• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Rest Of Season Thread 2021

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so for example.........
robbie ray..L/L..........==105 mil
edmondo sosa..ss/2b..st louis...... trade...........

then..they could still..trade for............ beer or .....rivas..which is replacing...marmo..both would be better..cuz ya have 2 chances..but then ya need a ss at tacoma
in the below trade i go for perdomo..at the same time..i go for beer......
then trade with for sosa....

so it is enough..to trade for 2...ss/2b guys..and 2 1b/dh...clearing.....sheffield, dunn,Margevicius,Hill,
Darren McCaughan.Dylan Moore,Shed Long,Jonatan Clase

and
un fortunatly..i included
Anthony Misiewicz..which is the only guy i would be ..sorry..to...trade..cuz the mainers need to move on from those other guys
and then.............................brash takes over for dunn..and at 105 mil...you can go get syndergaard..for around 20 mil..++++++++numbers bonus
october 9, 2021

Cubs

NameAgeLevelP1P2AvailablilityYearsAFVSalarySurplusLowMedianHigh
HillMinorsRHP0.30.20.30.4
Margevicius25MajorsSPMedium4.02.31.40.90.60.91.2
RinehartMinorsRHP0.40.20.40.6
RizzoMinors3B0.30.10.30.5

Total Value: 1.90​

Mariners

NameAgeLevelP1P2AvailablilityYearsAFVSalarySurplusLowMedianHigh
Rivas24Majors1BMedium6.04.32.51.81.41.82.2

Mariners GET

Mariners & Diamondbacks » Baseball Trade Values
Seth Beer...1B/dh..major/AAA
Tyler Holton,,,LHP
Geraldo Perdomo...ss,,maors/AAA

Diamondbacks GET

Mariners & Diamondbacks » Baseball Trade Values
Jonatan Clase
Shed Long
Darren McCaughan
Anthony Misiewicz
Dylan Moore
Justus Sheffield
Total Value: 18.40
Total Value: 18.30
NamePositionMTV ($Ms)
FletcherOF3
Sosa2B15.4

Total Value: 18.40​

NamePositionMTV ($Ms)
DunnSP8.4
ThenRHP4.9
TrammellOF5.1

Total Value: 18.40​

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this would solidify..the mlb team...........and somewhat streamline..the minors..with the..............international signings in january..then spring..

then the mlb draft in june....then alll star ..then trade deadline..in july

tac rotation.

MattBrash
P
ARK322.131010110055.03215133023801.00.162
Roenis Elías
Penn Murfee 37\
Ian McKinney 19

StevenMoyers

P
ARK422.83217000054.04218173114481.04.219
who they have not called up yet

Ray Kerr 45...maybe..they might be making him into a closer................lord help us...lol..a left handed closer..
but with these guys as a start...they would figure out the rest......
then above for arkansas rotation and aqua sox..and so on............

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i lkie ss/2b..in international..and outfield ,catcher.............and in the mlb draft..ss/2B..pitchers..then outfields...one more Hs catcher..1 more HS..SS..
and more..HS pitchers..and maybe..2 or 3 collage pitchers..starters..then..........FIRE...FOR........effect..........PULL the TRIGGER

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole idea..is to keep the catchers coming..2 at dsl..international.per year..if possible..then 1 hs catcher per year..at AzL...then when and if..

they get to ...modesto....then...ok
but same with HS pitchers ya like to get 2 a year....rolling out of AZL......and maybe one HS ss/2B type per year..anyway..

ya never get it perfect......................you just keep working on it all the time..........lolol

a good example..

AZL has
1 HS catcher
and one
international catcher.
.for that year..would be ok...3 is better

whether ....the ...extra guy..is HS or international..does not really matter...as long as they are the best..ones the mariners..could get.......

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah and it is that 3rd year..that you should see the result..if it is working............cuz those guys would be going..to modesto..that year.....
with 4 years to go..........
for HS and international...in theory...anyway..i can think....of about 20,000...ways that it could get messed up....but yeah..that is the idea......anyway...

Charlie Welch - Baseball - Arkansas Razorbacks

#19 Charlie Welch​

C | Jr. | 6-0 | R/R | 205 | St. Petersburg, Fla. / Jefferson HS / St. Johns River State College

and arkansas..now at AZL

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem dealing top prospect for studs because you can't get studs just anywhere. Trading them for half a season of Scherzer w/o an extension upon the trade would give me big pause. I definitely would have done it if we had actually had a true offseason with adding talent and all. Since we didn't, I would have probably only traded for controllable stars. Kind of like the Cano signing. Sign him if going for it, great. Signing him and doing nothing else, nothing.

WAR By Position
LF = 28th at .1
CF = 25th at .6
RF = 11th at 2.5

Our only outfield position that produced was RF and he is on his last year. I think the OF with it's huge ability to produce runs by a position needs huge improvement. Maybe that is just one stud LF, but something.

Catcher upgrade would be nice, but not as easy to do and as long as they are good defensively and you build a lineup around them you can live with it. 2B and 3B would probably be either or. I don't see them moving on from Toro and SS and 1B are locked in.

An Ace...Yes please but sounds like Dip is concentrating on offense. And there is zero trust by me when it comes to the pen. How often do veteran RP's come out of nowhere and become year to year studs? Rarely. One year wonders? Happens more than we think.
I am not trying to say you build an organization around not blocking anyone. But Julio Rodriguez is going to be a starter or at a minimum be called up very early, Kelenic is going to be a starter regardless. I just don’t see OF as a need at all.

With catcher at a minimum they need a good veteran to be back up since no way does Raleigh catch more than 4 days a week. I would still prefer Raleigh be the backup.

I don’t think getting a 2B and 3B is giving up on Toro is it just a position in the FA market they can get. I think Toro is definitely apart of the everyday lineup but IMO as a fan I prefer him to be a starter without a defined position much like Dylan Moore. Though 1B is going to be interesting. France proved he can be an everyday 1B, Evan White has yet to prove he can hit.

Pitching is the number 1 priority. They have Marco, as we have all said, is not the guy in a win or go home game we want pitching. Gilbert is there, then a crap load of unknowns. Are Kirby and Hancock ready, who is comfortable with Sheffield and Dunn back. With Flexen and the pen, are we really comfortable dudes with no record of doing what they did year can have another great campaign. Positives are Munoz and Giles coming back but also that could toss a monkey wrench into the bullpen as there probably won’t be assigned roles in the pen until May.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not trying to say you build an organization around not blocking anyone. But Julio Rodriguez is going to be a starter or at a minimum be called up very early, Kelenic is going to be a starter regardless. I just don’t see OF as a need at all.
I heard a lot of people say that last offseason as well, and I believed then we needed to add. We ended up with one of the worst production outfields in the league. Hoping a 21 year low level guy makes them even average is a lot to ask for.

Time to start over improving then playing for the least and hoping for the best.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox accused Astros of stealing signs at home. This came after the Astros struck out 16 time in yesterday's game and they struck out this same amount in 2 games at home.

I think this is some heavy shit from the White Sox without actual proof. If anything, this is probably a tactic to get under the Astros skins after being down in the series.

I wouldn't want to wake the Astros up to be honest, they are already talented enough without having to cheat.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want to wake the Astros up to be honest, they are already talented enough without having to cheat.
Yet they did...and got away with it with a nice shiny trophy.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you know. Accused the Astros and they come into an elimination game and buried you. That was such a bad idea.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a lot of people say that last offseason as well, and I believed then we needed to add. We ended up with one of the worst production outfields in the league. Hoping a 21 year low level guy makes them even average is a lot to ask for.

Time to start over improving then playing for the least and hoping for the best.
But last year was different in the OF last year than this year. Last year you had Kyle Lewis as the only healthy OF. Coming into this year you have LF locked up with Kelenic and so far RF locked up with Haniger. But you have a ROY CF coming back and the number 1 prospect in baseball. Trading Lewis/Haniger plus White then I can see the need for an OF because an extra OF/DH is open. It is a lot to ask for two sub 22 year olds, but IMO the rebuild is a waste and the Mariners have zero chance of making the playoffs if they plan to rebuild the entire offense around FA’s because if you aren’t comfortable with the rotation of Kelenic, JRod, Lewis and Haniger then you are asking for 7 new offensive starters outside of Crawford and France.

Improving for sure, but that is also assuming none of the young guys improve as well. If Jerry can’t count on his young guys improving then how can he be the guy in charge of determining which FA’s to get?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But last year was different in the OF last year than this year. Last year you had Kyle Lewis as the only healthy OF. Coming into this year you have LF locked up with Kelenic and so far RF locked up with Haniger. But you have a ROY CF coming back and the number 1 prospect in baseball. Trading Lewis/Haniger plus White then I can see the need for an OF because an extra OF/DH is open. It is a lot to ask for two sub 22 year olds, but IMO the rebuild is a waste and the Mariners have zero chance of making the playoffs if they plan to rebuild the entire offense around FA’s because if you aren’t comfortable with the rotation of Kelenic, JRod, Lewis and Haniger then you are asking for 7 new offensive starters outside of Crawford and France.

Improving for sure, but that is also assuming none of the young guys improve as well. If Jerry can’t count on his young guys improving then how can he be the guy in charge of determining which FA’s to get?
Disagree

And I don't think he should be in charge of that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree

And I don't think he should be in charge of that.
Lol ok, but we are living in what it is. Had they fired Jerry this off-season would be different than essentially giving a dude a one year prove it extension.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox may have been trolling everyone with their “struggles” to close out the regular season. They are smacking the Astros around good this series.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Stros have been playing terrible ball, both offense and defense have sucked and the bo sox are making them pay for it. Today's game in Boston should be interesting. Game 1 was a fluke imo :noidea: :suds: :thumb:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think OF needs to be addressed still. Specifically someone that can cover CF. As much as I love and believe in a healthy Lewis, he's produced less then a season worth of games at this point in his career. I am not saying they need to sign someone worth $20+ mill a year but at the very least even a utility body that can cover there a little bit. Haniger I'd prefer to be the primary DH.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lost LJay for nothing. Hate those moves.