• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Rest Of Season Thread 2021

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Tyler Anderson stepping the hell up!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0.5 out. This is quite unbelievable. And dare I say, quite deserving of a postseason spot.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I post in the scenario for how the M's would be able to sneak into the postseason, I pretty said that I don't see a scenario where 2 out of the 3 AL East teams would collapse. We're not quite there yet, but these guys are winning at an unbelieve pace and teams in the AL East are collapsing.... It's why you play the game and at this point, it'd be a damn shame to keep these guys out of the playoffs.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Orioles no hitter came at a surprising time earlier this year. I'll settle for a mere shutout tomorrow!

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Orioles no hitter came at a surprising time earlier this year. I'll settle for a mere shutout tomorrow!

Nobody remembers getting no-hit twice early in the season when you get red hot at the end of September.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always going to look at the Pecota projection for this one. This team could potential be 20+ above the projection. Unreal. This would get Servais a handful MotY votes if not win it.

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Mariners make the playoffs this year if you have said anything like Dipoto doesnt know what he is doing, Servais needs to be fired, we should have traded Julio Rodriguez and that ownership doesnt care about acquiring talent. You guys all need to write on a full apology on these boards.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Mariners make the playoffs this year if you have said anything like Dipoto doesnt know what he is doing, Servais needs to be fired, we should have traded Julio Rodriguez and that ownership doesnt care about acquiring talent. You guys all need to write on a full apology on these boards.

Or "They've clearly given up."

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners are trending at #6 on Twitter. Shiz is getting real final few games of the season. Glad to have some excitement this late in the season.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said Jerry doesn’t know what he is doing, I think most negative people on it hate the way he is doing it and he is a condescending asshole. Servais still needs to be fired, we all love them to be in the playoffs but the reason they do not have a playoff spot locked up right now is his handling of the pitching staff. He is a bench coach not a manager. I don’t think one single person argued that Julio needed to be traded.

No one ever said ownership doesn’t want acquire talent, it has always been they won’t raise the budget or acquire high priced talent.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work and life has bogged me down a bit the last few weeks so I havent been able to get on here as much.

I think I can safely say no matter how the next few days go, im pretty proud of how this team has fought to give themselves a chance. They are definitely not the most talented bunch but they have found a way more often then not. At the very least they will go into the weekend with a shot.

Feels different then 2014/2016 as we kind of limped down the stretch those years as oppose to being on our best run at a good time.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t speak for everyone on here but being here long enough, I think I can say there is a fine line between being real negative and passionate about this team.

I’d say the passionate is part is more true. We hate losing and want our team to do well. People wouldn’t be here bitching and moaning if they aren’t passionate.

I rather we be this than be a homer and pretend everything will be okay. It’s been a damn long time.

And no, no one on this board owes anyone a fking apology. They have our money, so put out a respectable product. Good on them that they Finally did it. But owe an apology? Please!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, one good season does not make up for the many bad ones. Not unless they make it to the playoffs and win a World Series.

This team will have some things to think about this off-season as well. Do they pick up Seager’s option and how do you handle Haniger’s contract?

These two guys are clearly the producers this year. Where will the offense be next year and beyond without them?

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, one good season does not make up for the many bad ones. Not unless they make it to the playoffs and win a World Series.

This team will have some things to think about this off-season as well. Do they pick up Seager’s option and how do you handle Haniger’s contract?

These two guys are clearly the producers this year. Where will the offense be next year and beyond without them?
WORD

I honestly will feel no different about the Ms season than my already impressed version I currently have ... even IF they make it into the playoffs with a wild card game playoff. Unless they WIN the WC game and advance to a legit post season best of 5 game series, THEN they have made the playoffs ( to me )

Yea some may think that is harsh, but who really gives a shit about a 1 game ( loser goes home playoff birth ? ) Not me - that's for damn sure.
Do I hope they make it to the WC game playoff ? Well hell yes I do ! But they have to WIN that 1 game playoff to truly be in the post season in my eyes.

1/2 game out with a few to play ... just Refuse to Lose and I think they make it to the 1 game with NYY it appears. Maybe some wierd tie breaker has them play an extra game to see who plays the Yankees in the WC game ??

And yea I ain't got any apology to anyone ... i have given the Mariners approx $1 million ( true dat ) in season tickets over the past 20 or so years. Some years alone were right at $100K - others in the early years were maybe $20-30K. I ate alot of tickets due to their BS on field AA performance.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were to approach me on the street a month ago and tell me that we'd be THIS CLOSE in the Wild Card running, I'd have given some kind of phrase to insinuate you were insane. A minus run differential and an MLB basement batting average are two things that would make the concept seem laughable at that point.

I will say this, though: the fact that they managed to clinch a winning season is impressive as it is. But to be THIS CLOSE down the stretch...I gotta admit, that's damn impressive! Not sure the fate that would await us, either in these last few games prior to it all or who we would face in the early rounds, but okay, I gotta admire their getting this far.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a roster that came into the season without one single All-Star caliber player on it from the previous year, they have been simply amazing. Far from perfect, but they get it done somehow each night more times than not. I know a lot of fans pooh pooh the idea of playing for each other is a thing, but sometimes it is. These guys truly enjoy winning for each other. You can see that and hear that in their comments. Some teams use extreme talent, we have gone 'we are the world' method. Regardless of the finish, the players deserve all the credit in the world for never giving up on each other. Good for them. Good for them. Love it.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a roster that came into the season without one single All-Star caliber player on it from the previous year, they have been simply amazing. Far from perfect, but they get it done somehow each night more times than not. I know a lot of fans pooh pooh the idea of playing for each other is a thing, but sometimes it is. These guys truly enjoy winning for each other. You can see that and hear that in their comments. Some teams use extreme talent, we have gone 'we are the world' method. Regardless of the finish, the players deserve all the credit in the world for never giving up on each other. Good for them. Good for them. Love it.
Agreed ... winning isn't everything, it's the ONLYTHING.

Nearly every player in the Ms dugout has a fat wallet, they want to WIN and advance into October and play for all the marbles. That is where legends and true baseball history lies in wait of those lucky enough to take the field in mid October.

Maybe young kids 5-6-7yr old play for fun and love of the game, but I coached 5 years of LL ball with 13-14 year olds, and let me tell you ... winning is all that mattered with the kids ( and parents ). Thank goodness my teams all had a crazy .900+ win %. So it was good times for those 5 years in Stilly Valley LL. I will never forget the dejected look on our opponents kids faces when my team would 10 run mercy rule them in the 5th inning and the final score would be something similar to 27 to 3. And that's after I called the dogs off with my take no extra base rule unless a ball is batted in play. No exaggeration at all.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are 26th in .OPS and is somehow winning 88 games. That's stat out of left field.
They are also winning a ton of 1-run games. Everything kinda points to be a bit fluky.