• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Indians: June 11th - 13th

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the Indians starter clearly didn’t have it in the first inning and Francona pulled him before further damage occurred.
Servais was presented with the same opportunity in the 9th and did nothing. If you want to see the difference between a real manager and someone handed a job for doing nothing, it’s on display this weekend

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott says no.
I don’t listen to 710, but do they always shield him from blame? I’m sure there has been times us fans have blamed him for a game that wasn’t his fault, but you cannot go the otherway and say nothing is ever his fault. It is a silly notion because this is first gig and once he is fired there won’t be any MLB teams who will even bring him in for an interview. Back to being a roving instructor. Just as like with Jerry, when he gets fired or resigns no team is going interview him for another GM job. Maybe head of baseball ops, or a minority stake in the team.

This was squarely on him, Montero doesn’t need to pitch another high leverage situation.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t listen to 710, but do they always shield him from blame? I’m sure there has been times us fans have blamed him for a game that wasn’t his fault, but you cannot go the otherway and say nothing is ever his fault. It is a silly notion because this is first gig and once he is fired there won’t be any MLB teams who will even bring him in for an interview. Back to being a roving instructor. Just as like with Jerry, when he gets fired or resigns no team is going interview him for another GM job. Maybe head of baseball ops, or a minority stake in the team.

This was squarely on him, Montero doesn’t need to pitch another high leverage situation.
I don’t anymore but I see things on Twitter from them. Basically Salk is probably the biggest Servais fan out there and a lot of them take his lead on that.
Regarding Servais, there is a Montero every year on this roster. Someone that is continually put into a high leverage role despite showing you they can’t get the job done. Previous guys are Altavilla, Nicasio, Mark Rscepsnki( def not spelled right), Benoit, etc.
The main problem is Servais isn’t a new manager, this is year 6. I really would like to see this kind of stuff not happening every year with him but man

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine you get paid 6 figures to throw a baseball in 1 direction. Suddenly an easy chopper comes back to you, and with the game on the line, you absolutely crush it!

original

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montero should never have been put out there in yesterday's game. Servais has put Montero out there 13 times and he has blown the saves 6 of those 13 times. Almost a 50% record. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he is NOT a closer. But to be honest, Servais is NOT a rocket scientist, nor is he much of an MLB manager. It's amazing, 6 years into Dipoto/Servais and fans are still waiting for something to happen. Ownership is ruining any chance for baseball to recover in Seattle. Fans will only put up with so much before they tune out baseball all together. Don't mean to be so damn negative, but reality just can't be ignored.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's will need a 5+ lead going into the bottom of the 9th for fans to maybe feel some confidence of taking a W imo

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is one of the few Ms games this season I have sat and watched every pitch ( thru 3 1/2 innings )

My take:

1. Gilbert is a much better pitcher than I gave him credit for. CLE only hit thus far is a check swing inf grounder. He has absolute control of all 4 of his pitches today. he has a nice circle change ( only thrown it 1-2 times today ) He gets a ton of swing and misses on his slider ( clearly his best pitch ) I am not certain if he is a power pitcher ( he gasses it up to the occasional 97MPH - which alot of MLB pitchers cannot ) nor am I sure if he is a finesse pitcher as todays game he is clearly hitting his spots quite well. He mixes up speed(s) and location very nicely and has the CLE bats totally out of sync as every batters timing is off and he is frustrating the entire lineup nicely

2. Kelenic better hope Haniger fouls the next pitch off his nut sack instead of his knee because: once Kyle Lewis is back and Haniger is back their ain't a spot in the outfield open as Jake Fraley MASHES the ball. And plays a decent left field as well.

3. Fingers crossed todays game does not come down to a Servais managerial game decision as we are beating the pants off last years Cy Young winner and taking it to a pretty decent ballclub today with a 'B squad' group of newbies. Saw a stat earlier in the game: 7 Mariners have made their MLB debut this season ( and fans wander why we are not contenders ) We are in desperate need of a couple more veteran players

4. I like how JP Crawford covers the zone and hits line drives to opposite field. Not an overpowering hitter but he is one of those hitters who has a swing that keeps his bat in the zone for a longer period of time, which results in a lot of contact / spray the ball type hitting.

5. Although a nice HR by Seager, he swings and misses ALOT of pitches

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's will need a 5+ lead going into the bottom of the 9th for fans to maybe feel some confidence of taking a W imo
As long as there's a bottom of the 9th, there is always a chance to shit the bed and blow the lead.

"How Much Is Enough?"...it's more than just a Fixx song from the '90s, it's the big question as far as this team goes.

Last edited:

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-2 final. We actually pulled it off.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not want Blowers or Simms jobs. They get paid to call these games and have to watch Servais and this team without being able to say one negative thing about Servais or anything about this team. You probably can imagine what both Blowers and Simms are thinking about the crap that's happening right in front of them but cannot say a word about what they're really thinking. Free speech doesn't count when the organiztion is paying your salary. I'd probably be fired before the end of the first game I was calling. :D

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make this no. 6 added to my post above

6. Shed Long can be thankful the Seattle Mariners exist or he would not be playing Major League Baseball ( no other team would have him on the big league roster.

He gets worse every year ( reminds me of Dustin Ackley - the more at bats and experience he gets, the worse he hits )

Long was decent a couple years ago, although even then I did not care a bunch for him but he hit mid .200s.
He stunk last year hitting far below .200 I am certain and he stinks this year hitting far below .200.
Only the desperate Mariners would march a guy like that onto the field infront of their fanbase.

Ackleys numbers were great the 1st season he was called up in the middle of the summer. Steady at bats ( likely close to 300 plate appearances )
He had good pop hit around a dozen homers ( not bad for 81 games or so - half season ) and his avg was I think a under .300 but nearer to .300 than .250. He could hit big league pitching. Fast forward a year or 2 and his hitting got progressively worse and worse, Shed Long doing the exact same thing ( except Shed Long barely has warning track power )

Unbelieveable

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make this no. 6 added to my post above

6. Shed Long can be thankful the Seattle Mariners exist or he would not be playing Major League Baseball ( no other team would have him on the big league roster.

He gets worse every year ( reminds me of Dustin Ackley - the more at bats and experience he gets, the worse he hits )

Long was decent a couple years ago, although even then I did not care a bunch for him but he hit mid .200s.
He stunk last year hitting far below .200 I am certain and he stinks this year hitting far below .200.
Only the desperate Mariners would march a guy like that onto the field infront of their fanbase.

Ackleys numbers were great the 1st season he was called up in the middle of the summer. Steady at bats ( likely close to 300 plate appearances )
He had good pop hit around a dozen homers ( not bad for 81 games or so - half season ) and his avg was I think a under .300 but nearer to .300 than .250. He could hit big league pitching. Fast forward a year or 2 and his hitting got progressively worse and worse, Shed Long doing the exact same thing ( except Shed Long barely has warning track power )

Unbelieveable
If he’s lucky he can get out of this organization soon and produce elsewhere

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is one of the few Ms games this season I have sat and watched every pitch ( thru 3 1/2 innings )

My take:

1. Gilbert is a much better pitcher than I gave him credit for. CLE only hit thus far is a check swing inf grounder. He has absolute control of all 4 of his pitches today. he has a nice circle change ( only thrown it 1-2 times today ) He gets a ton of swing and misses on his slider ( clearly his best pitch ) I am not certain if he is a power pitcher ( he gasses it up to the occasional 97MPH - which alot of MLB pitchers cannot ) nor am I sure if he is a finesse pitcher as todays game he is clearly hitting his spots quite well. He mixes up speed(s) and location very nicely and has the CLE bats totally out of sync as every batters timing is off and he is frustrating the entire lineup nicely

2. Kelenic better hope Haniger fouls the next pitch off his nut sack instead of his knee because: once Kyle Lewis is back and Haniger is back their ain't a spot in the outfield open as Jake Fraley MASHES the ball. And plays a decent left field as well.

3. Fingers crossed todays game does not come down to a Servais managerial game decision as we are beating the pants off last years Cy Young winner and taking it to a pretty decent ballclub today with a 'B squad' group of newbies. Saw a stat earlier in the game: 7 Mariners have made their MLB debut this season ( and fans wander why we are not contenders ) We are in desperate need of a couple more veteran players

4. I like how JP Crawford covers the zone and hits line drives to opposite field. Not an overpowering hitter but he is one of those hitters who has a swing that keeps his bat in the zone for a longer period of time, which results in a lot of contact / spray the ball type hitting.

5. Although a nice HR by Seager, he swings and misses ALOT of pitches
Great inside. I had to take a day off after yesterday but Gilbert is definitely turning a corner which is arguably more important then anything. Also if Fraley can be an actual decent player that would be welcoming

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great inside. I had to take a day off after yesterday but Gilbert is definitely turning a corner which is arguably more important then anything. Also if Fraley can be an actual decent player that would be welcoming
I am just glad Fraley is allowed to play after last year where it really looked like Jerry’s ego was hurt by whatever he did that put him in the doghouse.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montero should never have been put out there in yesterday's game. Servais has put Montero out there 13 times and he has blown the saves 6 of those 13 times. Almost a 50% record. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he is NOT a closer. But to be honest, Servais is NOT a rocket scientist, nor is he much of an MLB manager. It's amazing, 6 years into Dipoto/Servais and fans are still waiting for something to happen. Ownership is ruining any chance for baseball to recover in Seattle. Fans will only put up with so much before they tune out baseball all together. Don't mean to be so damn negative, but reality just can't be ignored.

Montero = Bobby Ayala 2.0?