• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Whining from an SEC Coach

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Bama played 10 bowl teams during the regular season(including CCG) Those teams went 5-5, any impact on their SOS would have been a push IMO.
Do you realize how easy it is to get in a bowl game in the SEC?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That you can't control it is the reason it's an excuse.

That is exactly what you are doing. Using that to defend or justify your losses.
So Saban wasn't using the Draft grades as justification as why he has been unable to get his players focused to play the biggest game in most of their lives to that point?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what I'm gathering is every team and fan makes excuses except Nick Saban and Bama fans, they are really trying to look out for the safety of the players.

Big 12 seems to think Saban was on to something in regards to player safety.

Big 12 gets tougher than NCAA on full-contact practice limit | College Football

"There's a false sense of we just try to bang our kids around," said Patterson, whose physical coaching style has helped TCU lead the nation in defense five times since 2000. "I think all of us, we like keeping our jobs, and we want to keep our kids healthy. Fresh shoulders, fresh legs, means more physical players."

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, or in the case of USC - after being ranked #1 preseason. Because that's as far as close as you get to it.

You mean pre season rankings aren't actually correct? Shut the fuck up! You're just full of knowledge. Maybe you should advise Saban. He didn't even know players get pre draft evaluations before playoff games. You could have helped him address that and they wouldn't have lost .

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Saban wasn't using the Draft grades as justification as why he has been unable to get his players focused to play the biggest game in most of their lives to that point?

Well considering he wasn't even being asked about Ohio St or the loss, I would have to say no he wasn't.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're claiming that everyone in the SEC West is overrated b/c a majority of them lost their bowl game. LSU was one of those team's that lost their bowl game(albeit meaningless, and this coming from an ND fan) and they beat Wisconsin in a game that mattered, does that mean then Wisconsin is overrated too, since they couldn't beat LSU?
^^^^^^^
"LSU didn't want to be there"

Signed ~ Narrative

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering he wasn't even being asked about Ohio St or the loss, I would have to say no he wasn't.
He did state as that the problem that his teams have had the last two bowl games. So please tell me which games were he discussing?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That you can't control it is the reason it's an excuse.

That is exactly what you are doing. Using that to defend or justify your losses.

No, you can't control it is the reason it's NOT an excuse. Y'all got some interestin' dictionaries en sech down there in Gumpland.

Using things like "we were distracted" and "they played too fast" and "our offense played too fast for our defense" are pretty much the definition of making excuses.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and Urban just ran Saban out of the Sugar Bowl in a Waaaaaambulance, but Nicky still seems to be suffering the after effects.

The last time Urban beat Saban in a championship game, Saban came back the next year and beat him, made their QB cry. Then Urban went to the hospital, thought he was better, lost again to Saban in the regular season before having more health problems.

Good luck this time!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you can't control it is the reason it's NOT an excuse. Y'all got some interestin' dictionaries en sech down there in Gumpland.

Using things like "we were distracted" and "they played too fast" and "our offense played too fast for our defense" are pretty much the definition of making excuses.

Hell, just google the definition if you are having trouble.

excuse - Google Search

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time Urban beat Saban in a championship game, Saban came back the next year and beat him, made their QB cry. Then Urban went to the hospital, thought he was better, lost again to Saban in the regular season before having more health problems.

Good luck this time!
Thanks for the good wishes. C'mon, you have to admit, that was funny.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you realize how easy it is to get in a bowl game in the SEC?

Arkansas played the #1 SOS last year. I wouldn't suggest that to be easy by any means.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just came to see if @ellupo is still defending Aaron Hernandez and if anyone has talked some sense into the Michigan fan.

I think I have my answer. :L

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is making excuses. There is a difference between taking a good look at your faults as a means to address and fix them, and looking for reasons to excuse those faults as a means of not dealing with them.

And I think it sucks that people are acting this way, because this is the kind of information I think is pretty interesting and I'd like to see more of it.

I want to know the problems Alabama faces. I want to know we had 11 kids in 2013 that were dealing with draft stuff and 6 kids last year. I want to know that the NFL period is overlapping with college football and causes problems.

I was happy to hear him talk about the defense getting worn down at the end of the season due to running more plays on offense. But apparently, saying such things is just Nick Saban making an excuse.

But no, because everyone hates Alabama and Nick Saban it's this shit - as usual. And in the end, all I'm going to end up with is even more boring Nick Saban interviews because the few times he actually does open up, it just gets twisted and manipulated.

Cmon man, even you arent this blind. Why does Saban even have to bring this up. It is very simple, bc it is an excuse.

"I just felt like, in our experience last year, our team chemistry from the SEC Championship game to the playoff game was affected by something," Saban said. "So we're trying to get ready for a game, and all of a sudden, a guy finds out he's a first round draft pick or a guy that thought he was a first round draft pick finds out he's not a first round draft pick, and we're trying to get ready to play a playoff game."

Maybe he should be addressing why his players didnt respect Cardale Jones. lol or evan specers's passing ablities lol

Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart confirmed it was a problem during a radio interview in June. He referenced exit interviews with senior defensive leaders Landon Collins, Nick Perry and Jarrick Williams.
"All three of them said they did not respect the quarterback, and our job as the coaches was to make them respect the quarterback," Smart told 680 The Fan in Atlanta. "Well they heard from the media, they heard from ESPN, they heard from everybody that he was a third-string quarterback. How can a third-string quarterback beat Alabama? We didn’t promote him enough and they didn’t value his talents enough."

The fact is maybe Saban didnt do enough with his own team getting them motivated like the Oklahoma team.

When Bama took a 15-point lead, they might have started looking ahead to Oregon. The Ducks destroyed Florida State earlier that day and their fans begged to play the Tide all year.
Plus, Saban's teams have a history of not playing up to expectations in bowls that aren't the national title game. The 2014 Sugar Bowl, for example:

Nick Saban said playing OU last year had to convince team "getting them to try to play in consolation game"

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just came to see if @ellupo is still defending Aaron Hernandez and if anyone has talked some sense into the Michigan fan.

I think I have my answer. :L
Still? You make less and less sense every time you post.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man, even you arent this blind.

Far from blind. In fact, being former military it's pretty much a given you know the difference between listing things that need to be addressed and making excuses to justify failure. Even thinking about making excuses will get your ass in trouble.

In no manner did Saban even remotely attempt to justify the failures of the past 2 seasons.