• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Rest Of Season Thread 2021

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, with 16 games remaining, the M's absolutely cannot lose more than 4 of those 16 games and the other contenders have to play poopy ball for the M's to even get close to a wild card run. Ain't gonna happen, so, onward and upward. 2022 or bust. :pound: We're already broken so a bust is a must. :D Go Hawks :thumb: Go Kraken :thumb: RIP Mariners, but it's been a good run IMO

thatsallfolks.jpg

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking to have a little bit of fun with some scenarios and how the M's can potentially make the playoffs.

M's 16 games remaining.
Yankees 15 Games remaining
Boston 14 Games remaining
Toronto 16 games remaining
Oakland 16 games remaining
Astros 16 games remaining

1) Assuming M's win out and all other opponents goes .500.

• M's 94 wins
  • Astros 94 wins
  • Yanks 90 (giving Yankees 8-7 remaining record)
  • Sox 90
  • Jays 90
  • A's 87

M's win WC and make it to playoffs under this scenario (M's lose out division because of head-to-head record against the Astros).

2) Assuming M's wins 80% of their remaining games and opponents goes .500

• M's 91 wins (giving the M's 13 wins out of 16)
  • M's also win WC under this scenario.

3) Assuming M's wins 75% of their remaining games and opponents goes .500

• M's 90 wins.
  • Under this scenario there is a 4 way tied for the WC between Yankees, Sox and Jays.

-------

It would appears that the M's will have to win 3/4th of their remaining games to have a legit shot. Obviously this is assuming all opponents goes .500 the rest of the way. It's a tough hill to climb considering you're banking on 3-4 teams to do that. I just don't see a scenario where if they don't win more than 75% of their remaining games that they'll have a chance.

The Yankees closes out the season with a very very tough schedule against Boston, Toronto, and TB
The Redsox Still have 9 games remaining against the Orioles and Nationals. Two last teams.
The Jays still have 9 game remaining against the Orioles and Twins. Two last place teams.

So for their opponents, I don't see a scenario where the Red Sox and Jays will go .500 considering their remaining opponents.

Last edited:

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking to have a little bit of fun with some scenarios and how the M's can potentially make the playoffs.

M's 16 games remaining.
Yankees 15 Games remaining
Boston 14 Games remaining
Toronto 16 games remaining
Oakland 16 games remaining
Astros 16 games remaining

1) Assuming M's win out and all other opponents goes .500.

• M's 94 wins
  • Astros 94 wins
  • Yanks 90 (giving Yankees 8-7 remaining record)
  • Sox 90
  • Jays 90
  • A's 87

M's win WC and make it to playoffs under this scenario (M's lose out division because of head-to-head record against the Astros).

2) Assuming M's wins 80% of their remaining games and opponents goes .500

• M's 91 wins (giving the M's 13 wins out of 16)
  • M's also win WC under this scenario.

3) Assuming M's wins 75% of their remaining games and opponents goes .500

• M's 90 wins.
  • Under this scenario there is a 4 way tied for the WC between Yankees, Sox and Jays.

-------

It would appears that the M's will have to win 3/4th of their remaining games to have a legit shot. Obviously this is assuming all opponents goes .500 the rest of the way. It's a tough hill to climb considering you're banking on 3-4 teams to do that. I just don't see a scenario where if they don't win more than 75% of their remaining games that they'll have a chance.

The Yankees closes out the season with a very very tough schedule against Boston, Toronto, and TB
The Redsox Still have 9 games remaining against the Orioles and Nationals. Two last teams.
The Jays still have 9 game remaining against the Orioles and Twins. Two last place teams.

So for their opponents, I don't see a scenario where the Red Sox and Jays will go .500 considering their remaining opponents.
All of the above scenarios are exactly why the Mariners should not have LOST 4 of their past 6 games. 2 of those losses were the worst team in all of MLB. The other 2 losses were a against a team they are in a playoff race with.

It all adds up to an organizations inability to close out an other wise fairly nice season on a positive note.

The Mariners have not had any serious core player(s), via trade or any other means, with any serious post season pedigree. Very likely because any player with post season pedigree has zero intention of playing for the Seattle Mariners as they know that means they sit at home every October.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the above scenarios are exactly why the Mariners should not have LOST 4 of their past 6 games. 2 of those losses were the worst team in all of MLB. The other 2 losses were a against a team they are in a playoff race with.

It all adds up to an organizations inability to close out an other wise fairly nice season on a positive note.

The Mariners have not had any serious core player(s), via trade or any other means, with any serious post season pedigree. Very likely because any player with post season pedigree has zero intention of playing for the Seattle Mariners as they know that means they sit at home every October.
Yup. And one thing I didn’t really mentioned was the A’s tough schedule as well. They have 7 games left against the M’s and 6 against the Astros. I’d say that it’s almost too difficult for the M’s to win out, so the likely scenario is they just win 75% of the remaining games and hope the East teams flop. The A’s and M’s are literally on the same sinking boat and the A’s have to have the exact same scenarios.

Losing to the Diamondbacks is starting to sting.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for the slow start they would probably have made the playoffs but they needed the time to progress, they are a much better team now than they were early in the season.
With a few additions next year they could be pretty good.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for the slow start they would probably have made the playoffs but they needed the time to progress, they are a much better team now than they were early in the season.
With a few additions next year they could be pretty good.
Take away all those bullpen starts and they are right there. No excuse for them.

Additions are definitely needed. We don't know if our #1 RBI guy will be back. We don't know if Haniger (our #2 RBI guy) will stay healthy two years in a row. And can a patched bullpen bring it again? I do think we have bullpen help waiting to join up next year there than a stud LH. I know we need a stud #1 SP. I also know know we need the first two things to happen again and add 2 legit MLB hitters to the mix. We will know by March where this ownership/management goes.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Mariners sent RHP Justin Dunn on a rehab assignment to Tacoma Rainiers.\

Washington Nationals designated SS Adrian Sanchez for assignment.

Tampa Bay Rays designated RHP Shawn Armstrong for assignment.
Vince Velasquez

Vince Velasquez #67​

• P
  • B/T: R/R
  • 6' 3"/212
a guy..... how...you use him...makes...a diff

Philadelphia Phillies released RHP Vince Velasquez.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, with 16 games remaining, the M's absolutely cannot lose more than 4 of those 16 games and the other contenders have to play poopy ball for the M's to even get close to a wild card run. Ain't gonna happen, so, onward and upward. 2022 or bust. :pound: We're already broken so a bust is a must. :D Go Hawks :thumb: Go Kraken :thumb: RIP Mariners, but it's been a good run IMO

View attachment 280203
I'd prob say 2023 at the least. Since we're hosting the All-Star Game that year, it'd be nice to have a goal and the roster that's actually willing to TRY for it by then.

Yes, I do realize who we're talking about here.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win! Jays down, Sox won, Yankees won, Astros won, A's leading.

Nice little musical chair we're playing with the remaining games.

3.5GB

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the ESPN playoffs chance thingy. Seattle has a 0.6% chance and Oakland 5.5%. It’s pretty much all AL East fighting for WC spots between New York, Boston, and Toronto at this point.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Records since Trade Deadline:

Toronto 31-17
Yanks. 29-18
Mariners 23-21
Oakland 22-21
Boston. 22-23

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M’s are up and coming, they’re still green right now and probably won’t make the playoffs, not closing the book on that, BUT they’re just a step behind some of these top teams .. They’re not ready for prime time just yet … BUT man I love the direction they’re going, good young ball club … time will tell …

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M’s are up and coming, they’re still green right now and probably won’t make the playoffs, not closing the book on that, BUT they’re just a step behind some of these top teams .. They’re not ready for prime time just yet … BUT man I love the direction they’re going, good young ball club … time will tell …
Devils Advocate: Our top 2 RBI guys are 30+ with one year left on their contracts after this year (Seager has team option). Our bullpen which was our strength was patch worked with veterans who had career years for the most part. That is my biggest worry. Our future core was not the main contributors with the exception of France and Crawford.

Not trying to poo poo your hope, just a worry I have. I am hoping you are right.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you listen closely, ( or not so closely ) you can definately hear that fat lady clearing her throat getting ready to sing to the Mariners. A good season for the M's compared to last two decades imo. :D :suds:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems he is a free agent right now...while a lot of teams are looking for a starter.....i think of him ...going out there on days when kuchi...goes 3 innings
out of bull pen .../.he could be good.....no one else has picked him up either though.......you would think at least...K.C....would pick him up...

Mike Leake

Mike Leake #8​

• P
  • B/T: R/R
  • 5' 10"/165
SummaryStatsNewsAwardsSHOP
  • Michael Raymond Leake
  • Nickname: Drip
  • Born: 11/12/1987 in San Diego, CA
  • Draft: 2009, Cincinnati Reds, Round: 1, Overall Pick: 8

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils Advocate: Our top 2 RBI guys are 30+ with one year left on their contracts after this year (Seager has team option). Our bullpen which was our strength was patch worked with veterans who had career years for the most part. That is my biggest worry. Our future core was not the main contributors with the exception of France and Crawford.

Not trying to poo poo your hope, just a worry I have. I am hoping you are right.
We finally get to see what Haniger is capable of offensively when healthy. Too many we didn’t get many of that.