• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: MNF- Seattle returns to the Big Apple. Komo/ESPN/CTV 2?/ TSN 8:15-5:15

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy we got the win in dominating fashion. Yeah, some things could have been better for sure but winning in this league ain't easy. It would have been nice to have the O clicking too but when do we ever see our D and O both play well on the same night so whatever. We left points out there as well. Going for it on 4th down was probably unnecessary but if Geno would have had his head in the right space and led Charbonnet just a bit, that's an easy pitch and catch and buries the Giants so not going to nitpick.
Not going to get all critical about Adams today. Concussions are something that can be unpredictable and random in a fast and violent game. Felt bad for Jamall but it's not a soft tissue thing or something you can label as "brittle". It's just bad luck. The bye week gives him plenty of time to clear protocol and on that note, as much as we all hated the scheduling of that bye week before the season, it actually helps the team. Should be able to get a lot of our starters back and healthy before we go to Cincy. Being 3-1 and only a game back of San Fran is a good spot to be in. Lots of season left.
One last observation on the defense, fwiw. We've been absolutely bashing Clint Hurt and some criticism is deserved. But his group has been playing short handed through the first quarter of the season. For those thinking Ken Norton would be a better alternative, have we forgotten Norton's complete unwillingness to bring pressures? Hurt saw a weakness and exploited it last night. That wasn't just one edge rusher having a great night. That was people coming from all over knowing that the Giants didn't have an answer and if you heard Witherspoon's post game interview, he explained how the film study and the coaches knew exactly what to expect from Jones and exploited that. We can all say "yeah, but, it's the Giants" but it's still an impressive showing by the defense, regardless of the competition. Oh, and Witherspoon is the real deal, y'all. This was just a glimpse of what is to come.

Great point.... With all the complaining we've done over the past year or so about Clint Hurt, we need to give props where it's due... Our defense has played well in games 2 and 3 and then just dominated in week 4... He definitely deserves props for the defense producing like it is right now...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also shout out to Witherspoon he is looking like a great pick. His cockiness and energy is exactly what this defense needs. No more crying about Jalen Carter

I mean Jalen Carter looks good in Philly, PFF has him graded as a 92 or so (Witherspoon around 80 after his lights out performance last night).

Only issue with Carter is:
1) He's playing on a fairly stacked DL at the moment.
2) He's playing < 50% of the snaps so he's basically always fresh when he's on the field.

Witherspoon on the other hand is playing 100% of the snaps.

So yah, I'd like to see more of Witherspoon before I crown him and stop whining about the draft pick, but he's looked great in the 3 games. Carter has looked good too, though.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're giving Drew Lock waaayy too much credit for that TD drive...

Yah I was curious to see what Lock would do last night since Geno seemed a bit asleep (but our OL was in shambles lol, we really need the bye week to hopefully get Cross, Lewis, Haynes back. I think Lucas will be out until week 8 or 10) but Lock didn't really do much either lol. The Fant play was ALL Fant, sure Lock completed the throw, but let's get real here. That was a Jimmy Garporlrorlrorl special (short pass, receiver does all the work). Outside of that he was 1-5 with hardly any yards and 2 of those misses were horrible throws to guys WIDE open that any GOOD QB on his game would make.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Jalen Carter looks good in Philly, PFF has him graded as a 92 or so (Witherspoon around 80 after his lights out performance last night).

Only issue with Carter is:
1) He's playing on a fairly stacked DL at the moment.
2) He's playing < 50% of the snaps so he's basically always fresh when he's on the field.

Witherspoon on the other hand is playing 100% of the snaps.

So yah, I'd like to see more of Witherspoon before I crown him and stop whining about the draft pick, but he's looked great in the 3 games. Carter has looked good too, though.

We might not know who the better pick is even at the end of this season. A big issue with Jalen is whether he will stay motivated or not.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might not know who the better pick is even at the end of this season. A big issue with Jalen is whether he will stay motivated or not.

True. Also with Jalen, if he was on a different team marching him out there let's say 70% of the snaps or 75%, he may be much worse. The Eagles have a pretty stacked DT rotation.

On the flip side, and it was brought up last night by the people interviewing him post review and I've been saying it all season... Devon Witherspoon is playing corner like a linebacker... and yah, it's awesome... but, are we going to see Jamal Adams 2.0. With him laying out those big hits and his size, could be an injury risk?

I mean it's 4 games in (3 for Devon) so you can speculate all you want. I'm just throwing it out there. Hell there's a chance Carter stops caring and becomes a bust and Witherspoon turns into Jamal Adams and becomes a bust. Whatever whatever.

That said, I'll gladly eat crow for now since I was definitely in the "Hated the pick/F grade, blah blah blah" camp. As for him playing nickel (which he said he actually enjoys more), if he's going to have a similar impact (not asking for the same performance, that's DPOY kind of stuff) every week like that in a nickel, so be it. Fine. I'll spend a top 5 pick on that all day. In the meantime, I'd love for Witherspoon to teach the rest of our secondary (exception of Adams) how to tackle like he does.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I was curious to see what Lock would do last night since Geno seemed a bit asleep (but our OL was in shambles lol, we really need the bye week to hopefully get Cross, Lewis, Haynes back. I think Lucas will be out until week 8 or 10) but Lock didn't really do much either lol. The Fant play was ALL Fant, sure Lock completed the throw, but let's get real here. That was a Jimmy Garporlrorlrorl special (short pass, receiver does all the work). Outside of that he was 1-5 with hardly any yards and 2 of those misses were horrible throws to guys WIDE open that any GOOD QB on his game would make.

Yeah. Lock had 2 really bad misses. He had a good pass to Metcalf. And he had a decent pass to Fant who made a big play.

To say he outplayed Geno is kinda ludicrous. Not that I'm trashing the kid because he was only involved in one drive.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Lock had 2 really bad misses. He had a good pass to Metcalf. And he had a decent pass to Fant who made a big play.

To say he outplayed Geno is kinda ludicrous. Not that I'm trashing the kid because he was only involved in one drive.

Yah I mean I said it here. Geno didn't really have a good game. He almost threw that pick to Thibs (which likely would've been goin for 6), missed open guys, etc.

That said, to say Lock was great and had the only good drive is ridiculous as well. To be clear, Fant had the only good drive... lol. Hell most of us could've made that throw.

Now I can't really blame either of them because we literally had none of our starters at their position on the OL and the Giants' probably only strength at the moment outside of Barkley (who was out) is their DL lol. Jokes aside on the General forum, in seriousness I expected a low scoring game. And it was. Take away the INT TD and the freebie TD thanks to Super Mario, and it's a < 24 combined points type of game lol.

One person who I did think had a mediocre game that really shouldn't have was JSN. Let one go through his hands and then had a good 5 yards of space to beat that defender on the short pass and he looked SO slow. Like didn't even put on a move. Just kind of ran right into the guy lol.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Also with Jalen, if he was on a different team marching him out there let's say 70% of the snaps or 75%, he may be much worse. The Eagles have a pretty stacked DT rotation.

On the flip side, and it was brought up last night by the people interviewing him post review and I've been saying it all season... Devon Witherspoon is playing corner like a linebacker... and yah, it's awesome... but, are we going to see Jamal Adams 2.0. With him laying out those big hits and his size, could be an injury risk?

I mean it's 4 games in (3 for Devon) so you can speculate all you want. I'm just throwing it out there. Hell there's a chance Carter stops caring and becomes a bust and Witherspoon turns into Jamal Adams and becomes a bust. Whatever whatever.

That said, I'll gladly eat crow for now since I was definitely in the "Hated the pick/F grade, blah blah blah" camp. As for him playing nickel (which he said he actually enjoys more), if he's going to have a similar impact (not asking for the same performance, that's DPOY kind of stuff) every week like that in a nickel, so be it. Fine. I'll spend a top 5 pick on that all day. In the meantime, I'd love for Witherspoon to teach the rest of our secondary (exception of Adams) how to tackle like he does.

Yeah. It's certainly possible that Spoon starts taking big injuries, although I would say that he probably won't have that many tackles. He only had 3 tackles last night. 2 of them for sacks.

But I absolutely LOVE that he can play inside and outside and play a different style with both.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It's certainly possible that Spoon starts taking big injuries, although I would say that he probably won't have that many tackles. He only had 3 tackles last night. 2 of them for sacks.

But I absolutely LOVE that he can play inside and outside and play a different style with both.

I see 6 (so 4 without the 2 sacks) but 7 combined. A lot last game as well.

1696357183888.png

Now your other point about Devon playing outside and then due to injuries (sigh, WTF is it the water in Seattle? Jesus Christ) they moved him inside and he just... made it work. That's very unnatural for corners to do that btw... For example, Coby was an outside corner in college. They tried to move him into nickel and it didn't really work at all. Playing nickel vs. playing outside are two VERY different things. So the fact he can play all over is pretty remarkable. I actually think you could move him to strong safety and he'd do that just as fine too. That's a pretty cool thing, very versatile DB which makes sense outside of his attitude why Pete loved him (Pete LOVES the versatile guys - he's drafted them throughout his time with Seattle whether it's DL, OL, DB, LB, EDGE, etc.).

Now this was the Giants, with a shitty OL and Jones constantly hurried. The Bengals may not be much better if Joe doesn't heal or actually get some rest, and they have a crappy OL too. It'll be interesting when they go up against a more potent passing attack how he plays.

I would actually throw him in nickel against the Ravens though. I think his instincts are incredible for a rookie and he'll sniff out Lamar runs real quick.

In his press conference he said he actually likes nickel more than outside. I think just because he's around the ball more.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dabol got reallypissed at danny dimes after he threw the pick 6.threw an i pad at him

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some tough D.

Geno was rightfully pissed off.
the guy who rolled his leg got called for several penalities last night before the hit on smith.he was really pissed though,something you hardly see is a pissed off qb after a hit in the nfl.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dabol got reallypissed at danny dimes after he threw the pick 6.threw an i pad at him

lol it was at the assistant coach or different guy I think, but yah - Jones was sitting right there. He made no further comment in the press conference, although:

Brian Daboll briefly discusses the tablet incident caught on ESPN, doesn't want to get into details
Q: "What did you want him to do on that play?"
BD: "Obviously not throw an interception"

:pound:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy who rolled his leg got called for several penalities last night before the hit on smith.he was really pissed though,something you hardly see is a pissed off qb after a hit in the nfl.

I liked seeing him walk across the field and "have a chat".

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mind Geno walking over there and having a chat. I lip read the F off by the Giants player (or something to that effect) as you'd naturally expect.

What pissed me off was when Geno taunted the sideline after getting Seattle across midfield putting them back in their own territory. C'mon man. You said what you needed to say, now STFU and knock it off and play the game. The hit honestly didn't even look dirty to me - might've been a little late but nothing insane, as a Hawks fan I wasn't screaming for a flag.

This isn't the first time Geno has done this. Last year I can't remember the situation (bad call or something, I don't think it was personal) but Geno was coming out on the field pissed about it obviously and Carroll said, "Geno, hey GENO!" and basically motioned with his hands to calm down. Here's the YouTube link:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way that it went down, he could easily have had both ankles or Achilles damaged. That’s why he was pissed off.

He hauled them down from the front, but the result was exactly like a horse collar.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Reed is just a shin bruise which is fantastic because he's playing above average this year and our DL depth is so thin.

Lewis a twisted ankle, not sure what that means but no tears or broken things.

Haynes re-aggravated a calf injury from the week 3 miss which God only knows what that means. I like Bradford but losing Lewis/Haynes for more than a few weeks almost necessitates our need to sign someone. Maybe Cross comes back, Curhan can play guard (his natural position) and put Stone/Peters, etc. at right tackle, but bleh.

Adams we've talked about with the concussion but even Carroll said he should be good to go for Cincy.

As for Geno, I haven't heard anything big, but ya gotta wonder if he's 100% even though he came back in. Could be a Burrow situation where he played but something isn't quite there. Who knows. Time will tell.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time the Seahawks had 11 sacks was against the Raiders in 1986... Hawks won, 37-0...

1696368716748.png

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had every intention to be.

I was watching NFL Live and they were breaking down the pick 6.

There was a Giant free in the EZ.