• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 90 WRs for dynasty league - ESPN Insider

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to build my fantasy dynasty teams around the wide receiver position. It is the safest position, there are ton of options to pick from, and it can pay off for the long term while still supplying you with a bevy of fantasy points on a week-to-week basis. When it comes to choosing wide receivers for my dynasty leagues, I covet youth and upside; if you land a young stud wideout, he might be a serious asset for up to 10 seasons, and the drop-off is not as early or as severe as it is at running back.

Here are the top 90 fantasy wide receivers for dynasty leagues, with in-depth write-ups on the top 60.

1. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions

Although the next four names are all awesome dynasty assets, Johnson remains the king. But for how much longer? The health of his knees is concerning. But Johnson is in an excellent situation. The additions of Golden Tate and Eric Ebron should shift some attention away from Megatron's side of the field. Johnson is still in the prime of a career that will soon be compared to that of the all-time greats. Even when he does lose a step, most cornerbacks still won't be able to keep up.

2. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys

Bryant represents everything you want in a dynasty wideout. Although his name appears on the injury list more often than any owner would like, he is the featured player in a pass-heavy offense with a quality quarterback and a defense that looks to allow a ton of points this year -- and perhaps for years down the road. Despite the many questions about his health, there are few about his toughness: Bryant plays through his injuries and hasn't missed time since 2011. Maybe no coordinator in the league likes to throw the ball more than new Dallas offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, who helped generate a ton of production from Johnson in Detroit. Bryant is a touchdown machine and great after the catch. And he's only getting better.

3. A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals

Green is an elite talent with a long frame, uncanny ball skills and big-play ability. Although he had some down games last year and has a very average quarterback, Green has posted remarkably impressive stat lines each of the past two seasons. There is talk that the Bengals will throw less frequently going forward, but I would be shocked if Marvin Lewis allows Green's targets to decrease. The argument could be made that Green should top this list.

4. Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons

The only real negative that I can come up with for Jones is his foot injury. He was unstoppable in his five games during the 2013 season before landing on injured reserve. And an improved Falcons' offense line should only help. Incredibly big, fast, strong and outstanding after the catch, Jones is nevertheless rawer than these other studs in the top five. The best is yet to come.

5. Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos

Like Green, Thomas has posted two great and very similar stat lines over the past two seasons. Like those above him in these ranks, Thomas has it all. His skills transcend that of his quarterback. Thomas can burn a cornerback deep or on intermediate routes. He can catch the ball in the backfield off a screen and burn defenders after the catch. He will be a force for years to come, no matter who is throwing him the ball.

6. Alshon Jeffrey, Chicago Bears

There is a drop off in the rankings after Thomas. But Jeffrey is still awfully enticing. He came on like gangbusters last season and represents a massive mismatch that Marc Trestman can exploit to the Bears' (and fantasy owners') advantage. Jay Cutler might prefer Brandon Marshall, but with Cutler's freewheeling style, I bet he warms up to throwing 50-50 balls to Jeffrey, who has some of the best ball skills in the league. Few cover men have a chance going up for a ball against Jeffery. He is going to score a ton of touchdowns in his career.

7. Sammy Watkins, Buffalo Bills

I am smitten with Watkins. I think he is just a tad shy of being on the Dez Bryant/Julio Jones level of talent, which makes him a nearly-elite wide receiver prospect and difference-maker. However, I am not as fond of Watkins' situation and, more specifically, his quarterback situation. Doug Marrone does a good job getting his weapons into space, and Watkins is great with the ball in his hands as an elusive and powerful runner, but EJ Manuel still frightens me, considering what Watkins costs to obtain.

8. Mike Evans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Evans is a tremendous fantasy-friendly talent. Not only should Evans benefit from learning from Vincent Jackson, but he also could prosper early on with the attention Jackson receives from opposing defenses. Evans also joins a team that, aside from Jackson, is extremely light at the wide receiver position, so the starting job should be his from day one. I don't love his quarterback situation in Tampa Bay, and yet, Evans should be a huge factor down the field and especially in the red zone. And at just 20 years old, he's got a long career ahead of him. There is an argument to be made for taking Evans over Watkins at the top of your rookie draft.

9. Cordarrelle Patterson, Minnesota Vikings

As we began to see late last season, Patterson is simply an amazing specimen. With the ball in his hands, Patterson is as good as it gets. Simply put, he has everything needed to excel as an NFL wide receiver. Norv Turner brings a highly vertical passing scheme to Minnesota. And while Patterson is still raw, he has the physical characteristics to develop into one of the best deep threats in football. There is risk here but reward too: Patterson could one day rank No. 1 on this list.

10. Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers

Brown flourished as the Steelers' true No. 1 receiver in 2013 and finished second in the NFL in receptions. But don't mistake Brown as a possession receiver. He is very explosive and agile and is extremely dangerous after the catch. He shows toughness, but his size is a hindrance near the goal line. The Steelers have acquired some new targets for Ben Roethlisberger, but there is no reason to think Brown should not remain the No. 1 option here for some time.

11. Randall Cobb, Green Bay Packers
12. Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears
13. Keenan Allen, San Diego Chargers
14. Michael Floyd, Arizona Cardinals
15. Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers
16. Pierre Garcon, Washington Redskins
17. Michael Crabtree, San Francisco 49ers
18. Percy Harvin, Seattle Seahawks
19. Torrey Smith, Baltimore Ravens
20. Victor Cruz, New York Giants
21. Brandin Cooks, New Orleans Saints
22. DeSean Jackson, Washington Redskins
23. Vincent Jackson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
24. Josh Gordon, Cleveland Browns
25. DeAndre Hopkins, Houston Texans
26. Mike Wallace, Miami Dolphins
27. Jeremy Maclin, Philadelphia Eagles
28. T.Y. Hilton, Indianapolis Colts
29. Justin Hunter, Tennessee Titans
30. Emmanuel Sanders, Denver Broncos
31. Terrence Williams, Dallas Cowboys
32. Odell Beckham Jr., New York Giants
33. Davante Adams, Green Bay Packers
34. Kendall Wright, Tennessee Titans
35. Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
36. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans
37. Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons
38. Kenny Stills, New Orleans Saints
39. Cody Latimer, Denver Broncos
40. Jordan Matthews, Philadelphia Eagles
41. Golden Tate, Detroit Lions
42. Paul Richardson, Seattle Seahawks
43. Marqise Lee, Jacksonville Jaguars
44. Cecil Shorts, Jacksonville Jaguars
45. Tavon Austin, St. Louis Rams
46. Eric Decker, New York Jets
47. Markus Wheaton, Pittsburgh Steelers
48. Kelvin Benjamin, Carolina Panthers
49. Allen Robinson, Jacksonville Jaguars
50. Wes Welker, Denver Broncos
51. Marques Colston, New Orleans Saints
52. Hakeem Nicks, Indianapolis Colts
53. Aaron Dobson, New England Patriots
54. Rueben Randle, New York Giants
55. Julian Edelman, New England Patriots
56. Marquess Wilson, Chicago Bears
57. Martavis Bryant, Pittsburgh Steelers
58. Donte Moncrief, Indianapolis Colts
59. Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs
60. Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis Colts
61. Riley Cooper, Philadelphia Eagles
62. Justin Blackmon, Jacksonville Jaguars
63. Marvin Jones, Cincinnati Bengals
64. James Jones, Oakland Raiders
65. Greg Jennings, Minnesota Vikings
66. Mike Williams, Buffalo Bills
67. Anquan Boldin, San Francisco 49ers
68. Miles Austin, Cleveland Browns
69. Jarvis Landry, Miami Dolphins
70. Jarrett Boykin, Green Bay Packers
71. Robert Woods, Buffalo Bills
72. Andre Holmes, Oakland Raiders
73. Steve Johnson San Francisco 49ers
74. Kenny Britt, St. Louis Rams
75. Harry Douglas, Atlanta Falcons
76. Danny Amendola, New England Patriots
77. Brian Hartline, Miami Dolphins
78. Sidney Rice, Seattle Seahawks
79. Santonio Holmes, Free agent
80. Marlon Brown, Baltimore Ravens
81. Stedman Bailey, St. Louis Rams
82. Jerricho Cotchery, Carolina Panthers
83. John Brown, Arizona Cardinals
84. Denarius Moore, Oakland Raiders
85. Marquise Goodwin, Buffalo Bills
86. Steve Smith, Baltimore Ravens
87. Doug Baldwin, Seattle Seahawks
88. Rod Streater, Oakland Raiders
89. Brandon LaFell, New England Patriots
90. A.J. Jenkins, Kansas City Chiefs

Calvin Johnson leads rankings of top 90 dynasty wide receivers - Fantasy Football - Fantasy Football - ESPN

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped reading after #7. Watkins??!!@#1st!?? Ahead of guys like Cobb, Floyd, Crabtree...etc.

Wow.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't complain about a guy sticking a rookie on a dynasty list.

But I will complain about putting on a guy who's retired - not to mention a guy without a team who hasn't had 1000 yards since 2009.

People pay for this?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't complain about a guy sticking a rookie on a dynasty list.

But I will complain about putting on a guy who's retired - not to mention a guy without a team who hasn't had 1000 yards since 2009.

People pay for this?

I don't pay for it for these articles.