• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft Chat

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, you actually NAILED the point with that line

Which makes it impossible to evaluate in our mocks because Hotness is irrelevant, we are basing all evaluations on what has ACTUALLY happened in the past...

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these Mocks are voted on based on a 7 game series most of the time, based off of what players did in the regular season definitely not based on post season stats.

Calm down, nothing is based off of ACTUALLY happened in the past, Mike Schmidt never faced Warren Span. Babe Ruth never faced Randy Johnson, etc..., we make believe how they would do against them.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these Mocks are voted on based on a 7 game series most of the time, based off of what players did in the regular season definitely not based on post season stats.

Calm down, nothing is based off of ACTUALLY happened in the past, Mike Schmidt never faced Warren Span. Babe Ruth never faced Randy Johnson, etc..., we make believe how they would do against them.

I used Kershaw simply to show how he faired against what might be considered the best teams in big games.

Not sure what the calm down comment is about, who cares if Babe faced Randy what we are doing is sharing our opinions using things we know about the game and the history of the game. I believe I gave a good example to support my OPINION that hitting wins. I just don't believe some realize how difficult it would be to go through a hall of fame lineup even once but to try and do it two or three times is simply insane.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used Kershaw simply to show how he faired against what might be considered the best teams in big games.

Not sure what the calm down comment is about, who cares if Babe faced Randy what we are doing is sharing our opinions using things we know about the game and the history of the game. I believe I gave a good example to support my OPINION that hitting wins. I just don't believe some realize how difficult it would be to go through a hall of fame lineup even once but to try and do it two or three times is simply insane.

I do agree with lots of this, and I feel that most of us in our analysis don't have many pitchers going deeper than 6 innings... This is actually why I think bullpen is so important in these mocks... So, no I don't think great offenses necessarily beat great pitching, but I do think great pitching needs support outside of just the rotation. while Great offense doesn't especially need a great bench...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for team info from Milk and Smitty

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absurd. HOF hitting and pitching counter each other. You gotta have both.

You yourself have said you think Kershaw is already as good as Koufax, look at Kershaw's numbers in the post season or again against good teams in big games, not very good and thats pitching to other pitchers and guys hitting .250 now ask yourself how would he do facing a lineup of the greatest players who ever played? Answer... He'd get destroyed!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You yourself have said you think Kershaw is already as good as Koufax, look at Kershaw's numbers in the post season or again against good teams in big games, not very good and thats pitching to other pitchers and guys hitting .250 now ask yourself how would he do facing a lineup of the greatest players who ever played? Answer... He'd get destroyed!
So Kershaw choked in the postseason...your own example blows you up. You talked about KC's bats winning the WS...laughable. They were being shut out till the 9th inning. They got a couple of runs because the Mets idiot manager didn't bring in his closer with a 2 run lead in the 9th, and because they have sub par defensive players at 1st, 2nd, 3rd and catcher. KC manufactured runs, they didn't bang runs out. KC won because of their great pitching, especially in their bullpen, and their outstanding defense. Look at how most of the Royals big innings started/continued, it was because Cespedes kicked the ball around like Mia Hamm, Noodle arm Wright 3 hops it to 1st, skillet hands Murphy clanged it at 2nd, or Duda chunked it into the sweet bye and bye. And lets not forget their catcher, who hasn't thrown anyone out since SEPTEMBER turning every single into a double

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I talked about the Royals bats winning the WS.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I talked about the Royals bats winning the WS.

Its not that you did, but if you(you didn't bring it up originally) bring this mets team as an example of how pitching doesn't always win, then you are insinuating that it was the KC bats that won it...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not that you did, but if you(you didn't bring it up originally) bring this mets team as an example of how pitching doesn't always win, then you are insinuating that it was the KC bats that won it...
Correct. Unless he wants to concede pitching win it....

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope, nice try but these are not the best players who ever lived, comparing the Mets and Royals to the greatest players who ever played is like comparing you to one of the Mets or Royals.

Oh and I did none of what your saying I insinuated..

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this where you show me I talked about the Royals bats winning the WS?
Fine, I digress. So you do agree the Totals pitching win it?

Instead of pulling some random Kershaw state, how about just going to the AL Championship.. Toronto has a record setting lineup, a hundred runs more than anyone this year, 40 homers guys all through the lineup....how's that work out?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, I digress. So you do agree the Totals pitching win it?

Instead of pulling some random Kershaw state, how about just going to the AL Championship.. Toronto has a record setting lineup, a hundred runs more than anyone this year, 40 homers guys all through the lineup....how's that work out?

Again... THEY ARE NOT THE BEST HITTERS WHO EVER PLAYED. How is Kershaw a random stat you yourself said he was as good as Koufax who some consider one of the best pitchers of all time. I'll find other examples if you want me too. It's almost like you guys don't understand no matter how good a pitcher was he did not have to face a lineup full of the best hitters who ever played. Facing Ty Cobb 3 times isn't the same as facing Joey Cora 3 times.

You guys seem to be arguing against something I never said which has become quite comical for me. I never said in todays game a team cant get hot and beat another team with hitting or pitching, what I have said all along is HALL OF FAME HITTING BEATS HALL OF FAME PITCHING.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... THEY ARE NOT THE BEST HITTERS WHO EVER PLAYED. How is Kershaw a random stat you yourself said he was as good as Koufax who some consider one of the best pitchers of all time. I'll find other examples if you want me too. It's almost like you guys don't understand no matter how good a pitcher was he did not have to face a lineup full of the best hitters who ever played. Facing Ty Cobb 3 times isn't the same as facing Joey Cora 3 times.

You guys seem to be arguing against something I never said which has become quite comical for me. I never said in todays game a team cant get hot and beat another team with hitting or pitching, what I have said all along is HALL OF FAME HITTING BEATS HALL OF FAME PITCHING.
Yell all you want, the old saying is still great pitching beats great hitting....for a reason

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yell all you want, the old saying is still great pitching beats great hitting....for a reason

yea, but I kind of believe that bullpen is just as important as rotation... and that's kind of the problem... would you agree that 50% of baseball is about offense, the other 50% is pitching and defense?? Then if Bullpen is just as important as starting rotation, then that really makes offense more important than pitching because pitching is more separated...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I have to yell being you arent listening. The old saying did not apply to a lineup FULL OF HALL OF FAMERS.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, but I kind of believe that bullpen is just as important as rotation... and that's kind of the problem... would you agree that 50% of baseball is about offense, the other 50% is pitching and defense?? Then if Bullpen is just as important as starting rotation, then that really makes offense more important than pitching because pitching is more separated...

Bullpen is not as important as rotation, nobody in the pen is going to be asked to face a hitter more than once, starters will be asked to get most hitters out at least 2 or 3 times.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the bullpen can be the most important part...as can the offense, defense and starting pitching. Defense in these mocks is totally ignored, but the Mets just lost the Series in large part because of their horrible defense and the Royals great pen.

I believe there is no magic formula in the Mocks. You can go great hitting in the mocks, but if you don't have an offense that can score, you are gonna lose. Makes for great debates though. Hopefully, we can start the baseball mock before new years:mad2: