• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Whining from an SEC Coach

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you might could see it that way if you were ignorant to what hyperbole is. But as you still have been unable to address the point, looks to me like it was just another attempt at avoiding it.
You are being purposefully obtuse, no?

My point is that what you refereed to as "fact" was in fact, not fact at all. It was speculation.

Here are some facts.
  1. Ohio State had a damned good team last year.
  2. Ohio State had a difficult time making the field because they played in a weak conference. (or, if you would rather, a conference that performed poorly out-of-conference.)
  3. Ohio State beat Alabama in the playoffs.
And I will go one step further by asking you a question. Had Ohio State lost early to an SEC opponent (let's say Ole Miss) rather than a mediocre ACC opponent like Virginia Tech - do you honestly think their chances of making the playoffs would have been worse?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are being purposefully obtuse, no?

My point is that what you refereed to as "fact" was in fact, not fact at all. It was speculation.

Here are some facts.
  1. Ohio State had a damned good team last year.
  2. Ohio State had a difficult time making the field because they played in a weak conference. (or, if you would rather, a conference that performed poorly out-of-conference.)
  3. Ohio State beat Alabama in the playoffs.
And I will go one step further by asking you a question. Had Ohio State lost early to an SEC opponent (let's say Ole Miss) rather than a mediocre ACC opponent like Virginia Tech - do you honestly think their chances of making the playoffs would have been worse?

You are just looking for any reason to avoid the point. Just typical grammar nazi type shit, and it wasn't even done in humor.

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

And Ohio St would not have lost that game instead of, but in addition too. Because the SEC teams that don't play a conference game in week1 usually open up the season with them, or week 2.

Because you know, everyone cries about the FCS game late in the year, which means you have to start playing tougher games earlier. And given that Ohio St was a team that got better as the year went on, it's easy to see how a change in schedule could have caused them difficulties.

Thus the "fun fact". It's mostly a statement that takes the fact that Ohio St improved over the year, with the fact that the SEC schedules tougher games sooner as a means of getting that "FCS" game late.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's a fun fact for you:

If Ohio St had been in the SEC last year you wouldn't have even made it to the playoffs.
Another fun fact. You're full of shit. That makes as much sense as your "fact".
Sure is funny watching you and Hammer meltdown.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another fun fact. You're full of shit. That makes as much sense as your "fact".
Sure is funny watching you and Hammer meltdown.
PrsSsCG.gif