• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: MNF- Seattle returns to the Big Apple. Komo/ESPN/CTV 2?/ TSN 8:15-5:15

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were railing about how he was the luckiest QB ever in the offseason. And so far you have criticized him after nearly every game. I don't think you have a vendetta. But I do think that your desire to be right is altering your perspective.

Geno did not suck ass on Monday. He was playing with the lead, with a makeshift OL that had zero players in the right position, 2 rookies, and 1 starter playing. Sure, he missed throws. He may have missed receivers as well, although I think you overstate that by a large margin given how little time he had in the pocket.

But he wasn't the one who called a dubious interference call on Tyler Lockett. He wasn't the one who stepped out of bounds negated a 25 yard reception. He wasn't the one getting called for holding.

I guarantee you that Pete gave Geno a huge high 5 for his play on Monday. Not because he was so good. But because he let the defense win the game and didn't get in the way of that. Compare that with Daniel Jones play last night in front of a makeshift OL.

Trust me, if Geno starts costing us games I will be right there with you calling for Lock to step in. That hasn't happened yet. And, IMO, we can't really measure how good Geno will be when our OL is in such shambles. Hopefully in 2 weeks we will see Cross and Lewis back in the lineup for the Bengals and Abe for the Cards game. Because the one thing I will say is that when Geno had time in that Lions game, he looked awesome.

He was Lucky, Extremely that doesn't mean i hate him that just means as proven by stats he was LUCKY.

I like how you all bring up a make shift oline but ignore the fact they are doing GREAT! This makeshift Oline is out playing our Olines for the last 10 years!

He was the one getting a 15 yard penalty on one of our rare good plays .. He was the one crying about a clean hit when he was still 3 yards in bounds that the tackle carried out of bounds and the tackler "Let go" he was the one that had 110 yards passing. He was the one that scored 1 TD against a Giants team that had up to that point given up 31 PPG because the Defense gave him the ball at the 7 yard line. He was the QB that put up the least amount of points against the Giants this year. He was the one starting QB to throw for the least amount of yards against the Giants in this season. Nothing he did was good other than a gift TD from the defense.

I'm sorry but Geno Smith is a bottom to mid quality starter This season and he hasn't got the Luck he had last year early. Look at his what last 9-10 games last season, He was average. Look at his 4 games this season... His numbers ( Total ) are average. Our Offense is STACKED minus the QB.

Lets stop ignoring how GOOD the Seahawks Oline has played in the passing game. Yes the run blocking hasn't been all that good but they are pass blocking their asses off.

Olu Oluwatimi didn't allow a single pressure on 19 pass snaps and Bradford did well, those two players earned a 78.5 and 77.0 grades respectively in reserve duty. Lets give credit where credit is do and stop ignoring it to protect someone who doesn't deserve or has not EARNED the right for you all to protect them.

When a starting pitcher is trash in a game they Yank him. Geno is a grown ass man and they should yank him if he is sucking ass. He can handle being benched for the remainder of a game he is playing shit in. He spent YEARS on the bench lol.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was Lucky, Extremely that doesn't mean i hate him that just means as proven by stats he was LUCKY.

I like how you all bring up a make shift oline but ignore the fact they are doing GREAT! This makeshift Oline is out playing our Olines for the last 10 years!

If you thought that the OL played great on Monday night then you and I were watching a very different game. I think they have done an admirable job given the injuries but they were roughed up on Monday, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

PFF graded the Seahawks pass blocking as 36.4. In fact look at the PFF grades for the season so far..

1696466571556.png

I think the Rams grade is deceiving because it was night and day after Abe and Cross went down.

He was the one getting a 15 yard penalty on one of our rare good plays .. He was the one crying about a clean hit when he was still 3 yards in bounds that the tackle carried out of bounds and the tackler "Let go" he was the one that had 110 yards passing. He was the one that scored 1 TD against a Giants team that had up to that point given up 31 PPG because the Defense gave him the ball at the 7 yard line. He was the QB that put up the least amount of points against the Giants this year. He was the one starting QB to throw for the least amount of yards against the Giants in this season. Nothing he did was good other than a gift TD from the defense.

It's comments like this that suggest you have an axe to grind. You are basically arguing that he's bad because he didn't light up the Giants in this one game.

Oddly enough, I didn't see you praise him after the Lions game.

I'm sorry but Geno Smith is a bottom to mid quality starter This season and he hasn't got the Luck he had last year early. Look at his what last 9-10 games last season, He was average. Look at his 4 games this season... His numbers ( Total ) are average. Our Offense is STACKED minus the QB.

Sooo you think there are 16 better QBs in the league than Geno?

Lets stop ignoring how GOOD the Seahawks Oline has played in the passing game. Yes the run blocking hasn't been all that good but they are pass blocking their asses off.

Olu Oluwatimi didn't allow a single pressure on 19 pass snaps and Bradford did well, those two players earned a 78.5 and 77.0 grades respectively in reserve duty.

And yet the OL collectively got a 36.4 on pass blocking. Not sure where you are seeing Bradford's grade but I'm seeing 54.8 pass blocking and 44.6 overall. I'm seeing Jake Curhan with a 20.3 pass blocking rate and Stone Forsyth with a 39.

I think there is a ton reason to be excited about this OL. But Monday was not a great example of it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would i praise him? I also didn't bash him. I expected him to light up the Lions just as i expected him to light up the Giants. Oops that didn't happen. Lets not forget just how BAD he was in the Rams game also. I even said he has had a great game a good game and 2 bad games. You for some reason seem to think he has been HoF quality all season by the way you are trying to protect his piss poor play. Geno is who Geno is and if he is stinking up the place just like when a starting pitcher is getting rocked you YANK him and let Lock play thats what i have been SAYING! Let him ride the Bench for that game then Next week he gets another shot at it. He is a grown man and has spent YEARS on the bench because of piss poor play, let him taste it again and maybe it lights a fire under his sleep walking uninterested ass. When he got pissed in the Giants game i was like Good he plays MUCH better when he has some fire in him but NOPE he was just a fooking distraction and a cry baby and still played extremely poor.

And yes i see a makeshift Oline out there playing their asses off and playing great. After what seems like 10 years of a team that was LUCKY to get a 40 grade from their starters to see these young back-ups playing so well gives me hope. Many times MANY TIMES this season i have seen them keep Geno completely untouched for 3+ seconds. The fact that you are trying SO HARD to defend Geno blows my mind. You are basically saying he played as good as he could in the Giants game and that is BULLSHIT. He hurt the team with his play. Olu Oluwatimi graded out at 78.5 and Anthony Bradford graded out at 77.0 THOSE ARE GREAT GRADES for two BACK UP ROOKIES! Geno hasn't been sacked more than twice in a game yet and 2 of those sacks over this season were because GENO had a aneurysm or something. They had 10 games last year with 3+ sacks against them.

When Geno plays bad Sit him because a bad Geno doesn't mean Lock will be just as bad. I am in it for wins not loyalty to a sub par starter. I don't care WHO the QB is. If Lock plays like shit then so be it but we ALL have seen Back-ups come in and beat the seahawks a half dozen times with Geno out there why can't our Back-up do the same if Geno is smelling like 30 day old meat left out in the sun?

I have yet to see Geno play really bad then turn it on and play great he is either good to great or bad to worse. So if he is playing really bad like in the Giants game Sit him. Maybe he will get pissed and play with some emotion.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would i praise him? I also didn't bash him. I expected him to light up the Lions just as i expected him to light up the Giants. Oops that didn't happen. Lets not forget just how BAD he was in the Rams game also. I even said he has had a great game a good game and 2 bad games. You for some reason seem to think he has been HoF quality all season by the way you are trying to protect his piss poor play. Geno is who Geno is and if he is stinking up the place just like when a starting pitcher is getting rocked you YANK him and let Lock play thats what i have been SAYING! Let him ride the Bench for that game then Next week he gets another shot at it. He is a grown man and has spent YEARS on the bench because of piss poor play, let him taste it again and maybe it lights a fire under his sleep walking uninterested ass. When he got pissed in the Giants game i was like Good he plays MUCH better when he has some fire in him but NOPE he was just a fooking distraction and a cry baby and still played extremely poor.

I could tell you were going to be ridiculous once you said I was calling Geno HoF quality. Thank goodness our coach doesn't do what you want and yank starting QB who is winning just to see what the backup could do.

And yes i see a makeshift Oline out there playing their asses off and playing great. After what seems like 10 years of a team that was LUCKY to get a 40 grade from their starters to see these young back-ups playing so well gives me hope. Many times MANY TIMES this season i have seen them keep Geno completely untouched for 3+ seconds. The fact that you are trying SO HARD to defend Geno blows my mind. You are basically saying he played as good as he could in the Giants game and that is BULLSHIT. He hurt the team with his play. Olu Oluwatimi graded out at 78.5 and Anthony Bradford graded out at 77.0 THOSE ARE GREAT GRADES for two BACK UP ROOKIES! Geno hasn't been sacked more than twice in a game yet and 2 of those sacks over this season were because GENO had a aneurysm or something. They had 10 games last year with 3+ sacks against them.

What are you talking about? Anthony Bradford did not have a 77 grade. He had a 76.4 pass block grade against Carolina.

1696472102270.png

When Geno plays bad Sit him because a bad Geno doesn't mean Lock will be just as bad. I am in it for wins not loyalty to a sub par starter. I don't care WHO the QB is. If Lock plays like shit then so be it but we ALL have seen Back-ups come in a beat the seahawks a half dozen times with Geno out there why can't our Back-up do the same if Geno is smelling like 30 day old meat left out in the sun?

Like I said, you are looking for reasons to criticize Geno. You obviously are NOT in it for wins since you want to bench the QB who is 3-1. You are so over the top in your criticism I feel like you are just trolling. Even Mrs isn't this bad.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be a time when we have to look at Drew Lock. But now is not that time.

We are 3-1 despite having a complete patchwork of players on the OL. We are 3-1 despite our defense being pretty bad for the first 3 games.

And I am absolutely baffled by the people that are criticizing Geno for throwing it short. There are many things you can say about Geno, but an unwillingness to throw it deep is not one of them. But you need time to throw it deep. When Geno had time against the Lions and Panthers he was more than willing to throw it down the field. He didn't have much time in the pocket on Monday. You could even say that he was pressured almost as much as DJ was.

The Giants DL has some talent. Dexter Lawrence is one of the 5 best DTs in the game. Leonard Williams is very good. Thibadeaux is still young but shows signs of being a top level pass rusher. Which is why the Giants front 7 was all rated highly, especially when it came to pass rush.

Maybe lets see how the Seahawks do when most of their OL is back.

I am not advocating for Drew Lock and unless something happens cannot see any reason for him to start. Smith isn't playing well IMO but I don't think he will/should be benched. He's ok.

See, you've claimed now isn't the time to criticize him for his play - let me know when it's ok to criticize.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Geno plays bad Sit him because a bad Geno doesn't mean Lock will be just as bad. I am in it for wins not loyalty to a sub par starter. I don't care WHO the QB is. If Lock plays like shit then so be it but we ALL have seen Back-ups come in and beat the seahawks a half dozen times with Geno out there why can't our Back-up do the same if Geno is smelling like 30 day old meat left out in the sun?

I have yet to see Geno play really bad then turn it on and play great he is either good to great or bad to worse. So if he is playing really bad like in the Giants game Sit him. Maybe he will get pissed and play with some emotion.

Screamin... you're a good poster and I generally like your posts, but...

money-ball-what-the-fuck-are-you-talking-about-man.gif

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not advocating for Drew Lock and unless something happens cannot see any reason for him to start. Smith isn't playing well IMO but I don't think he will/should be benched. He's ok.

See, you've claimed now isn't the time to criticize him for his play - let me know when it's ok to criticize.

Where did I say now is not the time to criticize him?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say now is not the time to criticize him?

Sorry, misquoted.

You posted a tweet twice stating now is not the time to criticize the offense. I retract the assertion.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, misquoted.

You posted a tweet twice stating now is not the time to criticize the offense. I retract the assertion.

All good. I do think we should get a better idea of what the offense can do after the bye.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screamin... you're a good poster and I generally like your posts, but...

money-ball-what-the-fuck-are-you-talking-about-man.gif

What don't you understand that a middle of the pack QB should light up a poor defense? Hell we have seen it for the past 4+ years against our D. I expect more out of Geno and if he can't deliver then Put in Lock. Don't tie yourself to a "mediocre" QB like he is a star. If he plays like shit SIT HIS ASS DOWN. I think to get the most out of Geno you have to push his pride. Make him FIGHT for that job. When he has something to prove and is fired up that's when the best comes out of him. I don't hate Geno he just sleep walks through games and he doesn't seem to get it. Play with some fire some passion some heart. That's what this team needs and Geno doesn't provide that. Stop relying on luck because we all have seen his talent yet he goes into zombie mode WAY to often. He needs to be pushed to maximize his effort or we will just get mediocre to bad Geno for most of the season. We need to see If Lock can bring more fire to the offense and if not maybe it lights a fire under zombie mans ass and he picks up his play. Play off his pride to get better results on the field.

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What don't you understand that a middle of the pack QB should light up a poor defense? Hell we have seen it for the past 4+ years against our D. I expect more out of Geno and if he can't deliver then Put in Lock. Don't tie yourself to a "mediocre" QB like he is a star. If he plays like shit SIT HIS ASS DOWN. I think to get the most out of Geno you have to push his pride. Make him FIGHT for that job. When he has something to prove and is fired up that's when the best comes out of him. I don't hate Geno he just sleep walks through games and he doesn't seem to get it. Play with some fire some passion some heart. That's what this team needs and Geno doesn't provide that. Stop relying on luck because we all have seen his talent yet he goes into zombie mode WAY to often. He needs to be pushed to maximize his effort or we will just get mediocre to bad Geno for most of the season. We need to see If Lock can bring more fire to the offense and if not maybe it lights a fire under zombie mans ass and he picks up his play. Play off his pride to get better results on the field.
As I said before Screamin. I Agree that Geno is a middle of the pack QB just like 15-20 other starting QBs. He will have some good days and some days he will look shitty. Derek Carr like. But your solution, while we are winning games, is to bring in Lock who is just plain, not a starting caliber QB in this league and make us worse at the position. Let's not pretend that a couple of pre-season, meaningless flashes changes that fact. It just makes no sense to me what you are saying. I get frustrated with Geno at times too and I know he isn't the long term answer but he's really the best option out there at the moment. To suggest otherwise is just ridiculous. It's clear how you feel about Geno and sobeit but you need to think before you type. The benching QBs to "light a fire" as you say never works and never has in this league. The season goes by too fast and it always leads to failure.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before Screamin. I Agree that Geno is a middle of the pack QB just like 15-20 other starting QBs. He will have some good days and some days he will look shitty. Derek Carr like. But your solution, while we are winning games, is to bring in Lock who is just plain, not a starting caliber QB in this league and make us worse at the position. Let's not pretend that a couple of pre-season, meaningless flashes changes that fact. It just makes no sense to me what you are saying. I get frustrated with Geno at times too and I know he isn't the long term answer but he's really the best option out there at the moment. To suggest otherwise is just ridiculous. It's clear how you feel about Geno and sobeit but you need to think before you type. The benching QBs to "light a fire" as you say never works and never has in this league. The season goes by too fast and it always leads to failure.

No i am asking to sit him when he is playing like the worst starting QB in the league, like he was against the Giants. Also it's not a permanent benching Next week he starts again. Play Lock like a long reliever when Geno sucks ass. This gets Lock on the field and a chance for us to actually see what he has with out committing to him. The Giants game was the perfect game to sit Geno after he got hurt.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No i am asking to sit him when he is playing like the worst starting QB in the league, like he was against the Giants. Also it's not a permanent benching Next week he starts again. Play Lock like a long reliever when Geno sucks ass. This gets Lock on the field and a chance for us to actually see what he has with out committing to him. The Giants game was the perfect game to sit Geno after he got hurt.

You think Geno Smith was the worst QB in the league on Monday? You have completely lost it. Maybe we should trade for Mac Jones or Zach Wilson just so we can get rid of the worst QB in the league.

This particular jihad by you is just straight up weird. You are usually a pretty thoughtful poster. But it seems like you just want to double down over and over again just to be right.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Lock as the future at QB and do not think it benefits the Seahawks to create a QB controversy. If Geno fails the Seahawks then turn to the draft next year which some believe to be a good year for the QB position, might want to do that even if Geno does well since he's no longer young. Lock is injury insurance only, nothing he's done in the past would lead me to believe he's starting material in the NFL. He got his chance when Wilson left the Seahawks and he came in second to Geno. I say this even though I'm not big on Geno.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just saying when Geno sleep walks through a game then put in the young guy.

You think Geno Smith was the worst QB in the league on Monday? You have completely lost it. Maybe we should trade for Mac Jones or Zach Wilson just so we can get rid of the worst QB in the league.

A 31 QBR is BAD! Like it or not Geno sucked ass in the Giants game. J. Dobbs played light years better than Geno did against the Giants.
J Dobbs
21/312287.4100-074.5
G Smith
13/201105.5102-1331.1

Guess J Dobbs is better than Geno right? I don't think that but i know Geno can suck up the joint and when he does he should sit down. We all saw Lock show some spark in the preseason so why not throw him out there when Geno plays like shit?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just saying when Geno sleep walks through a game then put in the young guy.

A 31 QBR is BAD! Like it or not Geno sucked ass in the Giants game. J. Dobbs played light years better than Geno did against the Giants.
J Dobbs
21/312287.4100-074.5
G Smith
13/201105.5102-1331.1

Guess J Dobbs is better than Geno right? I don't think that but i know Geno can suck up the joint and when he does he should sit down. We all saw Lock show some spark in the preseason so why not throw him out there when Geno plays like shit?
You can say that about every almost every QB in the league right now Screamin. Hell, Mahomes has been well below his usual self, Burrow has been bad, Allen was awful in the first game vs the Jets. Hurts hasn't been lighting the world on fire. I realize you are now dug in on this stance but c'mon buddy. This isn't baseball and just because a guy has a shitty game, you don't fuck around like that. Ask the Patriot or Jets fans how that worked out for them last year and they had much worse QB play that even a bad Geno puts out. You might have an argument if Geno had cost us this game but he didn't and he also didn't turn the ball over. Turnovers are far more critical than any of the other mostly meaningless QB stats, especially bullshit ones like QBR.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say that about every almost every QB in the league right now Screamin. Hell, Mahomes has been well below his usual self, Burrow has been bad, Allen was awful in the first game vs the Jets. Hurts hasn't been lighting the world on fire. I realize you are now dug in on this stance but c'mon buddy. This isn't baseball and just because a guy has a shitty game, you don't fuck around like that. Ask the Patriot or Jets fans how that worked out for them last year and they had much worse QB play that even a bad Geno puts out. You might have an argument if Geno had cost us this game but he didn't and he also didn't turn the ball over. Turnovers are far more critical than any of the other mostly meaningless QB stats, especially bullshit ones like QBR.

Also, you have to take game context into consideration. The Sehawks were playing with a 2 score lead for basically the entire 2nd half. We all know that Pete wants ultra conservative offense in those situations, for good or bad. We can't just ignore that.