HC that were in that same situation that have been successful.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be a black coordinator.

You take a free third rounder when they're giving them away.

And I'd follow Leftwich to the gates of hell if he asked me to. Dudes a leader.

I had the TV on ESPN before even the pregame show on Thursday, and they were talking about how the Lions fired a successful black coach to bring in a good old boy white guy that was friends with all the right people.

As true or not as it may be, and as often as people here have mentioned it, the moment I heard talking heads on ESPN doing a whole segment on that inner Patricia was a dead man walking. Honestly I still think its 80-20 that he doesn't survive beyond Monday. That's just not a look you can survive, being called openly racist right now.

But he clearly lost the team last year, they 100% gave up on him. I had never seen a coach survive that before but he somehow did, and just as clearly has never gotten them back. This team started the year having already given up.

So yes it has to be a black coach, I don't think they've even earned the option of hiring the best man for the job.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been away from active posting for a while. Covid, other life events have impacted the amount of time available. And now that I have a chance to peek in, it looks like the number of active posts has really dwindled. I know it's not because there are no fans in the stands, but in a way, it's like as the number of people who can be at the stadium went down, so did the activity on this board.

Makes me wonder - have we finally hit bottom? The 0-16 season would have been it, but there were still a bunch of optimists (me included) that stalked and posted. It's a bit like being in AA - "Hi, my name is Jim, and I'm a Lion's fan." - is the franchise finally to that point? I hope so. I'm facing retirement soon, and I'd like it to be a time to enjoy giving my neighbors shit about their teams. I work in MN (Vikings are on the decline big time this year) and live in WI (those guys in Green Bay seem to be doing well) - and Chi fans are few and far between here. Annoying as hell, but avoidable.

It's really a quandry - do I cheer the victories or curse the mediocrity? What will it take to move on from being those lovable losers, the butt of most jokes. Even Cleveland is almost respectable. The mistake by the lake. A team from Ohio.

Sigh.....

Thanks for putting up with my drivel. I'll go away for a while and ponder if Broncosmitty is right and we just clear them all out.
I hate to say but you've been dragging along the bottom for a long time now.

I don't get it. It seems like every team has a year or two where they hit their stride and have some degree of success. But not you guys. Even with Barry Sanders you were still shit. I think it is lack of a premiere/elite QB but I don't know. I thought Stafford was that guy. Turns out he isn't, or the rest of the team around him is just so bad you can't tell.

I'm not a Lions fan by any stretch but if ever there was a team I'd like to see get up on top for a while it's you guys.

As a lifelong Vanderbilt fan I understand your pain.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say but you've been dragging along the bottom for a long time now.

I don't get it. It seems like every team has a year or two where they hit their stride and have some degree of success. But not you guys. Even with Barry Sanders you were still shit. I think it is lack of a premiere/elite QB but I don't know. I thought Stafford was that guy. Turns out he isn't, or the rest of the team around him is just so bad you can't tell.

I'm not a Lions fan by any stretch but if ever there was a team I'd like to see get up on top for a while it's you guys.

As a lifelong Vanderbilt fan I understand your pain.

It has always been coaching and management/ownership. The Lions always hire either the insider guy or the Rooney rule reject. Just hire the best people for the job and everything else will take care of itself.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be a black coordinator.

You take a free third rounder when they're giving them away.

And I'd follow Leftwich to the gates of hell if he asked me to. Dudes a leader.

Lions would not get one. The team we hired the coordinator from would.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the TV on ESPN before even the pregame show on Thursday, and they were talking about how the Lions fired a successful black coach to bring in a good old boy white guy that was friends with all the right people.

As true or not as it may be, and as often as people here have mentioned it, the moment I heard talking heads on ESPN doing a whole segment on that inner Patricia was a dead man walking. Honestly I still think its 80-20 that he doesn't survive beyond Monday. That's just not a look you can survive, being called openly racist right now.

But he clearly lost the team last year, they 100% gave up on him. I had never seen a coach survive that before but he somehow did, and just as clearly has never gotten them back. This team started the year having already given up.

So yes it has to be a black coach, I don't think they've even earned the option of hiring the best man for the job.
Good call!

They didn't even make it thru Saturday!

This a great da..., well, a better day than normal to be a Lions fan.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit, that's actually going to hurt black dudes in the HC market.

I still want Leftwich, even if it actually helps Tampa.

Yeah, the entire planet outside of the NFL can see how terrible of a plan this is. Who wants to give the opponent a free 3rd?