• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Whining from an SEC Coach

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait! A team who won is sometimes not as hungry the next year? Shut the fuck up!!! Really? Glad you're here to enlighten us and point out these aren't excuses Saban gives us when he loses.

Yes, or in the case of USC - after being ranked #1 preseason. Because that's as far as close as you get to it.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except it's not excuses. As you have said - these are things all coaches deal with.

I doubt there is a coach out there who doesn't talk about minimizing distractions and the difficulties they face in keeping players focused.

Ohio St is about to get a big huge taste of this. 2010 Alabama was much more talented than 2009 Alabama. Yet 2010 Alabama lost 3 games due to players not being hungry, not being focused, etc.
tOSU have been there before and so has Meyer. I am just curious if they do lose will Meyer say well it was the draft and that dam hurry up and my kids were too distracted and too tired.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait! A team who won is sometimes not as hungry the next year? Shut the fuck up!!! Really? Glad you're here to enlighten us and point out these aren't excuses Saban gives us when he loses.
I didn't know they already gave out the draft grades to Ohio State.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have. So nice try. It's called the Pete Carroll era. Plus the Reggie Bush bullshit, plus the Lane Kiffin era. You're simply a crybaby. USC fans respond for a few posts and then move on. We don't spend page after page for days defending crap and making excuses.

Every time a USC fan mentions the reduced scholarship numbers we're told "It's just making excuses." Hell, sometimes it's thrown out there before a USC fan has even responded.

Meanwhile, Saban talking about his full roster of distracted players and a tired defense because they went uptempo are "valid reasons" and not making excuses.

Yes, those are things Saban can fix.

Your sanctions however can't be fixed, can't be changed, and thus is only mentioned to try and justify your losses.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU have been there before and so has Meyer. I am just curious if they do lose will Meyer say well it was the draft and that dam hurry up and my kids were too distracted and too tired.

Yes Meyer has.

And we already know what his excuses will be - health, family, etc.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right after USC fans shut the fuck up about the sanctions as the reason everyone spanks their ass lately.

Which btw, is actually an example of people making excuses for their loses.

Losing ten scholarships a year for three years not an excuse. Playing a game after players get told of their draft status (never mind the other teams have the same thing to deal with) an excuse for just bama. Got it. You're so enlightened.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Meyer has.

Those aren't excuses. Those are legitimate reasons. Urban Meyer told me so.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right after USC fans shut the fuck up about the sanctions as the reason everyone spanks their ass lately.

Which btw, is actually an example of people making excuses for their loses.

USC fans merely point out the sanctions as a reality of what happened. Haven't seen anyone use it as an excuse and I've never seen Sark use it as an excuse. Heck, even Lane Kiffin didn't use it as an excuse until just before he was fired.

and :lol @you thinking that a team playing with 50+ scholarship athletes is excuse making. But a team with a full compliment of 85 scholarship players being "distracted" by the NFL draft release date and being tired because they had an uptempo offense are "reasons."

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing ten scholarships a year for three years not an excuse. Playing a game after players get told of their draft status (never mind the other teams have the same thing to deal with) an excuse for just bama. Got it. You're so enlightened.

Not only is your scholarship loss an excuse, it's the only thing that actually is a real excuse. As you only bring it up to try and justify the current status of your program.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Meyer has.

Yeah & Nick Saban once told anyone that would listen to him when he was the HC of the Dolphins that he wouldn't be Bama's next HC. Well that turned out to be complete bullshit. That's different though, right?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC fans merely point out the sanctions as a reality of what happened. Haven't seen anyone use it as an excuse and I've never seen Sark use it as an excuse. Heck, even Lane Kiffin didn't use it as an excuse until just before he was fired.

and :lol @you thinking that a team playing with 50+ scholarship athletes is excuse making. But a team with a full compliment of 85 scholarship players being "distracted" by the NFL draft release date and being tired because they had an uptempo offense are "reasons."

Yes, USC fans point out the sanctions as a reality every time you lose or whenever you need to explain the current state of your program.

Aka, it's an excuse.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah & Nick Saban once told anyone that would listen to him when he was the HC of the Dolphins that he wouldn't be Bama's next HC. Well that turned out to be complete bullshit. That's different though, right?
"He was in the middle of the playoff hunt when he was 6-8. What is he supposed to say?"

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah because Urban Meyer didn't run Nick Saban out of the NFL. But Saban ran Meyer out on in an Ambulance - literally.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Meyer has.

I would rather have a coach say that than whine everyone else is playing too fast.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, USC fans point out the sanctions as a reality every time you lose or whenever you need to explain the current state of your program.

Aka, it's an excuse.
So what I'm gathering is every team and fan makes excuses except Nick Saban and Bama fans, they are really trying to look out for the safety of the players.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, those are things Saban can fix.

Your sanctions however can't be fixed, can't be changed, and thus is only mentioned to try and justify your losses.

:L Wow, just wow.

So something that USC can't control and that was imposed ON them is "excuse making." But something that Saban could have controlled, should have controlled, but didn't, is a reason?

Are you sure that's the argument you want to go with?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because Urban Meyer didn't run Nick Saban out of the NFL. But Saban ran Meyer out on in an Ambulance - literally.

More crap from the SportsHoopla Excuse Machine. Tell me again who won the '15 Sugar Bowl.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malzahn (and Saban, too) is really whining about the SEC losing the considerable advantage of perception of strength. It's no longer as big a factor in the playoff era because the teams in the CFP must earn the chance to participate in the NC game. They are no longer anointed by the media (primarily driven by ESPN).

Once a team like Alabama has been beaten as they were in the 2014 bowl season, teams no longer see them as invulnerable, and Alabama's players see that they are vulnerable, too. That's the "something" that has changed not the NFL draft process as Saban claimed. Nick Saban says NFL Draft process impacted loss to Ohio State
Nailed it

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Wow, just wow.

So something that USC can't control and that was imposed ON them is "excuse making." But something that Saban could have controlled, should have controlled, but didn't, is a reason?

Are you sure that's the argument you want to go with?

That you can't control it is the reason it's an excuse.

noun
noun: excuse; plural noun: excuses
ikˈskyo͞os/
a reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense.

That is exactly what you are doing. Using that to defend or justify your losses.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and Urban just ran Saban out of the Sugar Bowl in a Waaaaaambulance, but Nicky still seems to be suffering the after effects.