• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ A's: Sept 20th - 22nd

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses..this time of year..you need
To win..them all..bs..

Bs ..Pile like Sioux city iowa
Referance...stock yards....and the aroma of tacoma
Which is made by pulp mill..lolo

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you don't know either..

That's some ...darn smelly stuff
..son.....in a pile....
How much ya....skunk ya...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost 4 of their last 5 after their great showing against atlanta and SD

True to the blue.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's that guy been that told us all they needed was Haniger?

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking more and more like they will
Be facing the guardians
. If any..

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking more and more like they will
Be facing the guardians
. If any..
If any.. they would have to have the worst meltdown in the history of baseball and have one of the 3 behind them have an unexpectedly stronger finish to get knocked out.

For example, both of the teams right behind them also lost yesterday.

They will limp in, but looking more likely they end up on the road. With this lineup they may reach the playoffs and not have one single home game for the fans. That's such a mariner thing to do.

They also could still get hot and do more, but to expect that at this point is just foolish.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio back in the lineup. Lets get back on track and sweep these guys
Narrator: They are actually farther off track now and will not sweep these guys.

But seriously why does this team have to make things more difficult then it needs to be.

Why do we make a pitcher throw over 35 pitches in an inning only to have Julio swing at the first pitch and bail him so he can settle in.

Why does our supposed Ace seem to completely lose it when hes dominating on the drop of a time.

There's still time to get it rolling before the playoffs but goodness this home run or bust offense needs to change at least a little because you cannot rely on strictly home runs

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Mariners. They are so funny. Dipoto for GM of the year? I heard calls from the press for Servais as Manager of the Year.
I am more of Servais believer given the rosters he's had and given this teams ability to turn around when they are playing poor.

Dipoto tho? Well the playoffs will happen more because of the expanded field not because of the strength of the roster

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So uh Kirby for Game 1? who says no

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still time to get it rolling before the playoffs but goodness this home run or bust offense needs to change at least a little because you cannot rely on strictly home runs

I had hope during their winning streak that they had beaten the home run or bust nonsense, but they went right back to it after the AS break.

Do we not have a hitting coach? Is no one able to sit guys down and look at film of when their approach was better? Is there nobody that can tell Jrod to just go back to playing loose and trusting his instincts instead of trying to prove he can hit pitches out of the zone?

It just feels like the coaching isn't where it needs to be.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So uh Kirby for Game 1? who says no
I have zero problem with Castillo in game 1. We've seen him in big games and know the moment won't be too big for him. We can't know what Kirby or Gilbert will do in those situations.

You have to put up a known entity for game 1.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero problem with Castillo in game 1. We've seen him in big games and know the moment won't be too big for him. We can't know what Kirby or Gilbert will do in those situations.

Yea it was mainly tongue and cheek. He does seem to play up or down to his competition. Dominates the Yankees, Padres, Cleveland but then has had issue both starts vs the As

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it was mainly tongue and cheek. He does seem to play up or down to his competition. Dominates the Yankees, Padres, Cleveland but then has had issue both starts vs the As
He definitely made mistakes yesterday you just can't have from your 'ace' in key games. Was dominate early, then walked someone on 4 straight pitches and after throwing a FB in on the hands, left a hanging change up right over the middle for a fairly easy ding.

Even great pitchers are going to have bad innings and, or bad games, but we need more from him right now.

This team just needs wins. Doesn't matter if it's the pitching staff or the lineup getting it done, but we can't have both faltering at the same time for multiple games like this.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as it isn't against the A's, we should be fine with Castillo. But I do love Kirby and hope he gets a shot in the playoffs.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Castillo, but man I hear how he is one of the elite like DeGrom or Scherzer but when I watch him I don't see that type even though he can hit 97-98. I think it is his emotionless style. I would love a little more fire instead of just seeing his adjust his hat and hair after each batter. I guess I was spoiled watching Randy and Felix and hoped for that. He ain't quite that.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Castillo, but man I hear how he is one of the elite like DeGrom or Scherzer but when I watch him I don't see that type even though he can hit 97-98. I think it is his emotionless style. I would love a little more fire instead of just seeing his adjust his hat and hair after each batter. I guess I was spoiled watching Randy and Felix and hoped for that. He ain't quite that.
He's probably borderline top 10 this season when right. I definitely would not put him with those other names until he does things consistently.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we get Ray to start tonight, but which will we get? Cy Young Ray or Robbie the Rotten?