• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Whining from an SEC Coach

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cupcake at the end of the schedule and bye week can definitely make up for the harder strength of schedule, none of it really matters every team gets almost a month off to prepare or rest for the CFP.
Excuses are for assholes.
I see you shaneman

:thumbs:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man, even you arent this blind. Why does Saban even have to bring this up. It is very simple, bc it is an excuse.

"I just felt like, in our experience last year, our team chemistry from the SEC Championship game to the playoff game was affected by something," Saban said. "So we're trying to get ready for a game, and all of a sudden, a guy finds out he's a first round draft pick or a guy that thought he was a first round draft pick finds out he's not a first round draft pick, and we're trying to get ready to play a playoff game."

Maybe he should be addressing why his players didnt respect Cardale Jones. lol or evan specers's passing ablities lol

Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart confirmed it was a problem during a radio interview in June. He referenced exit interviews with senior defensive leaders Landon Collins, Nick Perry and Jarrick Williams.
"All three of them said they did not respect the quarterback, and our job as the coaches was to make them respect the quarterback," Smart told 680 The Fan in Atlanta. "Well they heard from the media, they heard from ESPN, they heard from everybody that he was a third-string quarterback. How can a third-string quarterback beat Alabama? We didn’t promote him enough and they didn’t value his talents enough."

The fact is maybe Saban didnt do enough with his own team getting them motivated like the Oklahoma team.

When Bama took a 15-point lead, they might have started looking ahead to Oregon. The Ducks destroyed Florida State earlier that day and their fans begged to play the Tide all year.
Plus, Saban's teams have a history of not playing up to expectations in bowls that aren't the national title game. The 2014 Sugar Bowl, for example:

Nick Saban said playing OU last year had to convince team "getting them to try to play in consolation game"

So, let me summarize.
Nick Saban is a little bitch excuse machine.
Did I forget anything???

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man, even you arent this blind. Why does Saban even have to bring this up. It is very simple, bc it is an excuse.

"I just felt like, in our experience last year, our team chemistry from the SEC Championship game to the playoff game was affected by something," Saban said. "So we're trying to get ready for a game, and all of a sudden, a guy finds out he's a first round draft pick or a guy that thought he was a first round draft pick finds out he's not a first round draft pick, and we're trying to get ready to play a playoff game."

Maybe he should be addressing why his players didnt respect Cardale Jones. lol or evan specers's passing ablities lol

Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart confirmed it was a problem during a radio interview in June. He referenced exit interviews with senior defensive leaders Landon Collins, Nick Perry and Jarrick Williams.
"All three of them said they did not respect the quarterback, and our job as the coaches was to make them respect the quarterback," Smart told 680 The Fan in Atlanta. "Well they heard from the media, they heard from ESPN, they heard from everybody that he was a third-string quarterback. How can a third-string quarterback beat Alabama? We didn’t promote him enough and they didn’t value his talents enough."

The fact is maybe Saban didnt do enough with his own team getting them motivated like the Oklahoma team.

When Bama took a 15-point lead, they might have started looking ahead to Oregon. The Ducks destroyed Florida State earlier that day and their fans begged to play the Tide all year.
Plus, Saban's teams have a history of not playing up to expectations in bowls that aren't the national title game. The 2014 Sugar Bowl, for example:

Nick Saban said playing OU last year had to convince team "getting them to try to play in consolation game"
Sounds like coaching problems to me, where other coaches do not have that problem. Say TCU last year. TCU thought they should be in the playoff, they were not and played in that "consolation" game and showed how good they were.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^
"LSU didn't want to be there"

Signed ~ Narrative

Never said that. I'm sure they wanted to be there. That doesn't mean it still wasn't a worthless bowl game. In this day and age there are 6 bowl games that matter. Anyways tOSU poster was trying to point out that LSU was overrated based on this game, since they finally played somebody "good" but failed to realize they beat Wisconsin. Who he was touting.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, just google the definition if you are having trouble.

excuse - Google Search

Already have and it pretty much defines what Saban has been doing. Of course, according to you, he was giving reasons. Apparently, only other programs make "excuses."

Gump logic is a truly special thing to behold.

Btw, as I pointed out, never seen Sark use the sanctions as an excuse or reason and only saw Kiffin do it once. Too bad you can't say the same thing about Saban.

Oh wait, I almost forgot, it's because Saban was giving "reasons." He would never try to make an excuse. :nono:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far from blind. In fact, being former military it's pretty much a given you know the difference between listing things that need to be addressed and making excuses to justify failure. Even thinking about making excuses will get your ass in trouble.

In no manner did Saban even remotely attempt to justify the failures of the past 2 seasons.

Well if you would have read the rest you would have found out that's what he exactly did and there isnt a soul that doesnt think so.

"from the SEC Championship game to the playoff game was affected by something"

^^^ if this isnt an excuse. The word should be banned from the dictionary.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already have and it pretty much defines what Saban has been doing. Of course, according to you, he was giving reasons. Apparently, only other programs make "excuses."

Gump logic is a truly special thing to behold.

Btw, as I pointed out, never seen Sark use the sanctions as an excuse or reason and only saw Kiffin do it once. Too bad you can't say the same thing about Saban.

Oh wait, I almost forgot, it's because Saban was giving "reasons." He would never try to make an excuse. :rolls eyes:

He isn't trying to justify the losses and that's the difference. If any Alabama coach ever tries to justify a loss, the Alabama fan base will be up in arms.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you would have read the rest you would have found out that's what he exactly did and there isnt a soul that doesnt think so.

"from the SEC Championship game to the playoff game was affected by something"

^^^ if this isnt an excuse. The word should be banned from the dictionary.

I read the entire transcript, including the actual question he was responding too.

This was the question he was asked:

Q. Coach, I understand a little bit earlier you had some thoughts about the timing of the NFL's system for providing feedback to underclassmen. Could you expand on that a little bit.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far from blind. In fact, being former military it's pretty much a given you know the difference between listing things that need to be addressed and making excuses to justify failure. Even thinking about making excuses will get your ass in trouble.

In no manner did Saban even remotely attempt to justify the failures of the past 2 seasons.
See that is why America is great, some say he was whining and making excuses and they are allowed and others are wrong and they are allowed. What a great country.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the entire transcript, including the actual question he was responding too.

How did the guy know that Saban had those thoughts? When was it originally discussed?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right after USC fans shut the fuck up about the sanctions as the reason everyone spanks their ass lately.

Which btw, is actually an example of people making excuses for their loses.
Nailed it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok but you understand he asked him this question bc of previous comments he made. The whole thing is still an excuse and doesnt need to be brought up. Why didnt any other coaches bring this up?? ohh bc Alabama had the only guys getting drafted...uhh no.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't trying to justify the losses and that's the difference. If any Alabama coach ever tries to justify a loss, the Alabama fan base will be up in arms.

That's exactly what he was trying to do. Not my fault that Alabama fans are too blind to see it for what it is and think he's just trying to draw national attention to these issues.

Haven't seen him trying to draw national attention to these issues when Alabama wins.

Heck, I'm surprised he hasn't tried to say that teams shouldn't be able to use 3rd string quarterbacks. After all, it's not fair that Alabama had to prepare for a player they haven't got to see play. :heh:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree all people make excuses. Saban just tries to be slick about it, except his old age is catching up to him (even though he looks 40).