• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Whining from an SEC Coach

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is valid but its the coaches job to focus the players.
They only have 17 days to focus the players. 4-5 weeks isn't enough to recover from SEC football, two and a half weeks to recover from being told you are a first round draft pick. Especially all of those players who aren't even being graded. They need 6 months of intensive therapy.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I'm calling bullshit. Alabama isn't the only team in the country that has to deal with the NFL draft release date, no huddle offenses, etc. and he only does it after losses.

And spare me your "everyone hates Alabama and Nick Saban" crying. I'm a USC fan. I've seen just as much and probably more "hate" thrown at my team as any Alabama fan.

Difference is, I'm not on here whining about how everybody hates my team.

He has 5 losses total in the past 3 years, and 2 of those years are some of the worse we've had.

Since he's gotten to Alabama he's talked about all sorts of problems. Especially when it comes to player distractions. And then there have been things like shady agents on campus, the number of conference games, and plenty of other issues he's brought up over the year.

And nobody cares about USC right now, nor has USC every won 3 national championships in 4 years.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I'm calling bullshit. Alabama isn't the only team in the country that has to deal with the NFL draft release date, no huddle offenses, etc. and he only does it after losses. QUOTE]

When are you going to figure out that when Bama wins Saban wants the accolades. Although when Saban's Crew gets upset it's a never ending list of excuses. Nick Saban is actually 182-0-0 & 8-0 in bowl games. The 59 losses, 1 tie & 8 bowl losses aren't his fault @ all!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St won a football game - did you know it?

Do the other Ohio St fans a favor and just shut the fuck up.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone ever said anything different?
It seems as if Saban likes to put things out as if it is unique to Bama. Every year every team mostly deals with the same issues.
When Saban is preparing for a bowl game he deals with issues and the other team is dealing with the same. If you want to say well Bama has it worse because they have more going to the NFL that is complaining about a self induced problem. Well my eye hurts because I keep putting my finger in there.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only have 17 days to focus the players. 4-5 weeks isn't enough to recover from SEC football, two and a half weeks to recover from being told you are a first round draft pick. Especially all of those players who aren't even being graded. They need 6 months of intensive therapy.

Huh?

I'm pretty sure nobody is talking about a lack of focus during the game. It's about lack of focus during preparation for the game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems as if Saban likes to put things out as if it is unique to Bama. Every year every team mostly deals with the same issues.

When Saban is preparing for a bowl game he deals with issues and the other team is dealing with the same. If you want to say well Bama has it worse because they have more going to the NFL that is complaining about a self induced problem. Well my eye hurts because I keep putting my finger in there.

So the fault with Saban is that he only speaks for and from the team he coaches?

I guess from now on he will need to end everything he says with "And of course everyone else is dealign with this".

Because you know, everyone else is unable to figure out such things on their own.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the fault with Saban is that he only speaks for and from the team he coaches?

I guess from now on he will need to end everything he says with "And of course everyone else is dealign with this".

Because you know, everyone else is unable to figure out such things on their own.
No not at all. Saban has a right and should do everything he can to help his team. I don't see anything wrong with what he did or said. Also the fans have a right to call it whining and excuses.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not at all. Saban has a right and should do everything he can to help his team. I don't see anything wrong with what he did or said. Also the fans have a right to call it whining and excuses.

Except it's not excuses. As you have said - these are things all coaches deal with.

I doubt there is a coach out there who doesn't talk about minimizing distractions and the difficulties they face in keeping players focused.

Ohio St is about to get a big huge taste of this. 2010 Alabama was much more talented than 2009 Alabama. Yet 2010 Alabama lost 3 games due to players not being hungry, not being focused, etc.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 5 losses total in the past 3 years, and 2 of those years are some of the worse we've had.

Since he's gotten to Alabama he's talked about all sorts of problems. Especially when it comes to player distractions. And then there have been things like shady agents on campus, the number of conference games, and plenty of other issues he's brought up over the year.

And nobody cares about USC right now, nor has USC every won 3 national championships in 4 years.

Yet, people still talk about USC. Even when we aren't relevant. And just because USC isn't catching as much hate right now, doesn't change the fact that USC has caught just as much, if not more, hate as Alabama.

The difference is, USC fans don't spend page after page defending and making excuses for it. Bammers and SEC fanboys take the bait every single time.

The only time Saban talks about "all sorts of problems" is when Alabama loses and it's always some excuse wrapped in some "for the good of the players" bullshit that only Bammers and SEC fanboys buy into.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a better idea. How about he just shuts the fuck up, quits making excuses about it and figures out a way to deal with it. You know, like the vast majority of other coaches do.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, people still talk about USC. Even when we aren't relevant. And just because USC isn't catching as much hate right now, doesn't change the fact that USC has caught just as much, if not more, hate as Alabama.

The difference is, USC fans don't spend page after page defending and making excuses for it. Bammers and SEC fanboys take the bait every single time.

The only time Saban talks about "all sorts of problems" is when Alabama loses and it's always some excuse wrapped in some "for the good of the players" bullshit that only Bammers and SEC fanboys buy into.

When USC gets multiple threads made about it every week on the hoop for multiple years, give me a call.

Other than that, you are simply full of shit. I've yet to see a fan base who didn't respond to people hating on their team - USC included.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a better idea. How about he just shuts the fuck up, quits making excuses about it and figures out a way to deal with it. You know, like the vast majority of other coaches do.

Right after USC fans shut the fuck up about the sanctions as the reason everyone spanks their ass lately.

Which btw, is actually an example of people making excuses for their loses.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except it's not excuses. As you have said - these are things all coaches deal with.

I doubt there is a coach out there who doesn't talk about minimizing distractions and the difficulties they face in keeping players focused.

Ohio St is about to get a big huge taste of this. 2010 Alabama was much more talented than 2009 Alabama. Yet 2010 Alabama lost 3 games due to players not being hungry, not being focused, etc.

Wait! A team who won is sometimes not as hungry the next year? Shut the fuck up!!! Really? Glad you're here to enlighten us and point out these aren't excuses Saban gives us when he loses.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When USC gets multiple threads made about it every week on the hoop for multiple years, give me a call.

Other than that, you are simply full of shit. I've yet to see a fan base who didn't respond to people hating on their team - USC included.

We have. So nice try. It's called the Pete Carroll era. Plus the Reggie Bush bullshit, plus the Lane Kiffin era. You're simply a crybaby. USC fans respond for a few posts and then move on. We don't spend page after page for days defending crap and making excuses.

Every time a USC fan mentions the reduced scholarship numbers we're told "It's just making excuses." Hell, sometimes it's thrown out there before a USC fan has even responded.

Meanwhile, Saban talking about his full roster of distracted players and a tired defense because they went uptempo are "valid reasons" and not making excuses.