• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Whining from an SEC Coach

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't his point.

Sure, any team with 8 conference games can go 2-6 in conference and go to a bowl. The real fact is that SEC schools justify their piss poor OOC schedule by talking about how grueling their conference slate is. I don't care how tough you think your schedule is, Tennessee. Beating UK and Vandy to go to a bowl after beating Chattanooga, Arkansas St., and Utah St. isn't impressive.

Please provide a list of 6-6 teams that are impressive.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is a study in human behavior.

But especially in nutswinging.

:nutswing:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W

Yup, you read it right the first time. Season SOS between the SEC, PAC-12 and BIG-10 are pretty damn even.

Yeah, no.

There are formulas and advanced stats that prove you are completely wrong.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those purposely designed shitfest OOC schedules, including those Nov home games against high school teams. Give it a break Gus. Your singing to the choir and your buttbuddies at ESecPN.
Yeah, no.

Not to mention some mad-as-hell SEC fanboys.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no.

Who makes these "formulas and advanced stats", that you speak of? It is your right to buy into these formulas and stats, but I don't. Maybe it all boils down to a person's opinion.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're not looking for any old 6-6 team. We're talking about 6-6 teams that chest thump their conference, their schedule, and don't think they need to schedule teams with a pulse because they can beat 2 bottom feeders a year to make a bowl.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The astounding part? I'm convinced that some of you who fixate on the SEC actually believe this "product of ESPN" shit. You want to believe it so desperately and you get in these little threads and take some benign opinion from an SEC coach and just go insane with it. It's truly astonishing but seeing Michigan and Ohio state fans, sworn enemies unto death, embracing in passionate homo love-making in this thread is where I have to draw the line. That's just appalling! Get a room!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who makes these "formulas and advanced stats", that you speak of? It is your right to buy into these formulas and stats, but I don't. Maybe it all boils down to a person's opinion.

And I guess it's your right to just believe whatever you want because it makes you feel better. Just ignore all evidence because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Everyone else in college football however pays attention to them for good reason.

There are tons of people who do these formulas, myself included until last year. However, this is probably one of the more respected sites for advanced stats.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | FEI COLLEGE FOOTBALL RATINGS 2014

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I guess it's your right to just believe whatever you want because it makes you feel better. Just ignore all evidence because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Everyone else in college football however pays attention to them for good reason.

There are tons of people who do these formulas, myself included until last year. However, this is probably one of the more respected sites for advanced stats.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | FEI COLLEGE FOOTBALL RATINGS 2014
Fair enough, but I don't buy into this shit. You lost my respect when you stated "myself included" into your comment. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you, on which football conference has the toughest season SOS schedule. I will move on.

Last edited:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8M8ZC.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but I don't buy into this shit. You lost my respect when you stated "myself included" into your comment. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you, on which football conference has the toughest season SOS schedule. I will move on.

I lost your respect because I ran a computer poll in the past?

:lol: @ USC fans.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the entire Alabama fanbase was thumping their chest over that high quality win ove a head coach who hadn't won a conference game in his two years there at the time and now are talking them up as a top ten team.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dont worry 4D20, he doesnt believe the earth is round either, still not buying into that one he says.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the entire Alabama fanbase was thumping their chest over that high quality win ove a head coach who hadn't won a conference game in his two years there at the time and now are talking them up as a top ten team.

What coach is this and who's being touted a top 10 team. You stated the bold, so tell me who and what and i will then ask you to show me where i stated it. Go ahead, and tell us all so we can see what you're rambling on about this time.

Last edited:

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The astounding part? I'm convinced that some of you who fixate on the SEC actually believe this "product of ESPN" shit. You want to believe it so desperately and you get in these little threads and take some benign opinion from an SEC coach and just go insane with it. It's truly astonishing but seeing Michigan and Ohio state fans, sworn enemies unto death, embracing in passionate homo love-making in this thread is where I have to draw the line. That's just appalling! Get a room!

It's all in your tiny little head, administrator.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, your "one of the more respected" site's rankings listed in that link are complete and total bullshit. Did you look at them?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair Arkansas was almost a top 25 team when taking the averages of all the computer rankings. And it isn't so far fetched to consider them a top 10 team going into this season. ESPN's FPI has Arkansas at #10, and Massey's got them at #8 going into next year. And they are basically in everybody's top 25 going into next season.