• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MNFB GDT Green Bay @ Seattle 9/24/'12

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the final call wasn't one of the three worst calls in the game. The Chancellor PI, the roughing Wilson call, and the Shields PI were much worse.

On the final play, when they hit the ground, Tate had two hands on the ball. He never let go and he eventually came away with it. Jennings clearly had better possession, but I can see a plausible argument for simultaneous possession.

But what do you say about him pushing the defender to the ground before he went for the ball?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happens if it was the "official" refs that made that call... same panic attack?

rule is tie goes to the offense. But it looked like Defense made the catch but offense put his arms in... terrible judgement call but a judgement call it was...

trust i wanted seattle to lose lol they got lucky...

The official refs make the right call so it is a moot point. No one who has any idea of the rules would rule that catch for the Seahawks, the refs are just in above their heads.

It didn't even look like a tie, the defender had both hands on the ball and clutched into his chest, the reciever had one hand on the ball and then brought his second one in late. Not even close.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happens if it was the "official" refs that made that call... same panic attack?

rule is tie goes to the offense. But it looked like Defense made the catch but offense put his arms in... terrible judgement call but a judgement call it was...

trust i wanted seattle to lose lol they got lucky...

Even if the judgement call on the field is that both of them caught it the replay should have easily been enough to over turn that call. It was clear that Jennings caught the ball and Tate just had an arm in there until they hit the ground and he tried to wrestle it away. I don't get how they go to replay and could not see that and change the call on the field. All catches can be reviewed and it was an easy to call to make that Tate never had possession of the ball until after the play was over.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude this has never happened before. Have you ever seen anything like that? If so please share.....

The outcry is because the NFL has been screwed up with terrible calls this entire season, we need the refs back, it is ruining the game without a doubt. This epic failure is just the icing on the cake. Why not bash them?

I wanna hear football, not 24/7 ref bashing... lol

Tirico and Gruden have absolutely gotten on my nerves with this crap. I'm not blind, i know the refs are bad, Don't spend the whole game taking shots at them.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tirico and Gruden have absolutely gotten on my nerves with this crap. I'm not blind, i know the refs are bad, Don't spend the whole game taking shots at them.

I want football too, they are screwing it up.

Why not take shots at them? They are ruining the game with their ridiculous bs. I'd love to watch an actual football game.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no dont get me wrong, its a horrible terrible call, i would be crying murder had it been vs the niners but my post was more towards what i'm hearing/seeing from ESPN(not you guys) they're fucking having panic attacks as if world war 3 just broke out.

They acting like its the first time a bad call was made at the end of the game...

that's my beef... the "official" refs weren't saints themselves... the replacements are easy pickings for the obvious but its just becoming abusive.

I agree with you that the regular refs fuck up pretty bad, but just seeing this one right now was really bad. And when there is already momentum of bashing because of some pretty sketchy calls it is easy to vent.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This means the Saints will be 0-4.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The things I'm focusing on more with the people I'm watching with right now are:

1) How they heck do you not bat that ball down if you're a Packers defender?

2) How do you miss P.I. on Tate?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody will care after that final play but as far as earlier calls go, that Shields P.I. earlier in the 4th was the correct call, in my opinion. I'll have to look at it again, though.

If anything it was offensive pi. Shields was looking at the ball and the receiver grabbed him with his right arm, pulled him close and away from the ball to stop him from intercepting it.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the final call wasn't one of the three worst calls in the game. The Chancellor PI, the roughing Wilson call, and the Shields PI were much worse.

On the final play, when they hit the ground, Tate had two hands on the ball. He never let go and he eventually came away with it. Jennings clearly had better possession, but I can see a plausible argument for simultaneous possession.

No you cannot because they just explained that as NFL rule if a defender has the ball and the second player comes in after possession is made then it goes to the defender. It was clear after future review that this is what happened. It isn't as if they had one shot at the call, they went under the hood and stuck with the ridiculous call. No excuse.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The things I'm focusing on more with the people I'm watching with right now are:

1) How they heck do you not bat that ball down if you're a Packers defender?

2) How do you miss P.I. on Tate?

Pozz... like we were saying earlier, the Titans defender batted it down and that was a TD for Detroit. Most hailmary catches you see are batted balls.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is getting on my nerve is the Seahawks acting as if they won the game and it was a great play by them instead of a fuck up by the homer refs.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The official refs make the right call so it is a moot point. No one who has any idea of the rules would rule that catch for the Seahawks, the refs are just in above their heads.

It didn't even look like a tie, the defender had both hands on the ball and clutched into his chest, the reciever had one hand on the ball and then brought his second one in late. Not even close.

official refs make right calls but also make make bad calls. They're not infallable, they've made mistakes as well but not to this crap we're seeing.

I agree it didn't look like a tie, Jennings had possesion IMO but if they rule a tie, tie goes to offense.

Watch we get an agreement tomorrow with the official refs lol

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the judgement call on the field is that both of them caught it the replay should have easily been enough to over turn that call. It was clear that Jennings caught the ball and Tate just had an arm in there until they hit the ground and he tried to wrestle it away. I don't get how they go to replay and could not see that and change the call on the field. All catches can be reviewed and it was an easy to call to make that Tate never had possession of the ball until after the play was over.

how do you overturn simultaneous catch? It wasn't IMO but i think that's what they ruled...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you overturn simultaneous catch? It wasn't IMO but i think that's what they ruled...

I don't think they can overturn that. Why does the guy in the back waiving it as an INT and game over not step in and tell the guy signalling TD that he is on crack. I believe a slap in the face would also have been an acceptable reaction.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The officials are not only bad, they are indecisive and can't seem to properly manage a NFL game. How many times have you seen the officials lose control of a game this season? Also, the calls the officials make are clearly being affected by the crowd, coaches, and players.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you cannot because they just explained that as NFL rule if a defender has the ball and the second player comes in after possession is made then it goes to the defender. It was clear after future review that this is what happened. It isn't as if they had one shot at the call, they went under the hood and stuck with the ridiculous call. No excuse.

Tate had two hands on the ball when they went to the ground. Possession can't be made before they went to the ground. The fact that a few SportsCenter anchors insist that is what happened doesn't mean they are right. In fact, I put a lot more weight into the fact that ChrisPozz disagrees with me than the SportsCenter anchors.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yea that was rather a quick review, i honestly expected a longer review.

Don't forget the replay officials are still the same ones from previous years, they aren't replacements either