• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Angels: Sept 16th - 19th

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
semi related:

What the holy %^&K is wrong with MLB.com when I try to access it using my desk top computer?

I am NEVER going to attempt it again. There is so much cookie action or behind the scenes drain on my computer due to all the various things on the site that my freakin computer freezes up EVERY freaking time I attempt to get on mlb.com and research any articles - watch videos etc etc

UNBELIEVABLE - no other site is so infected with shit that it does that, only mlb.com

rant off :doh:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just fucking walk Trout... I don't get why the Ms keep pittching to this fuck.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it took Wanker all of three batters to miss play a ball and cost Mariners at least 1 run.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
semi related:

What the holy %^&K is wrong with MLB.com when I try to access it using my desk top computer?

I am NEVER going to attempt it again. There is so much cookie action or behind the scenes drain on my computer due to all the various things on the site that my freakin computer freezes up EVERY freaking time I attempt to get on mlb.com and research any articles - watch videos etc etc

UNBELIEVABLE - no other site is so infected with shit that it does that, only mlb.com

rant off :doh:
Unfortunate realitys...these days..
Clear your caches..may help.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanker and his i don't give a fark walk back to the dugout when he strikes out is getting really old.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even bother turning this game on tonight when I checked the lineup beforehand and saw Winker batting cleanup.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the first 7 innings while watching the Huskies. Apparently I didn't miss anything not watching the first 7 innings while watching the Huskies.

Time to deport France.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels are having fun.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly how I expected the first two games to go.

Are we just not gonna make any kind of effort this series? At all?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's just a Mariners thing.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kirby made one helluva an effort

France and Crawford: have both been in an entire season slide after a hot start in which they were both hitting above .300 after around a month of baseball. France has gained so much weight he has limited flexibility at the plate and it affects his swing and power. he has hit very few home runs these past few months after getting to 10HR very quickly early in the season.

Wanker is a Wanker - expect near zero meaningful regular contribution from him moving forward ( this season or next )

Raleigh has made a huge season turn around both offensively and defensive catcher skills.

Haniger is in a slump and unlikely contributes much if anything at all the rest of this season.

Frazier is a ho hum fielder and a meh at the plate. his value is diminished if bats behind him do not blast a HR or hit one to the gap to score him. He has zero base stealing speed and mere avg base path speed. And warning track power only.

Our key winning components and run producers are Suarez and Julio. Julio should be back in a game or 2, should Suarez miss the next 3 weeks of baseball healing a broken finger, I think that has the Mariners at a .500 win % at best down the stretch. If the Orioles get really hot these next 3 weeks they likely catch us for #3 WC spot.

Our pitching staff just lost back to back 1 run games we likely would have won if 100% healthy.

Santana has really come on as of late and is huge these next 3 weeks.

If Haniger can simply hit .270 with some occasional pop, a HR every 3-4-5 games we may be OK without Suarez till / and if playoffs.

Broken fingers are the worst injury for a baseball player, depends on the fracture... but Suarez may be out the remainder of the year. if he is the Mariners are toast as we have no depth and the 1/2 the starting lineup is batting below Mendoza line the past month or so.

I am still hopefull and really want the team to rally, BUT things look pretty grim with Suarez out

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toast? What exactly does that mean? Suarez isn't going to stop them from making one of the WC slots, and probably won't change their seed.

Does it make going deeper in the playoffs less likely? A bit, but they were going to need way too many things to go perfectly to have a deep run even with him.

There can't be anyone left still banging the drum that Dipoto did enough to stock the lineup enough for making a WS run this year.

Their focus has been building for the future. Not just for whatever they can get this year, but building a year in and year out contender. They did not go 'all in' on making a run this year. That was obvious at the trade deadline.

They've built one of the top pitching units in the AL which is a lot harder than finding decent bats that can field. Hopefully payroll isn't the limiting factor in the off season for at least making the lineup competent. We aren't asking for the top lineup in the AL, but you can't compete with the giant holes they have had all damned year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've managed 2 runs over the last two games. Up to Gilbert to stop the slide tomorrow.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody even watched the Mariners today, we all knew they would fold like cheap biaches to the angels.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch, but because I had family things. Had nothing to do with expectations.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toast? What exactly does that mean? Suarez isn't going to stop them from making one of the WC slots, and probably won't change their seed.

'Toast' as in referencing the Mariners 2022 post season aspirations. I was never expecting a 'deep' post season run this year, but I had high hopes thinking 'what if' - Lord knows they have the starting pitching and relievers to hang with any club in a 3-5-7 game series. But if you cannot plate more than a single run due to the fact not enough guys in the lineup can hit high enough average to put together a rally and plate 2-3-4 runs a time or 2 a game. They rely solely on the long ball HR for a vast majority of their runs ( especially the past month or 2 )

Without Suarez for the next 3 weeks ( unsure of prognosis ) coupled with Haniger and France both struggling at the plate lately ( yesterday and today they didn't do squat at the plate ) Not even a hard hit line drive foul from either of them. They are the meat of our line up and look completely fooled each and every at bat I watched from them this weekend.

I am not writing them off, but if they do not get Suarez back and Haniger - France continue to disappoint ... Julio is good but he cannot carry an entire ball club. The Mariners are in real danger of either CWS or Orioles getting hot and playing .575 ball potentially and our race will go from which seed WC we get to if we hold off 1 of those clubs for the #3 WC spot.

I just have a bad feeling in my gut over the situation the team finds itself. All caused by zero depth in the system of adequate talent to pick up for injuries or slumping bats.

Praying we get Suarez back in a couple weeks, I just do not think fractured fingers heal up that quickly and you are back in the lineup and producing at the high level he was previous to busting his finger up ( also his throwing hand ).

Lightning needs to strike a lot of players and they dig deep and sack up and try to play .500 - .525 ball these next couple weeks.
maybe it's a blessing and we take the #3 WC spot and play in CLE a 3 game set vs The Guardians. I like our chances there. Then somehow put a good showing up vs HOU in a 5 game divisional set. I never expected them to get by the Astros this season even with a healthy Suarez and a good hitting Haniger - France combo. HOU has made the playoffs for 5 yrs straight for a reason ( yes they cheated ) but they are a damn good ball club. Far beyond the 2022 Ms right now.

And yes next year can build off this season and hopefully improve and add another key player or 2 ( if ownership opens their purse up )

Lets hope we win a game tomorrow and not get swept over a 4 game set.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert can pitch his little ass off tomorrow, but without any offense, WTF difference does it make.? Hawks sucked today too. Not the best day for Seattle pro sports. PAC 10 has been more entertaining. Go Cougs and Dogs. :thumb:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS: I don't like the daylight hours getting shorter each day either.......:pound::D

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Toast' as in referencing the Mariners 2022 post season aspirations. I was never expecting a 'deep' post season run this year, but I had high hopes thinking 'what if' - Lord knows they have the starting pitching and relievers to hang with any club in a 3-5-7 game series. But if you cannot plate more than a single run due to the fact not enough guys in the lineup can hit high enough average to put together a rally and plate 2-3-4 runs a time or 2 a game. They rely solely on the long ball HR for a vast majority of their runs ( especially the past month or 2 )

Without Suarez for the next 3 weeks ( unsure of prognosis ) coupled with Haniger and France both struggling at the plate lately ( yesterday and today they didn't do squat at the plate ) Not even a hard hit line drive foul from either of them. They are the meat of our line up and look completely fooled each and every at bat I watched from them this weekend.

I am not writing them off, but if they do not get Suarez back and Haniger - France continue to disappoint ... Julio is good but he cannot carry an entire ball club. The Mariners are in real danger of either CWS or Orioles getting hot and playing .575 ball potentially and our race will go from which seed WC we get to if we hold off 1 of those clubs for the #3 WC spot.

I just have a bad feeling in my gut over the situation the team finds itself. All caused by zero depth in the system of adequate talent to pick up for injuries or slumping bats.

Praying we get Suarez back in a couple weeks, I just do not think fractured fingers heal up that quickly and you are back in the lineup and producing at the high level he was previous to busting his finger up ( also his throwing hand ).

Lightning needs to strike a lot of players and they dig deep and sack up and try to play .500 - .525 ball these next couple weeks.
maybe it's a blessing and we take the #3 WC spot and play in CLE a 3 game set vs The Guardians. I like our chances there. Then somehow put a good showing up vs HOU in a 5 game divisional set. I never expected them to get by the Astros this season even with a healthy Suarez and a good hitting Haniger - France combo. HOU has made the playoffs for 5 yrs straight for a reason ( yes they cheated ) but they are a damn good ball club. Far beyond the 2022 Ms right now.

And yes next year can build off this season and hopefully improve and add another key player or 2 ( if ownership opens their purse up )

Lets hope we win a game tomorrow and not get swept over a 4 game set.
Their current woes won't derail their playoff hopes. They are FAR from 'toast' if that was your definition.

Over the last 3 straight games lost, they have dropped from a 99.9% chance of making the postseason, to 99.4%.

Can they lose all 17 of their games left and get in? Probably not. But they also don't HAVE to win 10 of them either.

I get that 'magic numbers' can look worse than they are, but the M's are so far in the catbird seat that it would take the worst meltdown in the history of professional sports to not make it at this point.

The thing people just aren't getting while they are scoreboard watching is the teams above us, and the teams trying to reach us, are all playing each other. Every game between any two of them has a guaranteed drop in the magic number for one or the other. We went from 16 to 14 against Baltimore over the last 3 games and we have no wins over that span. It's going to keep going like that all the rest of the way.

M's lost Suarez and the Angels are hot and just playing better than us this week. Neither of those will prevent or even have a significant impact on making one of the 3 WC slots. They just don't.