• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Whining from an SEC Coach

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State was going to win that game even if all of Alabama's players had their shit straight. You were simply the best team in college football at the end of last season. It wasn't even close. Urban Meyer obviously did a better job than Saban and part of that was keeping all his players focused like a laser during the playoff games. Kudos to Meyer. But it's not unreasonable to think some of Alabama's players were playing in a fog thinking about things other than playing the absolute best they could. That's all Saban was talking about. He looked disgusted when he was making the comments and he faded some of the heat too for Alabama falling short last year......as he should.
I don't argue with you in that there's a good chance the players could have possibly been thinking about that, but it should, in no way, affect the way they play, unless a coach isn't doing his job.

Instead of making the comment he did, he should've said "I failed at making sure my players were 100% dialed in and focused like I should have." I can at least respect that comment, taking personal responsibility for it. The way he said it, it just sounded like a BS excuse.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't argue with you in that there's a good chance the players could have possibly been thinking about that, but it should, in no way, affect the way they play, unless a coach isn't doing his job.

Instead of making the comment he did, he should've said "I failed at making sure my players were 100% dialed in and focused like I should have." I can at least respect that comment, taking personal responsibility for it. The way he said it, it just sounded like a BS excuse.

Well, what he said did sound better than saying "my ass is still pounding from what Ohio State did to me".

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus is right, the SEC should just disband and be engulfed by other conferences then.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the SEC do "inordinately well" against quality OOC opponents? Hmmmmm.
Compared to other seasons, yes. I wasn't the only person who noticed it either. Other people who do computer ratings were also astounded by how well the SEC did out of conference last year. Compared to other years, their 2014 success out of conference was a bit of an outlier.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucifer's Vessel (Little Nicky Saban) has coached the Tide in three Sugar Bowls.

The 2009 Sugar Bowl vs Utah

The 2014 Sugar Bowl vs Oklahoma

The 2015 Sugar Bowl vs tOSU

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you can tell Jim Harbaugh you don't want to know anything about the Michigan program or things it deals with.

But I want to hear Alabama's.

Jim Harbaugh doesn't listen to me.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't trying to justify the losses and that's the difference. If any Alabama coach ever tries to justify a loss, the Alabama fan base will be up in arms.

Apparently not.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, people! Saban and Alabama have kicked ass and taken names in college football over the past few years. I understand the hate. It's natural. But what about giving a little credit to a program that's done more than any of the rest of us have done lately? I hope Oklahoma is catching shit like this in 5 years.

Credit for making excuses and whining when they lose?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, people! Saban and Alabama have kicked ass and taken names in college football over the past few years. I understand the hate. It's natural. But what about giving a little credit to a program that's done more than any of the rest of us have done lately? I hope Oklahoma is catching shit like this in 5 years.

Yup, the day all the bitching/whining from other fans stops is gonna be a sad day as a Bama fan.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because they're in the SEC. Period.

When I see Michigan fans nutswinging on Ohio State, I get a sense of just how deep-seated these SEC fears and insecurities run. It's astonishing.