• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Whining from an SEC Coach

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently SEC speed does not lend itself to recovery time.

And the superior education provided by the rest of the country is unable to teach people what the word excuse means.

I guess that's just the way shit is.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean, since it backfired en sech.

:scratch:

It's going exactly as I expected it would. Even with the comment people are still more focused on Alabama/Saban than they are Gundy.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the superior education provided by the rest of the country is unable to teach people what the word excuse means.

The fact that the "rest of the country" disagrees with you should tell you something.

noun
ikˈskyo͞os/
  1. a reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

It's going exactly as I expected it would. Even with the comment people are still more focused on Alabama/Saban than they are Gundy.

I'm not sure what is so hard for some of you SEC folks to understand. Gundy and Okie St. have never won anything. When the coach of a team that hasn't won anything and isn't coaching a "historically relevant program" makes excuses, no one cares.

When the coach of a program that has won a whole bunch of stuff and is historically relevant makes excuses it makes the news. Especially when those excuses seem to only come after a loss. Saban throws out these excuses after losses, wants rules changed, etc. and Bammers and SEC fanboys say things like "He's just trying to give it national attention."

Funny thing is, he doesn't seem try to bring these things to national attention when they win.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally. The offseason thread we've been waiting for.

Carry on.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the "rest of the country" disagrees with you should tell you something.

noun
ikˈskyo͞os/
  1. a reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense.

So Nick Saban was trying to justify a loss rather than taking a look at what happened in an effort to fix them?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Nick Saban was trying to justify a loss rather than taking a look at what happened in an effort to fix them?

Oh, yeah: Saban: "I'm not making excuses. . . , but . . . "

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what is so hard for some of you SEC folks to understand. Gundy and Okie St. have never won anything. When the coach of a team that hasn't won anything and isn't coaching a "historically relevant program" makes excuses, no one cares.

When the coach of a program that has won a whole bunch of stuff and is historically relevant makes excuses it makes the news. Especially when those excuses seem to only come after a loss. Saban throws out these excuses after losses, wants rules changed, etc. and Bammers and SEC fanboys say things like "He's just trying to give it national attention."

Funny thing is, he doesn't seem try to bring these things to national attention when they win.

Nobody is making excuses. There is a difference between taking a good look at your faults as a means to address and fix them, and looking for reasons to excuse those faults as a means of not dealing with them.

And I think it sucks that people are acting this way, because this is the kind of information I think is pretty interesting and I'd like to see more of it.

I want to know the problems Alabama faces. I want to know we had 11 kids in 2013 that were dealing with draft stuff and 6 kids last year. I want to know that the NFL period is overlapping with college football and causes problems.

I was happy to hear him talk about the defense getting worn down at the end of the season due to running more plays on offense. But apparently, saying such things is just Nick Saban making an excuse.

But no, because everyone hates Alabama and Nick Saban it's this shit - as usual. And in the end, all I'm going to end up with is even more boring Nick Saban interviews because the few times he actually does open up, it just gets twisted and manipulated.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, yeah: Saban: "I'm not making excuses. . . , but . . . let me just go ahead and take another 5 star recruit from you"

finished it for you.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is making excuses. There is a difference between taking a good look at your faults as a means to address and fix them, and looking for reasons to excuse those faults as a means of not dealing with them.

And I think it sucks that people are acting this way, because this is the kind of information I think is pretty interesting and I'd like to see more of it.

I want to know the problems Alabama faces. I want to know we had 11 kids in 2013 that were dealing with draft stuff and 6 kids last year. I want to know that the NFL period is overlapping with college football and causes problems.

I was happy to hear him talk about the defense getting worn down at the end of the season due to running more plays on offense. But apparently, saying such things is just Nick Saban making an excuse.

But no, because everyone hates Alabama and Nick Saban it's this shit - as usual. And in the end, all I'm going to end up with is even more boring Nick Saban interviews because the few times he actually does open up, it just gets twisted and manipulated.

Take a good look. That's what coaches should do. But, don't try to "explain" them, especially by alluding to "something" mysterious that changed--that's making an excuse.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a good look. That's what coaches should do. But, don't try to "explain" them, especially by alluding to "something" mysterious that changed--that's making an excuse.

Well you can tell Jim Harbaugh you don't want to know anything about the Michigan program or things it deals with.

But I want to hear Alabama's.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finished it for you.
Five star recruits aren't going to Michigan right now.

And before umichgrad whines, they are never coming to MSU.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five star recruits aren't going to Michigan right now.

And before umichgrad whines, they are never coming to MSU.

They went against Alabama for one last year.

I'll let you guess where he ended up. :D

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, tOSU have 14 go to the NFL in the 2004 draft. Im not sure if the had any effect but it was never mentioned. Other teams go through the same thing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, tOSU have 14 go to the NFL in the 2004 draft. Im not sure if the had any effect but it was never mentioned. Other teams go through the same thing.

I agree. And that's why I think on the actual issue he mentions, most of the other coaches would strongly agree with him.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hence, making excuses

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. And that's why I think on the actual issue he mentions, most of the other coaches would strongly agree with him.
That is valid but its the coaches job to focus the players.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, I'm calling bullshit. Alabama isn't the only team in the country that has to deal with the NFL draft release date, no huddle offenses, etc. and he only does it after losses.

And spare me your "everyone hates Alabama and Nick Saban" crying. I'm a USC fan. I've seen just as much and probably more "hate" thrown at my team as any Alabama fan.

Difference is, I'm not on here whining about how everybody hates my team.