• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Whining from an SEC Coach

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what he was trying to do. Not my fault that Alabama fans are too blind to see it for what it is and think he's just trying to draw national attention to these issues.

Haven't seen him trying to draw national attention to these issues when Alabama wins.

Heck, I'm surprised he hasn't tried to say that teams shouldn't be able to use 3rd string quarterbacks. After all, it's not fair that Alabama had to prepare for a player they haven't got to see play. :heh:

Once again, I just can't take USC fans who have used "sanctions" as their go to excuse for years now seriously.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok but you understand he asked him this question bc of previous comments he made. The whole thing is still an excuse and doesnt need to be brought up. Why didnt any other coaches bring this up?? ohh bc Alabama had the only guys getting drafted...uhh no.

Because the other coaches weren't asked the question?

What Alabama coach Nick Saban said at SEC Media Days Wednesday | NOLA.com

Here's the whole transcript. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see it in there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, I just can't take USC fans who have used "sanctions" as their go to excuse for years now seriously.

But you'll take a coach whose excuses range from NFL release dates, to other teams uptempo offenses, to his own teams uptempo offense as "valid reasons" seriously.

And you wonder why Alabama fans and Saban get openly mocked.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you'll take a coach whose excuses range from NFL release dates, to other teams uptempo offenses, to his own teams uptempo offense as "valid reasons" seriously.

And you wonder why Alabama fans and Saban get openly mocked.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't trying to justify the losses and that's the difference. If any Alabama coach ever tries to justify a loss, the Alabama fan base will be up in arms.

You mean like how they complain about years of cupcakes they have to endure ? Up in arms like that?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't get your teams fresh by bowl season, you're a shit coach. The SEC East has been a joke by and large for several years now, and the SEC West, though talented, isn't as good as it's being built up to be. The SEC is still the best conference, top to bottom, but I think last season showed us all that it isn't the behemoth it was 4-5 years ago.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, people! Saban and Alabama have kicked ass and taken names in college football over the past few years. I understand the hate. It's natural. But what about giving a little credit to a program that's done more than any of the rest of us have done lately? I hope Oklahoma is catching shit like this in 5 years.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like how they complain about years of cupcakes they have to endure ? Up in arms like that?

Sorry - Nobody gives a fuck about the cupcake games outside hater fans on message boards.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, people! Saban and Alabama have kicked ass and taken names in college football over the past few years. I understand the hate. It's natural. But what about giving a little credit to a program that's done more than any of the rest of us have done lately? I hope Oklahoma is catching shit like this in 5 years.

You'd think that with all of that ass kicking and name taking, there'd be no need for excuse making.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think that with all of that ass kicking and name taking, there'd be no need for excuse making.

I listed to Saban's speech and it didn't sound like excuse making to me. He explained how these kids were probably distracted by something that affected his team's performance. Sounds logical to me. These kids are suckers for any shiny object that is "the latest cool thing" so how much do you think their attention span is going to suffer when they're distracted with something that means a lot of $$$ to them personally? His mistake was saying out loud to the media what he should have been telling his players in team meetings. And the first time he saw some super star dogging it in practice or in a game he should have sat him on the bench and then explained later why it happened if sitting out a couple of series didn't do the trick.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Goldbug is nearly done filling out the application for honorary team SEC member.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listed to Saban's speech and it didn't sound like excuse making to me. He explained how these kids were probably distracted by something that affected his team's performance. Sounds logical to me. These kids are suckers for any shiny object that is "the latest cool thing" so how much do you think their attention span is going to suffer when they're distracted with something that means a lot of $$$ to them personally? His mistake was saying out loud to the media what he should have been telling his players in team meetings. And the first time he saw some super star dogging it in practice or in a game he should have sat him on the bench and then explained later why it happened if sitting out a couple of series didn't do the trick.
The problem with this logic is - were Ohio State players not interested in their draft spot? OSU had 5 guys get drafted this year, and they were all major contributors in the win over Bama.

He can say he wasn't making excuses all he wants, but if he truly wasn't, why even say it in the first place?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't sound like excuses? he just said his players were distracted by something? LOL. Right.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes it is all about timing though. He would have never said these things if they would have won the game, obviously. Seems like he could have said something else, what teams arent distracted, honestly, all the time?
It is a poor excuse IMO

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nick Saban has only made excuses about his 59 career regular season losses, his 1 tie & his 8 bowl defeats. His 182 W's & his 8 bowl W's have gone just as planned though.

:behindsofa:

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with this logic is - were Ohio State players not interested in their draft spot? OSU had 5 guys get drafted this year, and they were all major contributors in the win over Bama.

He can say he wasn't making excuses all he wants, but if he truly wasn't, why even say it in the first place?

Ohio State was going to win that game even if all of Alabama's players had their shit straight. You were simply the best team in college football at the end of last season. It wasn't even close. Urban Meyer obviously did a better job than Saban and part of that was keeping all his players focused like a laser during the playoff games. Kudos to Meyer. But it's not unreasonable to think some of Alabama's players were playing in a fog thinking about things other than playing the absolute best they could. That's all Saban was talking about. He looked disgusted when he was making the comments and he faded some of the heat too for Alabama falling short last year......as he should.